Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Planting row arrangement and nutrient management in geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) - garlic (Allium sativum) intercropping
First Online 25-02-2016|
- Adetiloye, P.O. and Adekunle, A.A. (1989) Concept of monetary equivalent ratio and its usefulness in the evaluation of intercropping advantages. Tropical Agriculture, 66 : 337-341.
- Anonymous. (1996) Impact of chemicals and allied products, Chemical Weeklly, 11: 237-280.
- Fukai, S. and Trenbath, B.R. (1993) Process determining intercrop productivity and yield of component crops. Field crops Research, 34: 217-227.
- Hiebsch, C.K. and McCollum, R.E. (1987) Area x time equivalent ratio : A method for evaluating the productivity of intercrops. Agronomy J., 79 : 15-22.
- Jackson, M.L. (1967) Soil Chemical analysis. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Mead, R. and Willey, R.W. 1980. The concept of land equivalent ratio and advantages in yield from intercropping. Experimental Agric. 16:217-218.
- Morris, R.A. and Garrity, D.P. (1993) Resource capture and utilization in intercropping : non-nitrogen nutrients. Field crops research, 34:319-334.
- Olsen, S.R., Cale, C.V., Watanable, F.S. and Dean, L.A. (1954) Estimation of available phosphorus in soil by extraction with sodium bi carbonate, USDA circular 939, Washington, 19.
- Prakasa Rao, E.V.S., Singh, Munnu and Rao, S. Ganesha. (1984) Intercropping studies in geranium (Pelargonium graveolens L.). J. Agric. Sci. Cambridge, 102: 499-500.
- Prakasa Rao, E.V.S., Singh, Munnu and Rao, S. Ganesha. (1988) Effect of plant spacing and nitrogen levels on herb and essential oil yields and nutrient uptake in geranium (Pelargonium graveolens). International J. Trop Agric., 6 : 95-101.
- Qinghua, Z. (1993) China’s perfumery industry picks up. Perf. Flav., 18 : 47-48.
- Ram, M. and Kumar, S. (1998) Intercropping medicinal, spice and oil seed crops with geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) for improving productivity in the assured input systems of a subtropical environment. Journal of Medical and Aromatic Sciences, 20 1-7.
- Ram, M., Singh, R., Naqvi A.A. and Kumar, S. (1997) Effect of planting time on the yield and quality of essential oil in Pelargonium graveolens. J. Hort. Sci., 72 : 807-810.
- Ram, M., Gupta, M.M. Naqvi, A.A. and Kumar, S. (1995) Commercially viable annual crop of geranium in northern Indian plains. Journal of medicinal and Aromatic plants sciences, 17 : 17-20.
- Ram, M.; Ram, D. and Roy, S.K. (2003) Influence of an organic mulching on fertilizer nitrogen use efficiency and herb and essential oil yields in geranium (Pelargonium graveolens). Bioresorce Technology, 87 : 273 - 278.
- Setty, B.S., Sulikeri, G.S. and Hulamani, N.C. (1989) Effect of N, P and K on growth and yield of garlic (Allium sativum). Karnataka J. Agric. Sciences, 2 : 160 - 164.
- Singh, M. and Shivraj, B. (1998) Intercropping studies in lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus). J. Agron Crop Sci., 180 : 23-26.
- Subbiah, B.V. and Asija, G.C. (1956) A rapid method for the estimation of nitrogen in soil. Current Science, 25 : 259 - 260.
- Takkar, P.N. Mann, M.S., Bansal, R.L., Randhawa, N.S. and Singh, H. (1976) Agron. J., 68 : 942-946.
- Willey, R.W. and Rao, M.R. (1980) A competitive ratio for quantifying competition between intercrops. Experimental Agric., 16 : 117 - 125.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.