- Al-Jamal MS, Ball S, Sammis TW (2001). Comparison of sprinkler, trickle and furrow irrigation efficiencies for onion production. Agric. Water Manage. 46: 253-266.
- Aujla TS and PS Madan (1992) Response of onion to irrigation, nitrozen fertilizer and row spacing on deep sandy loam soil in subtropical monsson region. Ind. J. Agric.Sci. 62 (2): 129-134.
- Bandyopadhyay PK, Mallick S and Rana SK (2003) Actual evepotranspiration and crop coefficient of onion under varying soil moisture levels in the humid tropics of India. Trop. Agric 80 (2) : 83-90
- Enciso J, Wiedenfeld B, Jifon, J and Nelson S(2009). Onion yield and quality response to two irrigation scheduling strategies. Sci. Horticult. 120: 301-305.
- Farrag M.M. 1995. Influence of planting method and plant density on growth, yield and bulbs quality on onion growth from sets. Assiut J. Agric. Sci. 26 (I): 73-84.
- Halim OA, Ener M (2001). A study on irrigation scheduling of onion (Allium cepa L.) in Turkey. J. Biol. Sci. 1(8): 735-736.
- Halvorson AD, Bartolo ME, Reute CA and Berrada A (2008). Nitrogen effects on onion yield under drip and furrow irrigation. Agron J. 100 (4): 1062-1069.
- Imtiyaz M, Mgadla NP, Chepete B, Manase SK (2000). Response of six vegetable crops to irrigation schedules. Agric. Water Manage. 45: 331-342.
- Kumar, S., Imtiyaz, M., Kumar, A. and Singh, R. (2007). Response of onion (Allium cepa L.) to different levels of irrigation water. Agric. Water Manag. 89: 161-166.
- Marschner, H. (1995). Mineral nutrition of higher plants. 2nd Ed. Academic Press, London.
- Mermoud A, Tamini TD, Yacouba H (2005). Impacts of different irrigation schedules on the water balance components of an onion crop in semi-arid zone. Agric. Water Manage. 77: 282-295.
- Olalla FJ, Dominguez-Padilla A, Lopez R (2004). Production and quality of the onion crop (Allium cepa L.) cultivated under deficit irrigation conditions in a semi-arid climate. Agric. Water Manage. 68: 77-89.
- Olalla FJ, Valero JA, Cortes CF (1994). Growth and production of onion crop (Allium cepa L.) under different irrigation scheduling. Eur. J. Agron. 3: 85-92.
- Pelter QG, Mittelstadt R, Leib BG (2004). Effects of water stress at specific growth stages on onion bulb yield and quality. Agric. Water Manage. 68: 107-115.
- Reddy M, M S Ayyanagowdar, M Nemichandrappa, P Balakrishnan, M G Patil (2012) Techno economic feasibility of drip irrigation for onion (Alluim cepa L). Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 25 (4) : (475-478) 2012
- Renault D, Wallender WW (2000) Nutritional water productivity and diets. Agric. Water Manage. 45: 275-296.
- Sadaria, S. G., Malavia, V.O., Khanpara, M.G., Oudhatra, M.N.V. and Mathukia, R. K. (1997). Irrigation and fertilizer management in onion (Allium ccpa) and its residual effect on groundnut (Arachis hypogaeaJ. Indian). Agron. 42 (4): 709-712
- Sidhu, A. S. and Dhatta, A. S. (2005). Effect of seed rate, bulb set size and method of planting on kharif onion production. In: Abstracts of poster sessions: National symposium on current trends in onion, garlic, chillies and seed spices production, marketing and utilization, 25-27 November, 2005, National Research Centre for Onion and Garlic (NRCOG), Rajgurunagar, Pune, pp. 69.
- Shock CC, Feibert EBG, Saunders LD (2000). Irrigation criteria for drip-irrigated onions. Hort. Sci. 35: 63-66.
Submitted Date : 18-08-2014
Accepted Date : 15-08-2016