Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Population dynamics of sucking insect pests of cotton and its correlation with abiotic factors
First Online |
- Aggarwal, N., Brar, D.S. and Buttar, G.S. (2007). Evaluation of Bt and non-Bt version of two cotton hybrids under different spacings against sucking insects-pests and natural enemies. J. Cotton Res. Dev., 21: 106-110.
- Anonymous, (2010). AICCIP Annual Report 2010-11: Introduction. CICR, Regional Station, Lawley Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu-641003. p- 5.
- Bishnoi, O.P., Singh, M., Rao, V.U.M., Ram Niwas and Sharma, P.D. (1996). Population dynamics of cotton pests in relation to weather parameters. Indian J. Entomol., 58: 103-107.
- Dhaka, S.R. and Pareek, B.L. (2008). Weather factors influencing population dynamics of major insect pests of cotton under semi arid agro-ecosystem. Indian J. Entomol., 70: 157-163.
- Dhawan, A.K. (2000). Cotton pest scenario in India: Current status of insecticides and future perspectives. Agrolook., 1: 9-26.
- Dhillon , M.K. and Sharma, H.C.(2013). Comparative studies on the effects of Bt-transgenic and non-transgenic cotton on arthropod diversity, seedcotton yield and bollworm control. J. Environ Biol., 34: 67-73.
- Krishnaiah, K., Ramachander, P.R., Jagmohan, N. and Wahi, S.D. (1979). Sampling technique for estimation of jassid population on okra. Indian J. Entomol., 41: 200-202.
- Kumar, K.R. and Stanley, S. (2006). Comparative efficacy of Transgenic Bt and Non- transgenic cotton against insect pest of cotton in Tamil Nadu, India. Resistant Pest Management Newsletter, 15:38-43.
- Kumar, V. and Sharma, A. (2012). Incidence of sucking insect pests of transgenic Bt cotton in relation to abiotic factors. Int. J. Plant Sci., 7: 240-243.
- Lakshminarayana, S., Singh, P.S. and Mishra, D.S. (2007). Relative occurrence of whitefly and YMV on some genotypes of Vigna radiate. Annals Pl. Protec. Sci., 15: 438-440.
- Lavekar, R.C., Teland, S.M., Sharma, O.P. and Rathod, K.S. (2004). Efficacy of pesticides against field insect pests of Bt cotton. Annals Pl. Protec. Sci., 12: 428-430.
- Pal, V., Sharma, P.D., Jat, S.L. and Chauhan, R. (2010). Relative performance of Bt and their corresponding non-Bt cotton genotypes for sucking pests and yield. J. Cotton Res. Dev., 24: 97-99.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1995). Statistical methods for Agricultural workers. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Parsad, N.V.V.S.D., Rao, N.H.P. and Mahalakshmi, M.S. (2008). Population dynamics of major sucking pests infesting cotton and their relation to weather parameters. J. Cotton Res. Dev., 22: 85-90.
- Prasad, N.V.V.S.D. and Rao, N.H. (2008). Field evaluation of Bt cotton hybrids against insect pest complex under rainfed conditions. Indian J. Entomol., 70: 330-336.
- Rathod, K.S., Lavekar, R.C., Pande, A.K., Patange, N.R. and Sharma, O.P. (2003). Efficacy of imidacloprid against sucking pests of cotton. Annals Pl. Protec. Sci., 11: 369-370.
- Sadre Alam Fakhri, M. and Khowaja, J. (2012). population dynamics of major insect pests of cotton in relation to abiotic factors. Int. J. Adv. Biol. Res., 2(3) 2012: 500-505
- Selvaraj, S., Adiroubane, D. and Ramesh, V. (2010). Population dynamics of important insect pests of bhendi in relation to weather parameters. Pestology., 34:35-39.
- Selvaraj, S and Ramesh, V. (2012). Seasonal abundance of whitefly, Bemisia tabaci gaennadius and their relation to weather parameters in cotton. Int. J. Food. Agri. Vety Sci., 2 : 57-63
- Sharma, M. and Dhawan, A.K. (2005). Field evaluation of Bt transgenic hybrid against sucking pests and natural enemies. Ist Congress on Insect Science, Dec. 15-17, PAU, Ludhiana. pp. 69-71.
- Sharma, P.D., Jat, K.L. and Takar, B.L. (2004). Population dynamics of insect pests of American cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) in Haryana. J. Cotton Res. Dev., 18: 104-106.
- Singh, S., Niwas, R., Saina, R.K. and Khichar, M.L. 2004. Relationship of micro climatic parameters with population dynamics of leafhopper and whitefly in cotton. Abstracts of National Symposium on ì Changing World Order- Cotton Research, Development and Policy in Contextî August 10-12, 2004, ANGRAU, R. Nagar, Hyderabad. pp.104.
- Singh, S., Niwas, R., Saina, R.K. and Khichar, M.L. (2004). Relationship of micro climatic parameters with population dynamics of leafhopper and whitefly in cotton. Abstracts of National Symposium on I Changing World Order- Cotton Research, Development and Policy in Contexti August 10-12, 2004, ANGRAU, R. Nagar, Hyderabad. Pp.104.
- Sitaramaraju, S., Prasad, N.V.V.S.D. and Krishnaiah, P.V. (2010). Seasonal incidence of insect pests on Bt cotton in relation to weather parameters. Annals Pl. Protec. Sci., 18: 49-52.
- Vennila, S., Biradar, V.K., Panchbhai, P.R., Gadpayle, J.G., Deshmukh, A.Y., Nemade, P.W. and Karanjkar, P.P. (2005). Seasonal dynamics, survival and feeding preference of Earias vittella larval instars on cotton. Annals Pl. Protec. Sci., 13: 60-64.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.