Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Seed invigouration with botanicals to improve physiological performance of soybean (Glycine max (L.) merrill) seeds
First Online |
- Abdul-Baki, A.A. and Anderson, J.D. (1973). Vigour determination in soybean seed by multiple criteria. Crop Sci., 13: 630-633.
- Alex Albert, V. (2004). Organic seed production in Tomato. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Annegowda, H. V., Ween Nee, M., Mordi, N, Ramanathan, S. and Mansor, S. M. (2010). Evaluation of phenolic content and antioxident property of hydrolysed extracts of Terminalia catappa L. leaf. Asian J. Pl. Sci., 9: 479 - 485.
- De, B. K., Mandal, A. K. and Basu. R. N. (2004). Compatibility of fungicides with pre-storage dry and mid-storage wet physiological seed treatments for storability and field performance of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Tropical Agric., 81(2): 117-129.
- De, B. K., Mandal, A. K.and Basu, R. N.( 2003). Seed invigouration treatments on different seed sizes of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) for improved storability and field performance. Seed Sci. & Technol., 31 (2): 206-213.
- Devarani, N. and Rangasamy, A. (1998). Nutrient and drought management practices for rainfed sorghum under vertisol. Madras Agric. J., 85 (7-9): 391-393.
- Heydecker, W. (1973). Germination of an idea: The priming of seeds. University of Nottingham School of Agri. Rep., 1973 - 1974.
- ISTA. (2010). International Rules for Seed Testing: ISTA, Bassersdorf, Switzerland.
- Jegathambal, R. (1996). Pre-sowing seed treatment to augment productivity of sorghum cv. CO 26 under rainfed agriculture. Ph.D., Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Kapri, B., Sengupta, A. K., De, B. K, Mandal, A. K. and Basu, R. N. (2003). Pre-storage seed invigouration treatments for improved germinability and field performance of okra (Hibiscus esculentus). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 73(5): 276-9.
- Kavitha , S. (2002). Seed hardening and pelleting for maximizing the productivity of black gram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). cv. Vamban 3 under rainfed condition. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Kundagrami, S., De, B. K. and Mandal A. K. (2008). Post harvest seed invigouration treatments for improved storability and field performance of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Crop Res., 34 (3): 317-322.
- Layek, N., De, B. K., Mishra, S. K. and Mandal, A. K. (2006). Seed invigouration treatments for improved germinability and field performance of gram (Cicer arietinum L.). Legume Res., 29(4): 257-261.
- Mandal, A. K., B. K. De, R. Saha and Basu, R. N. (2000). Seed invigouration treatments for improved storability field emergence and productivity of soybean (Glycine max L.). Seed Sci. & Technol., 28: 349-355.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1995). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Ramya, P., Sudisha, J., Lakshmi devi , N. and Aradhya, S. M. ( 2011). Antibacterial and anti -oxidant activities of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum - graceum L.) leaves. Res. J. of. Med. Pl. 5(6): 695 - 705.
- Renugadevi, J., Natarajan, N. and Srimathi, P. (2008). Efficacy of botanicals in improving the seeds and seedling quality charactristics of cluster bean. Int. J. Biol. of Agri. & Legume Res., 31(3): 164 -168.
- Roopa, V. (2006). Influence of post harvest handling techniques on seed quality and storability of Muskmelon (Cucumis melo L.). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad (India).
- Rudrapal, D. and Basu, R. N. (2004). The role of initial seed vigour status in the expression of invigouration effect of wet and dry seed treatments in French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Seed Sci. & Technol., 32 (1): 205-212.
- Sathish,S. and Bhaskaran, M. (2013) Seed dry dressing with botanicals to improve physiological performance of fresh and aged seeds of blackgram (Vigna mungo L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research, 8(29):4049-4057.
- Sauvaire, Y., Ribes, G.,.Bascou, J.C. and Laubatieres- Mariani, M. M. (1991). Lipids, 26: 191.
- Sengupta, A. K., De, B. K. and Mandal, A. K.(2005). Pre-storage seed invigouration treatments for the maintenance of vigour, viability and field performance of high vigour onion seed (Allium cepa. L.). Seed Sci. & Technol., 33(3): 753-760.
- Vijayan, R.(2005). Organic seed production in rice cv. ADT 43, Ph.D. Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Walton, N. J. and Brown, D. E. (1999). Chemicals from plants: Perspectives on plant Secondary Products. London: Imperial College Press.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.