Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Seed invigoration treatments for improved germinability and field performance of soybean [Glycine max (L.)Merill]
First Online |
- Anderson, A.M., Hart, J.R. and French, R.C. (1964) Composition of germination technique and conductivity tests of cotton seeds. Proc. Int. Seed Test Ass. 29:81-86.
- Basu, R.N.(1976) Physico-chemical control of seed deterioaration.Seed Res. 4: 15-23.
- Basu, R.N. and Rudrapal, A.B. (1980) Iodination of mustard seed for maintenance of vigour and viability. Indian J. Expt. Biol. 18: 492-494.
- Bernheim, F., Bernheim, M.L.C.and Wilbur, K.M. (1948) The reaction between thioburbituric acid and the oxidation products of certain lipids. J. Biol.Chem. 174: 257-264.
- Borges, A., Ferreira,C., Saavedra, M.J,and Simoes, M. (2013) Antibacterial Activity and Mode of Action of Ferulic and Gallic Acids Against Pathogenic Bacteria. Microbial Drug Resistance. 00: 1-10.
- Brand, L.M., Share, K.L., Loomans, M.E. and Reller, H.H. (1990) Antiinflammatory pharmacology and mechanism of the orally active capsaicin analogs. NE-19550 and NE-28345. Agents action. 31: 329-349.
- Burgess, R.W. and Powell, a.a. (1984) Evidence for repair processes in invigoration of seeds by hydration. Ann. Bot. 53: 753-757.
- Castelluccio, C., Bolwell, G. P., Gerrish,C. and Rice-evans ,C. (1996) Differential distribution of ferulic acid to the major plasma constituents in relation to its potential as an antioxidant. Biochem. J. 316: 691-694.
- Chiu,K. Y., Wang, C. S., and Sung, J. M. (1995) Lipid peroxidation and peroxide-scavenging enzymes associated with accelerated aging and hydration of watermelon seeds differing in ploidy. Physiol. Plant. 94: 441-446.
- De, B. K. Mandal, A.K. and Basu, R.N. (2003) Seed invigoration treatments on different seed size of Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) for improved storability and field performance. Seed Sci. and Technol. 31: 379-388.
- Demopolous, H.B. (1973) Control of free radicals in biological system. Federation Proceed. 32: 1903-1908.
- Dey, A.K. and Ghosh, J.J. (1993) Ultraviolate radiation- induced lipid peroxidation in liposomal membrane: modified by capsaicin. Phytotherapy Res. 7: 87-89.
- Fisher, R.A. (1948) Statistical methods for research workers. Oliver and Boyd.Edinburgh.Hsu, S.Y., Hsu,Y.T. and Kao,C.H. (2003) The effect of polyethylene glycol on proline accumulation in rice leaves. Biol. Plant. 46: 73-78.
- Kapri, B., Sengupta, A.K., De. B.K., Mandal, A.K. and Basu, R.N. (2003) Pre-storage seed invigoration treatments for improved germinability and field performance of Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L.). India Agric.73(5) 276-279.
- Kumar G.N.M, Knowles N.R.(1993) Changes in lipid peroxidation and lipolytic and free- radical scavenging enzyme activities during aging and sprouting of potato seed-tubers. Plant Physiol. 102: 115–124.
- Kumar G.N.M, Knowles N.R. (1996) Oxidative stress results in increased sinks for metabolic energy during aging and sprouting of potato seed-tubers.Plant Physiol. 112: 1301–1313.
- Mandal, A.K., De, B.K., Basu, R.N. and Saha, R. (2000) Seed invigoration treatments for improved storability, field emergence and productivity of soyabean (Glycine max L.) Seed Sci. and Technol. 28: 201-207.McCready, R.M., Guggols, J., Silviers, V. and Owen, H.S., (1950) Determination of starch and amylase in vegetables. Ann. Of chem. 22: 1156-1158.
- McDonald, M.B. (1999) Seed deterioration: physiology, repair and assessment. Seed Sci. and Technol. 27: 177-237.
- Milvy, P. (1973) Control of free radical mechanism in nucleic acid systems: Studies in radio-protection and radiosensitization.Federation Proceed.32: 1895- 1902.
- Misra, P.S., Metz, E.T. and Glover, D.V. (1975) Cereal chem. 52: 844.
- Moore, S. and Sten, W.H. (1948) in: Methods in Enzymol (Eds. Colowick, S.P. and Kalpan, N.D.) Academic Press New York. 3: 468.
- Pallavi, M.S., Sudheer kumar, Kuldeep Singh Dangi and Vishnuvardhan Reddy, A. (2003) Effect of seed ageing on physiological, biochemical and yield attributes in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)cv. Morden. Seed Res. 31(2) 161-168.
- Pryor, W.A. and Lasswell, L.D. (1975) Diels-alder and 1,4- diradical intermediates in the spontaneous polymerization of venyl monomers. In: Adv. Free Radical Chem. (ed. Williams, G.H.). 5: 27.
- Pukacka S and Ratajczak E (2005) Production and scavenging of reactive oxygen species in Fagus sylvatica seeds during storage at varied temperature and humidity.J Plant Physiol. 162: 873–885.
- Pukacka S and Ratajczak E (2007) Age related biochemical changes during storage of beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) seeds. Seed Sci Res. 17: 45–53.
- Punjabi, B. and Basu, R.N. (1982) Testing germination and seedling growth by an inclined glass plate blotter method. India J. Pl. Physiol. 25: 289-295.
- Saha, R. and Basu, R.N. (1984) Invigoration of soybean seed for allevation of soaking injury and ageing damage on germinability. Seed Sci. and Technol.12: 613-622.
- Saha, R., Mandal, A.K. and Basu, R.N. (1990) Physiology of seed invigoration treatments in soybean (Glycine max L.) seed sci. and Technol. 18: 269-276.
- Steer KA, Wallace TM, Bolton CH, Hartog M. (1997) Aspirin protects low density lipoprotein from oxidative modification. Heart. 77: 333–337.
- Sung, J.M. and Chiu, K.Y. (2001) Solid matrix priming can partially reverse the deterioration of sweet corn seeds induced by 2,2´- azobis (2-amidino propane) hydrochloride generated free radicals. Seed Sci. and Technol. 29: 287-298.
- Theymoli Balasubramanian and Sdasivam, S. (1987) Plant Food Hum Nutr. 37: 41
- Umarani, R., Bharathi, A. and Karivarthanuja, T.V. (1997) Effect of seed treatments on storage life of Casuarina equisetifolia J) Tropical Forest Sci. 10: 18- 23.
- Villiers, T.A. and Edgcumbe, D.J. (1975) On the cause of seed deterioration in dry storage.Seed Sci. and Technol. 3: 761-774.
- Wilson, D.O. and McDonald, M.B. (1986b) the lipid peroxidation model of seed deterioration. Seed Sci. and Technol. 14: 269-300.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.