Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of long term terrace cultivation on nutrient availability and lime requirements in acid soils of Kalimpong hills under mulberry farming
First Online |
- AAFC. (1999). Terracing potato fields saves soil. Ministry of Agriculture and Agrifood Canada. [online] URL: http://res2.agr.gc.ca/ research-echerche/ann-dir/1999-2001/1x4x1_e.html
- Albrecht, S.L., Baune, H.L.M. Rasmussen, P.E. and Douglas, C.L. Jr. (1997). Light fraction soil organic matter in long-term agroecosystems. Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Annual Report. Spec. Rpt. 977: 38-42.
- Banerjee S.K., Singh S.B., Nath S. and Pal D.K. (1985). Some Chemical Properties of Soils under Different Old Stands on Upper Forest Hill of Kalimpong (Darjeeling), West Bengal. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 33(4): 788-794).
- Baruah, T.C. and Barthakur, H.P. (1997). A Textbook of Soil Analysis. Vikas Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Bhadrapur, T.G. and Seshagiri Rao, T. (1979). The effect of seepage and water logging on the development of saline and sodic soils in Tungabhadra Project Area of Karnataka. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, 27:408-413.
- Black, C.A. (1985). Methods of Soil Chemical Analysis - Part 2. American Society of Agronomy, Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- Brady, N.C. and Weil R.R. (1999). The Nature and Properties of Soils, 12th Edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 881p.
- Bray, R.H. and Kurtz, L.T. (1945). Determination of total, organic, and available forms of phosphorus in soils. Soil Sci. 59: 39 -45.
- Fageria, N.K. and Baligar, V.C. (2008). Ameliorating soil acidity of tropical Oxisols by liming for sustainable crop production. Adv. Agron., 99:345-431.
- FAO. (2000). Manual on integrated soil management and conservation practices. FAO Land and Water Bulletin 8, Rome, Italy: 230 pp.
- Hegde, R., Anilkumar, K.S., Rameshkumar, S.C., Devaraju, M. and Rudragouda. (2008). Characteristics and classification of soils of Amani Shivpurkere watershed (Linganahalli Village) Doddaballapur taluk, Bangalore rural district. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci. 21(3):373-378.
- Hegde, O.M. (1996). Integrated nutrient supply on crop productivity and soil fertility in rice (Oryza sativa) system. Indian J Agron., 41(1):1-8.
- Jackson, M.L. (1979). Soil Chemical Analysis: Advance Course. University of Wisconsin, Madison and Wisconsin.
- Karlen, D.L., Mausbach, M.J., Doran, J.W., Cline, R.G., Harris, R.F. and Schuman, G.E. (1997). Soil quality: a concept, definition and framework for evaluation. Soil Sci. Soc. America J. 61:4-10.
- Maurya, U.K., Sarkar, D and Nayak, C. (2005). Mineralogical studies of Benchmark soils of Darjeeling Himalayas and tarai region of West Bengal. Clay Research, 24(1):21-32.
- Mondal, C.K., Pal, S.K. and Roy, A. (2002). Forms of soil phosphorus in Terai Zone of West Bengal. Agropedology, 12:127-132.
- Nayak, R.K., Sahu, G.C. and Nanda, S.S.K. (2002). Characterization and classification of the soils of Central Research Station, Bhubaneswar. Agropedology. 12:1-8.
- Olsen, S., Cole, C., Watanabe. F.and Dean, L. (1954) Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate. USDA Circular Nr 939, US Gov. Print. Office, Washington, D.C.
- Patagundi, M.S., Channal, H.T. and Satyanarayana, T. (1996). Characteristics of some salt affected soils of Tungabhadra Left Bank Command, Karnataka. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 9:226-230.
- Patiram. (1994) Furrow application of lime is economical to rectify the acid soils of Sikkim. Indian Farming, 44(5):21.
- Ram, R.L., Jha, P., Sharma, P.K., Ahmed, N., Kumar, R., Sharanappa., Vasudeo Rao, D.A.L. and Singh, V. (2013). Mapping and Assessment of Soils in Nagarjunasagar Catchment, Lingasugur Taluk of Karnataka. International Journal of Agricultural Science, 5(2):347-353.
- Ram, R.L., Sharma, P.K., Jha, P., Das, S.N. and Ahmad, N. (2010). Characterization and classification of soils of Nagarjunasagar catchment in Shorapur taluk of Gulbarga district, Karnataka state. Agropedology. 20(2):112-123.
- Rao, A.P.V., Naidu, M.V.S., Ramavatharam, N. and Rao, G.R. (2008). Characterization, classification and evaluation of soils on different land forms in Ramachandrapuram mandal of Chittur district in Andhra Pradesh for sustainable land use planning. J. Indian Society of Soil science. 56(1):23-33.
- Ray, S.K. and Mukhopadhyay, D. (2012). A Study on Physicochemical Properties of Soils Under Different Tea Growing Regions of West Bengal. International Journal of Agriculture Sciences, 4(8): 325-329.
- Sahu, S.S. and Ghosh, S.K. (1982). Mineralogy of clay, silt and sand fractions of a pedon from Darjeeling Himalayan Region. Proc. Indian Natn. Sci. Acad. 48(2): 209-217.
- Sarkar, D., Baruah, U., Gangopadhyay, S.K., Sahoo, A.K. and Velayutham, M. (2002). Characteristics and classification of soils of Loktak command area of Manipur for sustainable land use planning. J. Indian Society of Soil Science, 50:196-204.
- Singh, I.S. and Agrawal, H.P. (2003). Characterization and classification of some rice growing soils of Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh. Agropedology, 13:11-16.
- Singh, A. K., Bisen, J. S., Bora, D. K., Kumar, R. and Bera, B. (2011). Comparative study of organic, inorganic and integrated plant nutrient supply on the yield of Darjeeling tea and soil health. Two and a Bud. 58:58-61.
- Soil Survey Manual. (1970). All India Soil & land Use Survey Organization, IARI, New Delhi.
- Soil Survey Staff. (1998). Keys to Soil Taxonomy 8th Edition. SCS, USDA, Washington, D.C. USA.
- Soil Survey Staff. (2006). Field Book for describing and sampling soils. National Soil Survey Centre, NRCS, USDA, Washington, USA.
- Swaranam, T.P., Velmurugan, A. and Rao, Y.S. (2004). Characterization and classification of some soils from Shahibi basin in parts of Haryana and Delhi. Agropedology 14:114-122.
- Taha, M. and Nanda, S.S.K. (2003). Transformation of soil characteristics under continuous irrigation in rice based farming system- A case study of Hirakud command of Orissa. Agropedology, 13: 30-3.
- USDA Soil Conservation Service. (1980). Save soil with terraces. Des Moines.
- Woomer, P.L., Martin, A., Albrecht, A., Reseck, D.V.S. and Scharpenseel, H.W. (1994). The importance and management of soil organic matter in the tropics. In: Woomer PL, Swift MJ (eds) The biological management of tropical soil fertility. Wiley, Chichester.
- www.sikkimagrisnet.org, Sikkim AGRISNET, Food Security and Agriculture Department, Government of Sikkim
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.