Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
PHYSICOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION AND ORGANOLEPTIC ANALYSIS IN RICE CULTIVARS
First Online |
- Al-Jibouri, H.A., Miller, P.A. and Robinson, H.F. (1958). Genotypic and environmental variations and covariance in upland cotton cross of interspecific origin. Agron. J. 50: 633-36.
- Anonymous (2004). Laboratory Manual on Rice Grain Quality Procedure. Dirrectorate of Rice Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, India, pp. 1–20.
- Bansal, U.K., Kaur, N. and Sani R.G. (2006). Donors for quality characteristics in aromatic rice. Oryza 43(3): 197-202.
- Bhattacharya, K.R. (1979). Gelatinization temperature of rice starch and its determination. In proceedings of the workshop on chemical aspects of rice grain quality, International Rice Research Institute, Manila, Philippines, pp. 231-249.
- Bhonsle, S.J. (2010). Grain quality evaluation and organoleptic analysis of aromatic rice varieties of Goa, India. J. Agric. Sci. 2(3): 99-107.
- Bhonsle, S.J., and Sellappan, K. (2010). Grain quality evaluation of traditionally cultivated rice varieties of Goa, India. Recent Res. Sci. Tech. 2(6): 88-97.
- Burton, G.W. and De-Vane, E.H. (1953). Estimating heritability in tall fescue Festuca arundinaceae from replicated clonal material. Agron. J. 45: 578-581.
- Cruz, N.D., and Khush, G.S. (2000). Rice grain quality evaluation procedures. In: R.K Singh, U.S. Singh and G.S. Khush (Eds). Aromatic rices. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, pp. 15-28.
- Danbaba, N., Anounye, J.C., Gana, A.S., Abo, M.E. and Ukwungwu M.N. (2011). Grain quality characteristics of Ofada rice (Oryza sativa L.): Cooking and eating quality. Int. Food Res. J. 18: 629-634.
- Hossain, M.S., Singh, A.K. and Fasih-uz-Zaman (2009). Cooking and eating characteristics of some newly identified inter sub-specific (indica / japonica) rice hybrids. Sci. Asia 35: 320-325.
- IRRI (1996). Standard Evaluation System for Rice. IRRI, Los Banos, Phlippines.
- Johnson, H.W., Robinson, H.E. and Comstock, R.E. (1955). Estimate of genetic and environmental variability in soybean. Agron. J. 47: 314-318.
- Lefebvre, A., Bassereau, J.F., Pense-Lheritier, A.M., Rivere, C., Harris, N. and Duchamp, R. (2010). Recruitment and training of a sensory expert panel to measure the touch of beverage packages: Issue and methods employed. Food Qual. Pref. 21(1):156-164.
- Mathure, S., Shaikh, A., Renuka, N., Wakte, K., Jawali, N., Thengane, R. and Nadaf A. (2011). Characterization of aromatic rice (Oryza sativa L.) germplasm and correlation between their agronomic traits. Euphytica 179: 237-246.Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. 4th ede. ICAR, New Delhi, pp. 347.
- Perez, C.M., and Juliano, B.O. (1978). Modification of the simplified amylose test for milled rice. Starch-Starke 30: 424-426.
- Rachmat, R., Thahir, R. and Gummert, M. (2006). The empirical relationship between price and quality of rice at market level in West Java. Indonesian J. Agric. Sci. 7: 27-33.
- Rathi, S., Yadav, R.N.S. and Sarma R.N. (2010). Variability in grain quality characters of upland rice of Assam, India. Rice Sci. 17(4): 330-333.
- Ravi, U., Menon, L., Anupama, M, Jananni, B.K., Akilandeshwari, M.S. (2011). Analysis of rice grain quality of indigenous organic rice variety-Kappakar. Indian J. Agric. Res. 45(2): 113-121.
- Singh, A.K., Singh, P.K., Nandan, R. and Rao, M. (2012). Grain quality and cooking properties of rice germplasm. Ann. Pl. Soil Res. 14(1):52-57.
- Tan, Y.F., Xing, Y.Z., Li, J.X., Yu, S.B., Xu, C.G. and Zhang, Q. (2000). Genetic bases of appearance quality of rice grains in Shanyou 63 an elite rice hybrid. Theor. Appl. Genet. 101: 823-829.
- Vanaja, T., and Babu, L. (2003). Association between physicochemical characters and cooking qualities in high yielding rice varieties of diverse origin. Genet. Resou. 28: 28-29.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.