Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Soil informatics for agricultural land suitability assessment in Seoni district, Madhya Pradesh, India
First Online |
- Adeyanju, A. and Fasina, A.S. (2007). Comparision of three land evaluation systems in evaluating the predictive value of some selected soils in Ado-Ekiti, South West Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science, 17:113-119
- Bobade, S.V., Bhaskar, B.P., Gaikwad, M.S., Raja, P., Gaikwad, S.S., Anantwar, S.G., Patil, S.V., Singh, S.R., Maji, A.K. (2010). A GIS based land use suitability assessment in Seoni district, Madhya Pradesh, India. Tropical Ecology, 51(1):41-54.
- Card (2010). Impact assessment of ICDS in Madhya Pradesh. Final report.2009-2010 submitted by PMPSU (poverty monitoring and policy support unit). Study supported by DFID (Department for International Development). PP. 1-177.
- Coleman, A.L. and Galbraith, J.M. (2000). Using GIS as an agricultural land use planning tool. Bulletin 002, Virginia Agriculural Experiment Station. Blacks burg, Virginia.,pp.1-93.
- Dent, F.J, and Young, A. (1980). Soil Survey and Land Evaluation. George Allen and Unum. London. pp.278.
- District Statistical Report. (2003). Seoni District, Madhya Pradesh, District Statistical Office, Seoni.
- Eswaran, H., Reich, P. and Beinroth, F. (2000). Land resources of South Asia-stresses, quality and population supporting capacity. International Conference on Managing natural resources for Sustainable Agricultural production in the 21st Century, Invited papers. New Delhi, February 14-18. pp.97-109.
- Jain, S.C., Nair, K.K.K. and Yedekar, D.B. (1995). Geologyof the Son-Narmada-Tapti Lineament Zone in Central India, Spl. Publ. Geol. Survey India 10 : 1-154.
- FAO. (1976). A Frame work for land evaluation. Soils Bulletin 3,FAO, Rome, 72pp.
- Klingebiel, A.A. and Montgomery, P.H. (1961). Land capability classification. Agri. Handb.210,USDA, Soil conserve. Serv., Washigton, DC.
- Kushwaha, S.P.S., Subramanian, S.K., Kameswara Rao, S.V.C., .Ramana Murthy, J., Chennaiah, G., Perumal, A. and Beherea, G. (1996). Interfacing remote sensing and GIS methods for sustainable development. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 17:3055-3069.
- Maji, A.K., Nayak, D.C., Krishna, N.D.R., Srinivas, C.V., Kamble, K., Reddy ,G.P.O.and Velayutham, M, (2001). Soil information system of Arunachal Pradesh in a GIS environment for land use planning. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 3:69-77.
- Mermut, A.R., .Acton, D.F. and Eilers, W.D. (1983). Estimation of soil erosion and deposition by a landscape analysis Technique on clay soils in Southwestern Saskatchewan. Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 63:727-739.
- Pofali, R.M., Gaikwad, S.T. and Swaminanathan, M. (1995). Study of Geomorphic Features in Chandrapur District, Maharashtra. In: Jog, S.R., (Ed.), Indian Geomorphology, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, 2:221-229.
- Prakash, A.K., Muralikrishna, I.V., Mishra,P.K. and Chalam, R.V.R.K. (2007). Deciding alternate land use options in a watershed using GIS. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 133:162-174.
- Reddy, R.S. (2006). Methodology for Correlation of Soil Series in Soil Survey and Mapping. Agropedology, 6:1-11.
- Sanchez, P.A., Couto, W. and Bou,l S.W. (1982). The fertility capability soil classification : interpretation, applicability and modification. Geoderma, 27:283-309.
- Schoeneberger, P.J., Wysocki, D.A., Benham, E.C. and Soil Survey Staff. (2012). Field book for describing and sampling soils. Version 3.0., Natural Resources Conservation Service, National Soil Survey Center, Lincoln, NE.
- Soil Survey Division Staff. (1995)..Soil Survey Manual. Agric. Handb.18, U.S.Dept.Agric.. Indian Print. Jodhpur, Scientific Publishers..
- Soil Survey Staff. (2006). Keys to Soil Taxonomy.. United States Department of Agriculture , Natural Resource Conservation Service. Washington, DC.
- Subba Rao, A., Rupa, T.R. and Srivastava, S. (2001). Assessing potassium availability in Indian Soils. In: N.S. Pasricha and S.K. Banasal (ed.) Potassium in Indian Agriculture, special publication: Potash Research Institute of India, Gurgaon, Haryana: 125-157.
- Subramanyan,V. (1974 A quantitative analysis of two drainage basins around Sagar, M.P. Proc. Indian Natn.Sci.Acad., 40: 76-99.
- Sys, Ir.C, .Van Ranst, E. and Debaveye, Ir. J. (1991). Land Evaluation (Part-I to III). Agricultural Publications No.7, Central Administration of Development Cooperation , Brussels, Belgium.
- Velayutham, M., Mandal, D.K., Mandal, C. and Sehgal, J.L. (1999). Agroecological subregions in India for planning and devielopment. Publ. No. 35, NBSS&LUP, Nagpur.
- Zinck, J.A.(1989).Physiography and soils .Lecture notes for soil students.Soil Science Division.Soil Survey Courses subject matter. K5, ITC, Enchede, The Netherlands.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.