Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Paddy husk compost addition for improving nitrogen availability
First Online 13-03-2019|
- Adams, F and Martin, J.B. (1984). Liming effects on nitrogen use and efficiency. In: Hauck, RD. (ed) Nitrogen in Crop Production, American Society of Agronomy. Madison. pp 417 – 426.
- Alburquerque, J.A, Gonzálvez, J., García, D. and Cegarra, J. (2007). Effects of a compost made from the solid by-product (‘‘alperujo’’) of the two phase centrifugation system for olive oil extraction and cotton gin waste on growth and nutrient content of ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.). Bioresource Technology, 98: 40 – 945.
- Bai, B., Suri, V.K., Kumar, A. and Choudhary, A.K. (2017). Tripartite symbiosis of Pisum–Glomus–Rhizobium lead to enhanced productivity, nitrogen and phosphorus economy, quality and biofortification in garden pea in a Himalayan acid Alfisol. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 40(4): 600 – 613.
- Choudhary, A.K. and Rahi, S. (2018). Organic cultivation of high yielding turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) cultivars: A viable alternative to enhance rhizome productivity, profitability, quality and resource-use efficiency in monkey–menace areas of north-western Himalayas. Industrial Crops and Products, 124: 495 – 504.
- Choudhary, A.K. and Suri, V.K. (2018). Low-cost vermi-composting technology and its application in bio-conversion of obnoxious weed flora of north-western Himalayas into vermi-compost. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 49(12): 1429 – 1441.
- Choudhary, A.K., Rahi, S., Singh, A. and Yadav, D.S. (2010). Effect of vermi-compost and biofertilizers on productivity and profitability in potato in north-western Himalayas. Current Advances in Agricultural Sciences, 2(1): 18 – 21.
- Choudhary, A.K., Thakur, R.C. and Kumar, N. 2008. Effect of integrated nutrient management on soil physical and hydraulic properties in rice-wheat crop sequence in NW Himalayas. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 36(2): 97 – 104.
- Choudhary, A.K., Thakur, S.K. and Suri, V.K. (2013). Technology transfer model on integrated nutrient management technology for sustainable crop production in high value cash crops and vegetables in north-western Himalayas. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 44(11): 1684 – 1699.
- Choudhary, A.K. and Suri, V.K. (2009). Effect of organic manures and inorganic fertilizers on productivity, nutrient uptake and soil fertility in wheat (Triticum aestivum)–paddy (Oryza sativa) crop sequence in western Himalayas. Current Advances in Agricultural Sciences, 1(2): 65 – 69.
- Dhillon, B.S., Sharma, P.K. and Choudhary, A.K. (2018). Influence of staggered sown spring sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) at varying intra–row spacing and applied–N on pre– and post–anthesis N dynamics and dry matter partitioning in Indo–Gangetic plains region. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 49(16): 2002 – 2015.
- Erisman, J.W., Sutton, W., Galloway, M.A., Klimont, J.N. and Winiwarter, W. (2008). How a century of ammonia synthesis changed the world. Nature of Geoscience, 1: 636 – 639.
- Keeney, D.R. and Nelson, N.W. (1982). Nitrogen-inorganic forms. In: Method of Soil Analysis, Part 2 (2nd ed). Agron Mono 9. ASA and SSSA, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Kumar, A., Choudhary, A.K and Suri, V.K. (2016). Influence of AM fungi, inorganic phosphorus and irrigation regimes on plant water relations and soil physical properties in okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L.) – pea (Pisum sativum L.) cropping system in Himalayan acid Alfisol. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 39(5): 666–682.
- Latifah, O., Ahmed, O.H. and Majid, N.M.A. (2015). Compost maturity and nitrogen availability by co-composting of paddy husk and chicken manure amended with clinoptilolite zeolite. Waste Management and Research, 34 (4): 1 – 10.
- Malaysia Agriculture Research and Development (MARDI). (1993). Jagung Manis Baru (New Sweet Corn): Masmadu, Malaysia Agriculture Research and Development (MARDI), Mardi, Kuala Lumpur.
- Paramananthan, S. (2000). Soil of Malaysia: Their Characteristics and Identification, Malaysia. Vol. 1, Academy of Sciences Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 111-125.
- Paul, E.A., and Clark, F.E. (1996). Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry, 2nd Edition. Academic Press, San Diego.
- Paul, J., Choudhary, A.K., Sharma, S., Savita, Bohra, M., Dixit, A.K., Kumar, P. (2016). Potato production through bio–resources: Long–term effects on tuber productivity, quality, carbon sequestration and soil health in temperate Himalayas. Scientia Horticulturae, 213: 152 – 163.
- Paul, J., Choudhary, A.K., Suri, V.K., Sharma, A.K., Kumar, V. and Shobhna. (2014). Bioresource nutrient recycling and its relationship with biofertility indicators of soil health and nutrient dynamics in rice–wheat cropping system. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 45(7): 912 – 924.
- Rahi, S. and Choudhary, A.K. (2014). On–farm’ participatory technology development on integrated nutrient management for enhanced crop and rainwater productivity in garlic (Allium sativum L.) in north-western Himalayas. Journal of Agrometeorology, 16:296 – 297.
- Rahi, S. and Choudhary, A.K. (2016). Integrated crop management practices for off-season cabbage in high-hill wet-temperate region of north-western Himalayas. Annals of Agricultural Research, 37(4): 406 – 409.
- Smith, J.L. and Collins, H.P. (2007). Composting. In: Paul EA. (ed). Soil Microbiology, Ecology, and Biochemistry (3rd edition) Academic Press, Burlington. 483 – 486.
- Tan, K.H. (2003). Humic Matter in Soil and the Environment: Principles and Controversies, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA.
- Tan, K.H. (2005). Soil Sampling, Preparation, and Analysis. 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
- Weier, K.L. and Gilliam, J.W. (1986). Effect of acidity on nitrogen mineralization and nitrification in Atlantic Coastal Plain soils. Soil Science Society of American Journal, 50: 1210 – 1214.
- Xia, Y.P., Stoffella, P.J., He, Z.L., Zhang, M.K., Calvert, D.V., Yang, X.E. and Wilson, S.B. (2007). Leaching potential of heavy metals, nitrogen, and phosphate from compost-amended media. Compost Science and Utilization, 15: 29 – 33.
- Zhou, M.H., Zhu, B., Butterbach-Bahl, K., Zheng, X.H., Wang, T. and Wang, Y.Q. (2013). Nitrous oxide emissions and nitrate leaching from a rain-fed wheat-maize rotation in the Sichuan Basin, China. Plant Soil, 326: 149 – 159.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.