Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF FLY ASH SEED PELLETING ON GROWTH, PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND YIELD IN RICE UNDER AEROBIC CONDITION
First Online |
- Anandaraj, P. (2009). Studies on the effect of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield and seed quality in Blackgram (Vigna mungo (L)) and Bhendi (Abelmoschus esculentus (L)). M.Sc. (Ag) Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, India.Anandaraj, P., Prakash, M. and Sathiya Narayanan, G. (2008). The response of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield parameters in Black gram (Vigna mungo (L) Hepper). Paper presented at National Seed Congress, UAS, Bangalore. P-85.
- Anbarasan, R. (2011). Studies on effect of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield and quality in rice (Oryza sativa L) and cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L.). M.Sc.(Ag) Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, India.
- Basra, S.M.A., M. Farooq, Afzal, I. and Hussain, M. (2006). Influence of osmopriming on the germination and early seedling growth of coarse and fine rice. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 8, 19–22.
- Basu, R.N. (1994). An appraisal of research asset and dry physiological seed treatments and their applicability with special reference to tropical and subtropical countrie. Seed Science and Technology, 22: 107-126.
- Carlson, C.L. and Adriano, O.C. (1991). Growth and elemental content of the two tree species growing on abandoned coal fly ash basins. Journal of Environmental Quality. 20: 581-587.
- Farooq, M., Basra, S.M.A., Hafeez, K. and Ahmad, N. (2005). Thermal hardening: a new seed vigor enhancement tool in rice. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, 47, 187–193.
- Jegathambal, R. (1996). Study of the effect of plant protection chemicals on seed quality in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) cv. KR 2 and TMV 3. M.Sc.(Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agric. Univ., Coimbatore.
- Kalpana Kumar and Dubey, P.S. (2003). Effect of fly ash on growth and nutritional status of spinach. Paper published in 3rd International Conference of Fly Ash Utilisation and Disposal, 19-21 February, 2003, CBIP, New Delhi.
- Kesh, S., Kalra, N., Sharma, S.K., Harit, R.C., Joshi, K.C. and Chaudhary, A. (1998). Fly ash incorporation effects on soil characteristics and growth and yield of wheat. In: Research Highlights. Effect of fly ash incorporation on soil properties and crop productivity. 55-69.
- Khush. C.S. and Virk P.S. (2000). Rice breeding achievements and future strategies. Crop Improvment, 27(2): 115-144.
- Kuchanwar, O.D., Matte, D.B. and Kene, D.R. (1997). Evaluation of graded dose of fly ash and fertilizers on nutrient content and uptake of groundnut grown on vertisol. Journal of Soils and Crops, 7(1): 1-3.
- Kumar, R., Sarkar, A.K., Sharma, V.N. and Kumar, A. (1999). Use of fly ash in cultivation of vegetable crops. In Proceedings of the National Seminar on Utilization of fly ash in Agriculture and for Value-added Products. Central Fuel Research Institute, CSIR, Ministry of Science and Tech., Govt. of India, held on 15-16.
- Nov. 1999. 42-43.
- Lal, J.K., Mishra, B. and Sarkar, AK. (1996). Effect of fly ash on soil microbial and enzymatic activity. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science. 44:77-80.
- Lee H, Ha HS., Lee, C.H., Lee, Y.B. and Kim, P.J. (2006). Fly ash effect on improving soil properties and rice productivity in Korean paddy soils. Bioresource Technology. Sep; 97: 1490-7. Epub 2005, Sept. 8.
- Matte, D.B. and Kene, D.R. (1995). Response of different major common crops due to graded levels of fly ash in vidarbha (Maharashtra). Fly ash in Agriculture, Proc, Nat. Sem. Use of lignite fly ash in agriculture. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, pp.44-48.
- Mishra, L.C. and Shukala, K.N. (1986). Effects of fly ash deposition on growth, metabolism and dry matter production of maize and soybean. Environmental Pollution, 42: pp. 1-3.
- Mittra, B.N., Ghosh, B.C., Karmakar, S., James George and Chaturvedi, R. (1995). Effect of fly ash application on rice and sweet potato. Fly ash in Agriculture, Proc, Nat. Sem. Use of lignite fly ash in agriculture. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, pp.69-73.
- Muhammad Farooq, S.M.A. Basra, R. Tabassum and I. Afzal. (2006). Enhancing the Performance of direct seeded fine rice by seed priming. Plant Prod. Sci. 9(4): 446 – 456.
- Nidhi. V., R.C. Yadav and N.R. Yadav. (2003). Transgenic rice: Achievements and future challenges. A review. Crop Res., 26:198-207.
- Patagundi, M.S., Potdar, M.P., Hundekar, S.T. and Patil, S.A. (1997). Micronutrients enhance yield of legumes. Intensive Agriculture. January – February 3-9.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya Narayanan, G., Padmavathy, S., P. Anandaraj, P. and Sunil Kumar, B. (2010). The effect of flyash seed pelleting on seed storage in black gram (Vigna mungo (L). Hepper)”. Paper presented in International Conference on Food Technology, Edition II, 30-31, held on October, 2010, at Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Pp-22.Raghupathy, B. (1988). Effects of lignite fly ash (as a source of silica and cationic nutrients) and phosphorus on rice, maize and sugarcane in a lateritic soil”. Ph.D Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu.
- Rao, D.N., Agarwal, M. and Singh, J. (1990). Study of pollution on sink efficiency, growth response and productivity pattern of plants with respect to fly ash and SO2. Tech. Rep. (DEO/141/266-85) submitted to Ministry of Envi & Forest, New Delhi, India.
- Ros, C.R. Bell W. and White P.F. (2000). Phosphorus seed coating and soaking for improving seedling growth of Oryza sativa (rice) CV. IR66. Seed Science and Technology, 28: 391 – 401.
- Sanjay Bryar. (2010). Long Term experiment on farmer’s field for use of flyash in Maharashtra. Workshop on “Use of Fly ash in Agriculture”, Organised by C.FARM in association with Potash Research Institute of India, Gurgaon, ICAR, New Delhi and DST, New Delhi, held on March, 9, 2010. P.5-6.
- Sharma, Sudhir, K. and Karla, Naveen. (2006). Effect of fly ash incorporation on soil properties and productivity of crops. A review. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Res., 65 : 383-390.
- Sikka, R. and Kansal, B.D. (1993). Impact of flyash on soils and plants. Natl. Sem. Dev. Soil Sci. 58th Annual Convention. Journal of Indian Social Soil Science. 8-12:133-134.
- Sikka, R. and Kansal, B.D. (1995). Effect of fly-ash application on yield and nutrient composition of rice, wheat and on pH and available nutrient status of soils. Bioresource Technology. 51 (2-3) : 199-203.
- Usha Rani and Prasad Rao (2011). Effect of fly ash on yield and properties of soil in paddy. Green Farming. 2(6) : 654- 657 (New Series).
- Venkataramani, G. (2005). Survey of Indian Agriculture. The Hindu, Kasthuri publishers, Chennai. 5-6.
- Warambhe, P.E., Kene, D.R., Thakare, K.K., Darange, O.G. and Bhoyar, U.S. (1993). Evaluation of physico-chemical properties of flyash of thermal power station Koradi (Nagpur) – For its likely use in Agriculture. Journal of Soils and Crops, 3(1): 75-77.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.