Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
SURROGATE ESTIMATION OF SOIL WATER RETENTION CHARACTERISTICS OF SEASONALLY IMPOUNDED SOILS
First Online |
- Adhikary, P. P.; Chakraborty, D.; Kalra, N.; Sachdev, C. B.; , Patra, A. K.; Kumar, S.; Tomar, R. K. ; Chandna, P.; Raghav, D.; Agrawal, K. and Sehgal, M. (2008) Pedotransfer functions for predicting the hydraulic properties of Indian soils. Soil Research 46(5) 476–484.
- Black, C. A.; Evans, D. D.; Esingoger, L. E.; White, J. L. and Clark , F . E. (1965) Physical properties In: Methods of Soil Analysis. Part I and II, Amer. Soc. Agron. Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- Campbell, G. S. and Shizawa, Sho. (1990) Prediction of hydraulic properties of soils using particle size distribution and bulk density data. Proceedings of International Workshop in Indirect Methods for Estimating the Hydraulic Properties of Unsaturated Soils. USDA ARS/University of California, Riverside, CA.
- Chen, C. and Payne, W. A. (2001) Measured and modeled unsaturated hydraulic conductivity of a Walla Walla silt loam. Soil Science Society of America Journal 65:1385–1391.
- Donatelli, M. and Acutis, M. (2001) SOILPAR Computer code available at http://www.isci.it/tools
- Espino, A. D.; Mallants, M.; Vanclooster and Feyen, J. (1996) Cautionary notes on the use of pedotransfer functions for estimating soil hydraulic properties. Agricultural Water Management 29:235–253.
- Givi, J.; Prasher, S. O. and Patel, R. M. (2004) Evaluation of pedotransfer functions in predicting the soil water contents at field capacity and wilting point. Agricultural Water Management 70(2):83-96.
- Jackson, M. L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall India Limited, New Delhi.
- Jain, S. K.; Singh, V. P. and van, Genuchten, M.Th. (2004) Analysis of Soil Water Retention Data Using Artificial Neural Networks. J. Hydrologic Engg. 9(5): 415-420.
- Mandal, K. G.; Kundu, D. K.; Singh, R.; Kumar, A.; Rout, R.; Padhi, J.; Majhi, P. and Sahoo, D. K. (2013) Cropping practices, soil properties, pedotransfer functions and organic carbon storage at Kuanria canal command area in India. Springer Plus 2:631
- Minasny, B. and McBratney, A. B. (2002) The neuro-m method for fitting neural network parametric pedotransfer functions. Soil Science Society of America. Journal 66: 352-361.Nemes, A.; Schaap, M. G. and Wösten, J. H. M. (2003) Functional evaluation of pedotransfer functions derived from different scales of data collection. Soil Science Society of America. Journal 67:1093–1102.
- Parasuraman, K.; Elshorbagy, A. and Cheng, B., Si. (2007) Estimating saturated hydraulic conductivity using genetic Programming. Soil Science Society of America. Journal. 71:1676-1684
- Patil, N. G.; Rajput, G. S.; Nema, R. K. and Singh, R. B. (2010) Predicting hydraulic properties of seasonally impounded soils Journal of Agricultural Sciences Cambridge. 148: 159–170
- Patil, N. G.; Pal D. K.; Mandal, C. and Mandal, D. K. (2011) On describing soil water retention characteristics of vertisols and pedotransfer functions based on nearest neighbor and neural networks approach to estimate AWC. J. Irrigation and Drainage Engg. 138(2), 177–184.
- Rajput, G. S.; Singh, A.; Shrivastava, P.; Kewat, M. L. and Sharma, S. K. (2004) In: Indigenous Haveli System of Participatory Rainwater Management in Central India. J.N.K.V.V.V. Jabalpur. 22p.
- Rawls, W. J. and Brakensiek, D. L. (1982) Estimating soil water retention from soil properties. Journal of. Irrigation and Drainage Division, American. Society of Civil Engineers. 108, 166-171.
- Rawls, W. J.; Pachepsky, Y. and Shen, M. H. (2001) Testing soil water retention estimation with the MUUF pedotransfer model using data from the southern United States. Journal of Hydrology 251:177–185.
- Schaap, M. G.; Feike, J. L.; Martinus, L. and Van, Genuchten, M. Th. (2001) ROSETTA: a computer program for estimating soil hydraulic parameters with hierarchial pedotransfer functions. Journal of. Hydrology 251: 163-176.
- Soet, M. and Stricker, J. N. M. (2003) Functional behaviour of pedotransfer functions in soil water flow simulation. Hydrol. Process 17:1659–1670.
- Tomasella, J.; Pachepsky, Ya.; Crestana, S. and Rawls, W. J. (2003) Comparison of two techniques to develop pedotransfer functions for water retention. Soil Science. Society of America. Journal 67: 1085-1092.
- Van, Genuchten, M. Th. (1980) A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated Soils. Soil Science Society of America. Journal 44: 892-898.
- Wagner, B.; Tarnawski, V. R.; Hennings, V.; Muller, U.; Wessolek, G. and Plagge, R. (2003) Evaluation of pedo-transfer functions for unsaturated soil hydraulic conductivity using an independent data set. Geoderma 102:275–297.
- Wösten, J. H. M.; Pachepsky, Ya, A. and Rawls, W. J. (2001) Pedotransfer functions: bridging the gap between available basic soil data and missing soil hydraulic characteristics. Journal of Hydrology 251: 123-150.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.