Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Nitrate leaching losses reduction, N-use efficiency optimization in Triticum aestivum L. and Oryza sativa L. rotation to improve production and soil reclamation rate with gypsum in salt-affected soil
First Online 01-12-2018|
- Akbari, K.N., Karan, F., Qureshi, E. M., Patel, V. N. (2003). Effect of micronutrients, sulphur and gypsum on soil fertility and yield of mustard in red loam soils of Mewar (Rajasthan). Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 37 (2) : 94 – 99.
- Bouyoucos, G.J. (1962). Hydrometer method improved for making particle size analyses of soils. Agron. J. 54:464-465.
- Galloway, J.N., Leach, A.M., Bleeker, A., Erisman, J.W. (2013). A chronology of human understanding of the nitrogen cycle. Philos. T. R. Soc .B. 368:120.
- Ghafoor, A., Murtaza, G., Rehman, M., Sabir, M. (2012). Reclamation and salt leaching efficiency for tile drained saline-sodic soil using marginal quality water for irrigating rice and wheat crops. Land Degrad. Dev. 23:1–9.
- Hadjidemetrious, D.G. (1982). Comparative study of the determination of nitrates in calcareous soils by the ion-selective electrode, chromotropic acid, and phenoodisulphonic acid method. Analyst. 107:25-29
- Howden, N.J.K., Burt, T.P., Worrall, F., Mathias, S.A., Whelan, M.J. (2013). Farming for water quality: balancing food security and nitrate pollution in UK river basins. Ann. Assoc. Am. Geogr. 103:397–407.
- Kumar, M., Pannu, R.K., Kumar, A., Singh, B., Dhaka, A.K. (2018). Impacts of irrigation frequency and nitrogen rate on productivity, quality, nutrient uptake and nutrient use efficiencies of late sown wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Indian J. Agric. Res. 52 (2): 146-151
- Mandal, S., Samui, R.C. and Mandal, A. (2005). Growth, yield and yield attributes of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) cultivars as influenced by gypsum application. Legume Research. 28 (2): 119 – 121.
- Murtaza, G., Ghafoor, A., Owens, G., Qadir, M., Kahlon, U.Z. (2009). Environmental and economic benefits of saline-sodic soil reclamation using low-quality water and soil amendments in conjunction with a rice-wheat cropping system. J. Agron. Crop Sci. 195:124–136.
- Qadir, M., Quillérou, E., Nangia, V., Murtaza, G., Singh, M., Thomas, R.J., Drechsel, P., Noble, A.D. (2014). Economics of salt- induced land degradation and restoration. Nat. Resour. Forum, 38:282–295.
- Qadir, M. and Oste,r J.D. (2004). Crop and irrigation management strategies for saline-sodic soils and waters aimed at environmentally sustainable agriculture. Sci. Total Environ. 323:1-19.
- Rashmi, B.L., Mina, K., Kuldeep, S.A., Kumar, A., Kala, S., Singh, R.K. (2018). Gypsum-an inexpensive, effective sulphur source with multitude impact on oilseed production and soil quality: A review.Agricultural Reviews,37 (2): 117-124.
- Riedell, W.E., Pikul, J.L., Jaradat, A.A., Schumacher, A.T.E. (2009). Crop rotation and nitrogen input effects on soil fertility, maize mineral nutrition, yield and seed composition. Agron. J. 101:870-879.
- Schoonover, W.R. (1952). Examination of Soils for Alkali. Extension Service University of California Berkley California Memeograph USA.
- Sims, J.R. and Jackson, G.D. (1971). Rapid analysis of soil nitrate with chromotropic acid. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 35:603-606.
- Singh, S., Malik, R.K., Dhankar, J.S., Garg, R., Sheoran, P., Yadav, A., and Kamboj, B.R. (2011). Survey of nitrogen use pattern in rice in the irrigated rice-wheat cropping system of Haryana. Indian J. Environ. Biol. 32:43-49.
- Steel, R.G.D., Torrie, J.H., and Dickey, D.A. (1997). Principles and Procedures of Statistics. McGraw Hill Book Co. Inc. NY. USA.
- US Salinity Lab Staff. (1954). Diagnosis and Improvement of Saline and Alkali Soils. USDA Hand book 60 Washington DC USA.
- Yazdanpanah, N. (2016). CO2 emission and structural characteristics of two calcareous soils amended with municipal solid waste and plant residue. Solid Earth, 7:105-114.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.