- Abbasi, M. K., Mushtaq, A., and Tahir, M. M. (2009). Cumulative effects of white clover residues on the changes in soil properties, nutrient uptake, growth and yield of maize crop in the sub-humid hilly region of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan. African Journal of Biotechnology, 8(10), 2184-2194.
- Abedi, T., Alemzadeh, A., and Kazemeini, S. A. (2010). Effect of organic and inorganic fertilizers on grain yield and protein banding pattern of wheat. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 4(6), 384-389.
- Antil, R.S., and Narwal, R.P. (2007). Integrated nutrient management for maintaining soil health. Indian Journal of Fertilizer, 3, 111-121.
- Anwar, M., Patra, D. D., Chand, S., Alpesh, K., Naqvi, A. A., and Khanuja, S. P. S. (2005). Effect of organic manures and inorganic fertilizer on growth, herb and oil yield, nutrient accumulation, and oil quality of French basil. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 36(13-14), 1737-1746.
- Aulakh, M. (2010). Integrated nutrient management for sustainable crop production, improving crop quality and soil health, and minimizing environmental pollution. Paper presented at the 19th World Congress of Soil Science, Soil Solutions for a Changing World, Brisbane.
- Bationo, A., Kihara, J., Vanlauwe, B., Waswa, B., and Kimetu, J. (2007). Soil organic carbon dynamics, functions and management in West African agro-ecosystems. Agricultural Systems, 94(1), 13-25.
- CIMMYT. (2013). Maize CRP Annual Report for the Consortium and the Fund Council. Mexico: CGIAR.
- Enriquez, S., Duarte, C. M., and Sand-Jensen, K. (1993). Patterns in decomposition rates among photosynthetic organisms: the importance of detritus C: N: P content. Oecologia, 94(4), 457-471.
- Esmaeilian, Y., Sirousmehr, A. R., Asghripour, M. R., and Amiri, E. (2012). Comparison of sole and combined nutrient application on yield and biochemical composition of sunflower under water stress. International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 2(3), 214-220.
- Gentry, L., Below, F., David, M., and Bergerou, J. (2001). Source of the soybean N credit in maize production. Plant and Soil, 236(2), 175-184.
- Hadas, A., Kautsky, L., Goek, M., and Kara, E. E. (2004). Rates of decomposition of plant residues and available nitrogen in soil, related to residue composition through simulation of carbon and nitrogen turnover. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 36(2), 255-266.
- Ibrahim, M. H., Jaafar, H. Z., Karimi, E., and Ghasemzadeh, A. (2013). Impact of organic and inorganic fertilizers application on the phytochemical and antioxidant activity of Kacip Fatimah (Labisia pumila Benth). Molecules, 18(9), 10973-10988.
- Khan, A., Jan, M. T., Arif, M., Marwat, K. B., and Jan, A. (2008). Phenology and crop stand of wheat as affected by nitrogen sources and tillage systems. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 40(3), 1103-1112.
- Kravchenko, A. G., and Thelen, K. D. (2007). Effect of winter wheat crop residue on no-till corn growth and development. Agronomy Journal, 99(2), 549-555.
- Kumar, A., Gali, S., and Patil, R. (2010). Effect of levels of NPK on quality of sweet corn grown on vertisols. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 20(1), 44 - 46.
- Kumbhar, A., Buriro, U., Oad, F., and Chachar, Q. (2007). Yield parameters and N-uptake of wheat under different fertility levels in legume rotation. Journal of Agricultural Technology, 3, 323-333.
- Morris, M., Kelly, V. A., Kopicki, R. J., and Byerlee, D. (2007). Fertilizer use in African agriculture. Lessons learned and good practice guidelines. Directions in Development: Agriculture and Rural Development publication 39037 World Bank, Washington D C, 162 pp.
- Negassa, W., Getaneh, F., Deressa, A., and Dinsa, B. (2007). Integrated use of organic and inorganic fertilizers for maize production. Utilization of diversity in land use systems: Sustainable and organic approaches to meet human needs”. A paper presented on Tropentag, 9-11.
- Svubure, O., Mpepereki, S., and Makonese, F. (2010). Sustainability of maize-based cropping systems in rural areas of Zimbabwe: an assessment of the residual soil fertility effects of grain legumes on maize (Zea mays [L.]) under field conditions. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, 2(7), 141-148.
- Tejada, M., Gonzalez, J. L., García-Martínez, A. M., and Parrado, J. (2008). Effects of different green manures on soil biological properties and maize yield. Bioresource Technology, 99(6), 1758-1767.
- Torres, J. L. R., Pereira, M. G., Rodrigues Junior, D. J., and Loss, A. (2015). Production, decomposition of residues and yield of maize and soybeans grown on cover crops. Revista Ciência Agronômica, 46(3), 451-459.
- Vachon, K., and Oelbermann, M. (2011). Crop residue input and decomposition in a temperate maize-soybean intercrop system. Soil Science, 176(4), 157-163.
- Yusuf, A., Abaidoo, R., Iwuafor, E., Olufajo, O., and Sanginga, N. (2009). Rotation effects of grain legumes and fallow on maize yield, microbial biomass and chemical properties of an Alfisol in the Nigerian savanna. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 129(1), 325-331.
- Zafar, M., Rahim, N., Shaheen, A., Khaliq, A., Arjamand, T., Jamil, M., et al. (2011). Effect of combining poultry manure, inorganic phosphorus fertilizers and phosphate solublizing bacteria on growth, yield, protein content and P uptake in maize. Advances in Agriculture and Botanics, 3(1), 46-58.
- Zerihun, A., Sharma, J., Nigussie, D., and Fred, K. (2013). The effect of integrated organic and inorganic fertilizer rates on performances of soybean and maize component crops of a soybean/maize mixture at Bako, Western Ethiopia. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 8(29), 3921-3929.
Submitted Date : 26-01-2017
Accepted Date : 11-09-2017