Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Investigations on the Larvicidal Effect of Red Algal Seaweeds of Rameswaram Coast Against Tobacco Caterpillar Spodoptera Litura (Fab.)
First Online 07-10-2019|
- Argandona, V., Del Pozo, T., San-Martín, A. and Rovirosa, J. (2000). Insecticidal activity of Plocamium cartilagineum monoterpenes. Boletín de la Sociedad Chilena de Quimica. 45(3): 371-376.
- Cordeiro, R.A., V.M. Gomes A.F.U. Carvalho and V.M.M. Melo (2006). Effect of proteins from the red seaweed Hypnea musciformis (Wulfer) Lamouraux as the growth of human pathogen yeasts. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 49 (6): 915-921.
- Deepak, P., Sowmiya, R., Balasubramani, G. and Perumal, P. (2017). Phytochemical profiling of Turbinaria ornata and its antioxidant and anti-proliferative effects. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences. 12(4): 329-337.
- Gomez, K. A. and A. A. Gomez (1976). Statistical Procedure for Agricultural Research with Emphasis on Rice. International Rice Research Institute, Las Banos, Philippines, p. 294.
- Holden, D. and Ross, R. E. (2012). A commercial extract of the brown seaweed Ascophyllum nodosum suppresses Avocado thrips and persea mites in field-grown ‘Hass’ Avocados, a practical field perspective. In: World Congress on the Use of Biostimulants in Agriculture. 1009: 137-142.
- Indhumathi (2017). Evaluation of certain red algal seaweeds against Brinjal Epilachna beetle Epilachna vigintioctopunctata (Fabricius). MSc (Agri.) theses. pp. 124.
- Kannaiyan, S. (2000). Environmental impact of pesticides in agroecosystem. In: Environmental Impact of Pesticides in Agroecosystem- Assessment and Abatement. Santharam, G.R. Jayakumar, S. Kuttalam, S. Chandrasekaran and T. Manoharan (Eds.) pp. 3-9.
- Kannan, R. and Bharathkumar, R. (2016). Bio-efficacy of two sea weeds methanol extract on growth and development of Spodoptera litura Fabricius. Annals of Plant Protection Sciences. 24(1): 1-5.
- Kumar, I. N., Barot, M. and Kumar, R. (2014). Phytochemical analysis and antifungal activity of selected seaweeds from Okha coast, Gujarat, India. Journal Coastal Life Medicine. 2(7): 535-540.
- Madhiyazhagan, P., Murugan, K., Kumar, A. N., Nataraj, T., Subramaniam, J., Chandramohan, B., et al. (2017). One pot synthesis of silver nanocrystals using the seaweed Gracilaria edulis: biophysical characterization and potential against the filariasis vector Culex quinquefasciatus and the midge Chironomus circumdatus. Journal of Applied Phycology. 29(1): 649-659.
- Neelamathi, E. and Kannan, R. (2016). Screening and characterization of bioactive compounds of Turbinaria ornata from the gulf of Mannar, India. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Science. 16(2): 243-251.
- Rajesh, S., Asha, A., Kombiah, P. and Sahayaraj, K. (2011). Biocidal activity of algal seaweed on insect pest and fungal plant pathogen. In Proceedings of the National seminar on Harmful/beneficial insects of agricultural importance with special reference to the nuisance pest Luprops tristis in rubber plantations held on 17-18 February, 2011 at St. Joseph’s College, Calicut, Kerala. pp. 86-91.
- Sabel, M.G. and Rana, D.K. (2016). Impact of global warming on insect behavior - A review .Agricultural Reviews. 37:81-84.
- Sahayaraj, K. and Jeeva, Y. M. (2012). Nymphicidal and ovipositional efficacy of seaweed Sargassum tenerrimum (J. Agardh) against Dysdercus cingulatus (Fab.) (Pyrrhocoridae). Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research. 72(1): 152-156.
- Suthar M.D. and Bharpoda T.M. (2016). Evaluation of botanicals against Callosobruchus chinensis Linnaeus in black gram under storage condition Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 50:167-171.
- Tripathi, K., Chauhan, S.K., Padmawati G. G., Prasad, T.V., Srinivasan, K. and Bhalla, S. (2015). Screening of cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.] accessions against pulse- beetle, Callosobruchus chinensis (L.). Legume Research. 38 (5): 675-680.
- Yu, K. X., C. Wong, R. Ahmad and I. Jantan (2015). Larvicidal activity, inhibition effect on development, histopathological alteration and morphological aberration induced by seaweed extracts in Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae). Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 8(12): 1006–1012.
- Zakaria, N.A., Ibrahim D., Shaida S. F. and Supardy N. A. (2011). Phytochemical composition and antibacterial potential of Hexane extract from Malaysian Red Algae, Acanthophora spicifera (Vahl) Borgesen. World Applied Sciences Journal. 15(4): 496-501.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.