FOLIAR APPLICATION OF NUTRIENTS ENHANCES THE YIELD ATTRIBUTES AND NUTRIENT UPTAKE OF GREENGRAM
Citation :- FOLIAR APPLICATION OF NUTRIENTS ENHANCES THE YIELD ATTRIBUTES AND NUTRIENT UPTAKE OF GREENGRAM.Agricultural Science Digest.2011.(31):202 - 205
A field experiment was conducted at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University farm during summer season in 2005 to evaluate the effect of foliar application of nutrients on the yield and nutrient uptake of greengram. Foliar spray of nutrients (urea, DAP and sodium molybdate) and growth regulator (Salicylic acid) were sprayed as individual and in combination at vegetative and flowering stages. Combined application of 2%DAP+100 ppm salicylic acid+0.05% sodium molybdate increased the yield attributes [fertility coefficient 35.99%, partitioning coefficient (49.18%) per plant and grain yield 928kg, haulm yield 1230kg per ha] followed by 2%urea+100ppm salicylic acid+0.05 sodium molybdate treatment. Similar trend was observed in nutrient uptake (N, P and K) also.
- Anonymous (2005) Crop production guide, TNAU, Coimbatore.
- Anonymous (2006) Directorate of Pulses Development, Tamil Nadu.
- Anonymous (2008-09) Economic Survey of India.
- Gomathi, (1996) Chemical manipulation on yield improvement in greengram (Vigna radiata (L) Wilczek). M.Sc (Ag). Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Krishnamoorthy, J.V. Rao; Sathyanarayana, G.V. Hanumantha Rao and Rajendra Prasad B. (1987) Effect of pyrites and organic matter on the solubilization of P in blackgram. Andhra Agric. J., 14 (1): 109-111.
- Latha, M.R. and Nadanassababady T. (2003) Foliar nutrition in crops. Agric.Rev., 24 (3): 229-234.
- Pawar, S.E. and Bhatia C.R. (1980) The basis for grain yield differences in mungbean cultivars and identification of yield limiting factors. Theor. Appl.Genet., 57 : 171-175.
- Rangasamy, R. (1995) Text Book of Agricultural Statistics, New Age International Pvt Ltd.
- Season and Crop Report of Tamil Nadu (2003-2004). Department of Economics and Statistics. Chennai-6.
- Upadhyay, V. B., Koshta L.D., Bisen C.R. and Sachidanand B. (1992) Studies on response of arhar (Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp) to foliar spray of DAP and under rainfed condition. JNKVV Res. J., 26 (1): 60-61.
- Upadhyay, R.G., Singh B.B. and Yadav D.N. (1993) Effect of bioregulators on biochemical constraints and yield of chickpea (Cicer arietinum). Indian J. Plant Physiol., 36 (3): 195-196.
- Weaver, R.J. and Johanson. (1985) Relation of hormones to nutrient mobilization and internal environment of the plant, the supply of mineral nutrients and photosynthates. In: Encyclopedia of Plant Physiology 11 : 3-36.