Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Growth Indices of Kimiya Cultivar of Lentil in Response to Drought Stress at Flowering and Pod Filling Stages under Greenhouse Conditions
First Online 11-01-2020|
- Amiri, S.R., Parsa, M., Bannayan, M., Nassiri Mahallati, M. and Deihimfard, R., (2015). Effect of irrigation and nitrogen fertilizer levels on yield and yield components of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under Mashhad climatic conditions. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research, 6(1): 66-77. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Amiri Deh Ahmadi, S.R., Parsa, M. and Gangeali, A., (2010a). The effects of drought stress at different phenological stages on morphological traits and yield component of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in greenhouse conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research, 8(1):157–166. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Amiri deh ahmadi, S. R., Parsa, M., Nezami, A., and Gangeali, A., (2010b). The effects of drought stress at different phe nological stages on growth indices of chickpea (cicer arietinum L.) in greenhouse conditions. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research, 1(2): 69-84. (In Persian with En glish abstract).
- Anyia, A.O., Herzog, H., (2004). Water-use efficiency, leaf area and leaf gas exchange of cowpeas under mid-season drought. European Journal of Agronomy, 20: 327–339.
- Darzi-Naftchali, A., Ritzema, H., Karandish, F., Mokhtassi-Bidgoli, A. and Ghasemi-Nasr, M., (2017). Alternate wetting and drying for different subsurface drainage systems to im prove paddy yield and water productivity in Iran. Agri cultural Water Management, 193: 221-231.
- Farooq, M., Gogoi, N., Barthakur, S., Baroowa, B., Bharadwaj, N., Alghamdi, S. S. and Siddique, K. H. M., (2016). Drought Stress in Grain Legumes during Reproduction and Grain Filling. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 203:81–102.
- Fathi, A. R., Javaheri, M. A. and Zinaldini, A., (2011). The effects of plant density and irrigation periods on growth idices of safflower. Agronomy Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi), 92, 46- 52. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Gangali, A. and Nezami, A., (2008). Ecophysiology and determinatives yield of pulses in pulses. JDM Press. Iran. pp. 500. (In Persian).
- Ghanem, M.E., Marrou, H., Biradar, C. and Sinclair, T.R., (2015). Production potential of lentil (Lens culinaris medik.) in East Africa. Agricultural Systems,137: 24–38.
- Ghanbari, A., Mousavi, S.A., Keshavarz, S. and Abbasian, A., (2014). Assessment of Variation in Physiological Growth Indices in Common Bean Genotypes Under Water Deficit Condi tion. Seed and Plant Production, 30 (2): 199-222. (In Per sian with English Summary).
- Goldani, M. and Rezvani, P., (2007). The effects of different irriga tion regimes and planting dates on phenology and growth indices of tree chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) cultivars in Mashhad. Journal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resource, 14: 229-242. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Karimi, M., Esfahani, M., Bigluei, M. H., Rabiee, B. and Kafi, G., (2009). Effect of deficit irrigation treatments on morpho logical traits and growth indices of corn forage in the Rasht climate. Journal of Crop Production, 2(2): 91-110. (In Per sian with English Summary).
- Karimi, M.M. and Siddique, H.M., (1991). Crop growth and relative growth rates of old modern wheat cultivars. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 42: 783-788.
- Karimzadeh, H., Nezami, A., Kafi, M., Tadayon, M. R., (2017). Ef fect of deficit irrigation on yield and yield component of pinto bean genotypes in Shahrekord. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research, 8(1): 113-126.
- Kashiwagi, J., Krishnamurthy, L., Crouch, J.H. and Serraj, R., (2006). Variability of root length density and its contributions to seed yield in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under terminal drought stress. Field Crops Research, 95:171-181.
- Kumar, J., Kant, R., Kumar, S., Basu, P.S., Sarker, A. and Singh, N.P., (2016). Heat tolerance in lentil under field condit ions. Legume Genomics Genetics, 7(1): 1-11.
- Mwale, S.S., Azam-Ali, S.N. and Massawe, F.J., (2007). Growth and development of bambara groundnut (Vigna subterranea) in response to soil moisture1. Dry matter and yield. European Journal of Agronomy, 26: 345–353.
- Nezami, A., Bagheri, A., Porsa, H., Zafaraneih, M. and Khamadi, N., (2011). Evaluation of cold tolerant lentil genotypes (Lens culinaris Medik.) in fall planting under supplemen tary irrigation. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research, 2(1): 49-58. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Niari Khamssi, N., Rahimzadeh Khoei, F., Naishabori, M. R., Javanshir. And Moghaddam Vahed, M., (2007). Effect of different soil moisture levels on growth indices, yield and yield components of lentil (Lens Culinaris Medik). Jour nal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resource, 13: 1- 10. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Oweis, T., Hachum, A. and Pala, M., (2005). Lentil production un der supplemental irrigation in a Mediterranean environ ment. Agricultural Water Management, 68: 251-265.
- Parsa, M., Ganjeali, A., Rezaeyanzadeh, E. and Nezami, A., (2012). Effects of supplemental irrigation on yield and growth in dices of three chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinum L.). Ira nian Journal of Crop Science, 9:1–14. (In Persian with English Summary.)
- Prasad, P.V.V., Staggenborg, S.A. and Ristic, Z., (2008). Impacts of drought and/or heat stress on physiological, develop mental, growth, and yield processes of crop plants. pp. 301-355. In: Segoe, S. (ed.). Response of Crops to Limited Water: Understanding and Modeling Water Stress Effects on Plant Growth Processes. ASA, CSSA, SSSA, Madison, USA.
- Purushottam, Gupta, S.K., Saren, B.K., Bharti Sodi. and Rajwade, O.P., (2018). Growth and yield of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) as influenced by irrigation scheduling and zinc Application. International Journal of Chemical Studies, 6(1): 1130- 1133.
- Rezaeyanzadeh, E., (2008). The effects of supplemental irrigation on yield and yield component and growth index in three chickpea cultivar (Cicer arietinum L.). M.Sc. thesis. Uni versity of Mashhad, Iran. (In Persian with English Sum mary).
- SAS, (2003). SAS Version 9. 1.2 © 2002-2003. SAS Institute, Inc, Cary, NC.
- Shabiri, S., Ghasemigolazani, K., Golchin, A. and Saba, J., (2007). Effect of limit water on growth and yield three chickpea cultivars in Zanjan. Journal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resource, 14: 34-47. (In Persian with English Summary).
- Shrestha, R., N. C. Turner, K. H. M. Siddique, D. W. Turner, and J. Speijers., (2006). A water deficit during pod development in lentils reduces flower and pod numbers but not seed size. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 57: 427– 438.
- Singh, S.P., (1997). Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Field Crop Re search, 53: 161-170.
- Xu, Z. and Zhou, G. (2008). Responses of leaf stomatal density to water status and its relationship with photosynthesis in a grass. Journal of Experimental Botany, 59: 3317-3325.
- Zyaie, S.M., Nezami, A., Valizadeh, J. and Jafari, M., (2012). Evalu ation of possible autumn planting of lentil in Saravan condition. Agronomy Journal (Pajouhesh and Sazandegi), 104: 55-62. (In Persian with English Summary).
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.