- Adiku, S.G., Ozier-Lafontaine, H. and Bajazet, T. (2001). Patterns of root growth and water uptake of a maize-cowpea mixture grown under greenhouse conditions. Plant and Soil. 235: 85-94.
- Benjamin, J.G. and Nielsen, D.C. (2006). Water deficit effects on root distribution of soybean, field pea and chickpea. Field Crops Research. 97: 248-253.
- Ehdaie, B., Layne, A.P. and Waines, J.G. (2012). Root system plasticity to drought influences grain yield in bread wheat. Euphytica. 186: 219-232.
- Fageria, N.K. (2005). Influence of dry matter and length of roots on growth of five field crops at varying soil zinc and copper levels. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 27: 1517-1523.
- Graham, P.H. and Vance, C.P. (2003). Legumes: importance and constraints to greater use. Plant Physiology. 131: 872-877.
- Gan, Y., Liu, L., Cutforth, H., Wang, X. and Ford, G. (2011). Vertical distribution profiles and temporal growth patterns of roots in selected oilseeds, pulses and spring wheat. Crop and Pasture Science. 62: 457-466.
- Gao, Y., Duan, A., Qiu, X., Liu, Z., Sun, J., Zhang, J. and Wang, H. (2010). Distribution of roots and root length density in a maize/ soybean strip intercropping system. Agricultural Water Management. 98: 199-212.
- Izumi, Y., Uchida, K. and Iijima, M. (2004). Crop production in successive wheat-soybean rotation with no-tillage practice in relation to the root system development. Plant Production Science. 7: 329-336.
- Itefa, D. (2016). General characteristics and genetic improvement status of mungbean (Vigna radiata L.) in Ethiopia: Review article. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research. 5: 2319-1473.
- Kashiwagi, J., Krishnamurthy, L., Crouch, J.H. and Serraj, R. (2006). Variability of root length density and its contributions to seed yield in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under terminal drought stress. Field Crops Research. 95: 171-181.
- Kanbar, A., Toorchi, M. and Shashidhar, H. (2009). Relationship between root and yield morphological characters in rainfed low land rice (Oryza sativa L.). Cereal Research Communications. 37: 261-268.
- Khurana, M.P.S. and Jhanji, S. (2014). Influence of cadmium on dry matter yield, micronutrient content and its uptake in some crops. Journal of Environmental Biology. 35: 865-870.
- Khan, M.R., Mohidin, F. A., Khan, U. and Ahamad, F. (2016). Native Pseudomonas spp. suppressed the root-knot nematode in in vitro and in vivo and promoted the nodulation and grain yield in the field grown mungbean. Biological Control. 101: 159-168.
- Makeen, K., Abrahim, G., Jan, A. and Singh, A.K. (2007). Genetic variability and correlations studies on yield and its components in mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) wilezek]. Journal of Agronomy. 6: 216-218.
- Muthu, M.C., Sushree, A. and Srivastava, R. (2018). Influence of production factors on seed quality parameters of green gram (Vignaradiata) CV. KKM-3. Legume Research. 41: 891-894.
- Mahmoud, M.A., Mart, D. and Can, C. (2019). Phenotypic characterization of indigenous rhizobia nodulating chickpea in Turkey reveals high diversity. Legume Research. 42: 379-384.
- Patil, A.B., Desai, N.C., Mule, P.N. and Khandelwal, V. (2011). Combining ability for yield and component characters in mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek.]. Legume Research. 34: 190-195.
- Tabasum, A., Saleem, M. and Aziz, I. (2010). Genetic variability, trait association and path analysis of yield and yield components in mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 42: 3915-3924.
- Vance, C.P., Graham, P.H. and Allan, D.L. (2000). Biological nitrogen fixation. Phosphorus: a critical future need. In: Nitrogen Fixation: From Molecules to Crop Productivity. (Pedrosa FO, Hungria M, Yates MG, Newton WE (eds). Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands. pp. 506-514.
Submitted Date : 27-02-2019
Accepted Date : 23-08-2019