Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Evaluation of the fermentation properties of different soybean (Glycine max L.) cultivars
First Online 04-10-2019|
- Anson, M.L. (1938). The estimation of pepsin, trypsin, papain, and cathepsin with hemoglulobin. J Gen Physiol. 22: 79-89.
- Bang, B.H., Jeong, E.J., Rhee, M.S., Kim, Y.M. and Yi, D.H. (2011). Isolation of Bacillus subtilis GS-2 producing-PGA from Cheonggukjang bean paste and identification of ã-PGA. J Appl Biol Chem. 54: 1-6.
- Cao, Z.H., Green-Johnson, J.M., Buckley, N.D. and Lin, Q.Y. (2019). Bioactivity of soy-based fermented foods: A review. Biotechnol Adv. 37: 223-238.
- Chukeatirote, E. (2015). Thua nao: Thai fermented soybean. J Ethn Foods. 2: 115-118.
- Eom, S.M., Jung, B.Y. and Oh, H.I. (2009). Changes in chemical components of Cheonggukjang prepared with germinated soybeans during fermentation. J Appl Biol Chem. 52: 133-141.
- Fabricio, O.S., Thamires, G.M., Thais, J., Beatriz, S.F., Carlos, A.J., Mariana, M. and Daniel, P. (2018). Soybean meal and fermented soybean meal as functional ingredients for the production of low-carb, high-protein, high-fiber and high isoflavones biscuits. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 90: 224-231.
- Gholamhoseini, M., Ebrahimian, E., Habibzadeh, F., Ataei, R. and Dezfulizadeh, M.S. (2018). Interactions of shading conditions and irrigation regimes on photosynthetic traits and seed yield of soybean (Glycine max L.). Legume Res. 41: 230-238.
- Ghosh, K., Kang, H.S., Hyun, W.B. and Kim, K.P. (2018). High prevalence of Bacillus subtilis-infecting bacteriophages in soybean- based fermented foods and its detrimental effects on the process and quality of Cheonggukjang. Food Microbiol. 76: 196-203.
- Gibbs, B.F., Zougman, A., Masse, R., and Mulligan, C. (2004). Production and characterization of bioactive peptides from soy hydrolysate and soy fermented foods. Food Res Int. 37: 123-131.
- Gil, N.Y., Song, J., Eom, J.S., Park, S.Y. Choi. H.S. (2016). Changes of physicochemical properties of Cheonggukjang prepared with various soybean cultivars and Bacillus subtilis HJ18-9. Korean J Food Preserv. 23: 811-818.
- Jung, H.K., Jeong, Y.S., Youn, K.S., Kim, D.I. and Hong, J.H. (2009). Quality characteristics of soybean paste (Doenjang) prepared with Bacillus subtilis DH3 expressing high protease levels, and deep-sea water. Korean J Food Preserv. 16: 348-354.
- Jain, R.K., Joshi, A.J., Chaudhary, H.R., Dashora, A. and Khatik, C.L. (2018). Study on genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]. Legume Res. 41: 532-536.
- Katekan, D., Arunee, A., Ekachai, C. and Richard, A. F. (2011). Free-amino acid profiles of thua nao, a Thai fermented soybean. Food Chem. 125: 342-347.
- Lee, S.Y., Seo, B.Y., Eom, J.S. and Choi, H.S. (2017). Quality characteristics of fermented soybean products produced by lactic acid bacteria isolated from traditional soybean paste. Korean Soc Food Preserv. 24: 187-195.
- Lee, J.H., Ham, H.M., Kim, M.Y., Ko, J.Y., Sim, E.Y., Kim, H.J., Lee, C.K., Jeon, Y.H., Jeong, H.S. and Woo, K.S. (2018). Phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity of adzuki bean cutivars. Legume Res. 41: 1-8.
- Luo, Y., Li, J., Xu, C., Hao, Z., Jin, X. and Wang, Q. (2014). Impact of processing on in vitro bioavailability of phenols and flavonodis and antioxidant activities in faba bean (Vicia faba L.) Andazuki bean (Vigna angularis L.). Legume Res. 37: 492-499.
- Marseglia, A., Palla, G. and Caligiani, A. (2014). Presence and variation of ã-aminobutyric acid and other free amino acids in cocoa beans from different geographical origins. Food Res Int. 63: 360-366.
- Naoko, I., Mami, M. and Michiko, A. (2018). Surfing as a risk factor for sensitization to poly(ã-glutamic acid) in fermented soybeans, natto, allergy. Allergol Int. 67: 341-346.
- Park, M.K., Choi, H.S., Kim, Y.S. and Cho, I.H. (2017). Change in profiles of volatile compounds from two types of Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang during fermentation. Food Sci Biotechnol. 26: 871-882.
- Sasithorn, S., Bhagavathi. S.S., Periyanaina, K., Sartjin, P. and Chaiyavat, C. (2017). Lactic acid bacteria mediated fermented soybean as a potent nutraceutical candidate. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 7: 930-936.
- Shekar, G.C. and Pushpendra. (2017). Induced mutations in soybean (Glycine max L.). Legume Res. 40: 1012-1019.
- Sunantha, K. and Yukiharu, O. (2019). Evaluation of protein digestibility of fermented soybeans and changes in biochemical characteristics of digested fractions. J Funct Foods. 52: 640-647.
- Yoo, S.M. and Chang, C.M. (1999). Study on the processing adaptability of soybean cultivars for Korean traditional Chonggugjang preparation. J Kor Soc Agri Chem Biotechnol. 42: 91-98.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.