Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Weed Management through Imidazolinones in Pigeon Pea (Cajanus cajan L.)
First Online 12-06-2021|
Methods: To control weeds in pigeon pea, pre and post-emergence of imidazolinones alone and in combination with pendimethalin was applied. Nutrient content, nutrient uptake, productivity and economics of pigeon pea were worked out.
Conclusion: Among herbicidal treatments, the highest nutrient content, nutrient uptake, productivity, net returns and benefit cost ratio in pigeon pea were observed in the pre-emergence application of pendimethalin + imazethapyr @ 1000 + 75 g ha-1. Therefore, this treatment may be an effective and profitable alternative to the existing manual and costlier recommendation (two hoeing at 25 and 45 DAS) of weed control in pigeon pea in Haryana locality.
- Anonymous (2020). Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India. (ON2271) and Past Issues. https://www.indiastat.com/table/agriculture-data/2/arhar-tur/19566/1229701/data.aspx.
- Beffa, R., Menne, H., and Köcher, H. (2019). Herbicide resistance action committee (HRAC): herbicide classification, resistance evolution, survey and resistance mitigation activities. Modern Crop Protection Compounds. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH and Co. KGaA, 5-32.
- Beura, B. and Reddy, M.D. (2003). Weed control and nitrogen levels on performance of wet seeded rice. Short communication. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 35: 123-124.
- Bremner, J.M. and Shaw, K. (1955). Determination of ammonia and nitrate in soil. The Journal of Agricultural Science. 46: 320-28.
- Channappagoudar, B.B. and Biradar N.R. (2007). Physiological approaches for weed management in soybean and red gram intercropping system. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Science. 20(2): 241-244.
- Chaturvedi, S.K. and Ali, M. (2002). “Poor man’s meat” needs fresh fillip; The Hindu Survey of Indian Agriculture, pp. 63-69.
- Dhaker, S.C., Mundra, S.L., Dhaker, R.C. and Sumeriya, H.K. (2015). Effect of weed management and sulphur on nutrient content and uptake by weeds and soybean. Legume Research: An International Journal. 38(3): 411-414.
- Gupta, V., Sasode, D.S., Kansana, B.S., Arora, A., Dixit, J.P. and Joshi, E. (2017). Weed management with pre and post-emergence herbicides in black gram. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 49(3): 256-259.
- Kaur, R., Raj, R., Das, T.K., Shekhawat, K., Singh, R. and Choudhary, A.K. (2015). Weed management in pigeon pea-based cropping systems. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 47(3): 267-276.
- Koenig, R.A. and Johnson, C.R. (1942). Colorimetric determination of P in biological materials. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Analytical Edition. 14: 155-56.
- Kumar, S., Bhatto, M.S., Punia, S.S. and Punia, R. (2015). Bioefficacy of herbicides in blackgram and their residual effect on succeeding mustard. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 47(2): 211-213.
- Mishra, O.R., Gautam, V.S., Dinesh, E., Rajput, A.M. and Patidar, G.L. (2001). Integrated weed management and its economics in soybean. Crop Research. 21(1): 115-119.
- Reddy, A. (2010). Regional disparities in food habits and nutritional intake in Andhra Pradesh, India. Regional Disparities in Food Habits and Nutritional Intake in Andhra Pradesh, India (May 19, 2010). Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies. 10(2): 125-134.
- Sable, P.A., Kurbar, A.R. and Hugar, A. (2013). Effect of weed management practices on weed control and nutrient uptake in onion (Allium cepa L.). The Asian Journal of Horticulture. 8: 444-447.
- Sanjay, M.T., Shetty, T.K.P. and Nanjappa, H.V. (2006). Enhancing productivity of rice under different crop establishment methods through weed management practices. Crop Research. 31(2): 192- 197.
- Talnikar, A.S., Kadam, G.L., Karande, D.R. and Jogdand, P.B. (2008). Integrated weed management in pigeon pea [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp.]. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 4(1): 363-370.
- Vencill, W.K. (2002). Herbicide Handbook (No. Ed. 8). Weed Science Society of America, pp. 256-258.
- Zagatto, E.A.G., Krug, F.J., Jørgensen, S.S., and Reis, B.F. (1979). Merging zones in flow injection analysis: Part 2. Determination of calcium, magnesium and potassium in plant material by continuous flow injection atomic absorption and flame emission spectrometry. Analytica Chimica Acta. 104(2): 279-284.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.