Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Integrated Nutrient Management Studies for Higher Productivity of French Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in Calcareous Soil of Bihar, India
First Online 09-03-2021|
Methods: The study was conducted during 2017-18 and 2018-19 on French bean (var. Arka Suvidha) with eight treatments viz T1 (100% NPK through inorganic source), T2 (75% NPK through inorganic + 25% N through FYM), T3 (75% NPK through inorganic + 25% N through Vermicompost), T4 (50% NPK through inorganic + 50% N through FYM), T5 (50% NPK through inorganic + 50% N through Vermicompost), T6 (25% NPK through inorganic + 75% N through FYM), T7 (25% NPK through inorganic + 75% N through Vermicompost), besides an absolute control i.e., T8 (no organic, inorganic applied). The benefit cost ratio was also calculated for comparison of the practical feasibility of various treatment level. The experiment was laid out in randomized block design with three replications.
Result: The experimental data on growth and yield attributes were analyzed using analysis of variance technique. The treatment level III i.e. 75% NPK through inorganic + 25% N through Vermicompost) exhibited the highest yield (95.61 q /ha.) and benefit-cost ratio (2.16).
- Anonymous (2017). UN FAO Annual Report, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United States, Rome, Italy.
- Anonymous (2020). Indian Horticulture Database, National Horticulture Board, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Anonymous (2021). Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, New Delhi, India.
- Barcchiya, J. and Kushwah, S.S. (2017). Influence of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield parameters and yield in French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Legume Research -An International Journal. 40: 920-923.
- Bhathal, S. and Kumar, R. (2016). Response of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield and yield attributing characters of Cluster bean [Cyamopsis tetragonolaba (L.)], International Journal in Management and Soil Science. 4: 42-47.
- Chauhan, H.S., Joshi, S.C. and Rana, D.K. (2010). Response of vermicompost on growth and yield of Pea. Nature and Science. 8: 18-21.
- Das, B., Wagh, A.P., Dod, V.N., Nagre, P.K. and Bawkar, S.O. (2011). Effect of integrated nutrient management on cowpea. The Asian Journal of Horticulture. 6: 402-405.
- Datt, N., Dubey, Y.P. and Chaudhary, R. (2013). Studies on impact of organic and integrated use of nutrients on symbiotic parameters, yield, quality of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L) vis-a vis soil properties of an acid alfisol. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 8: 2645-2654.
- Gopalakrishnan, T.R. (2007). Vegetable Crops. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (India).
- Jagdale, R.B., Khawale, V.S., Baviskar, P.K., Doshinge, B.B. and Kore, M.S. (2005). Effect of inorganic and organic nutrients on growth and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Soil and Crops. 15: 401-405.
- Kanwar, R., Mehta, D.K., Sharma, R. and Dogra, R.K. (2020). Studies on genetic diversity of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) landraces of Himachal Pradesh based on morphological traits and molecular markers. Legume Research-An International Journal. 43: 470-479.
- Kumar, V., Parihar, A.K.S., Kumar, S. and Chourasiya, A. (2014). Performance of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L) to integrated nutrient management (INM) in partially reclaimed sodic soil. The Bioscan. 9: 835-837.
- Lyngdoh, Y.A., Thapa, U., Shadap, A., Singh, J. and Tomar, B.S. (2018). Studies on genetic variability and character association for yield and yield related traits in french bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Legume Research-An International Journal. 41: 810-815.
- Manivannan, S., Batamurugan, M., Parthasarathi, K., Gunasekaran, G. and Ranganathan, L.S. (2009). Effect of vermicompost on soil fertility and crop productivity- beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). Journal of Environmental Biology. 30: 275-281.
- Metkari, P.M. and Dhok, S.P., (2011). Effect of organic and inorganic fertilization on soil fertility and productivity of French bean in vertisol. Asian Journal of Soil Science. 6: 80-84.
- Mohanty, S., Sahu, G.S., Dash, S.K., Pradhan, S.R., Mangaraj S. and Nahak, S. (2017). Integrated Nutrient Management for Seed Production in French bean [Phaseolus vulgaris (L.)] International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 6: 3295-3303.
- Mongi, R., Pangirayi, T., Hussein, S. and Julia, S. (2016). Appraisal of common bean farming systems under angular leaf spot disease prone environments of the southern highlands of Tanzania. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 50: 428-433.
- Nawalgatti, C.M., Ashwini, G.M., Doddamani, M.B., Chetti, M.B. and Hiremath, S.M. (2009). Influence of organics, nutrients and plant growth regulators on growth, yield and yield components in French bean. International Journal of Plant Sciences. 4: 367-372.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatame, P.V. (1984). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. Fourth edition. ICAR Publication, New Delhi, India.
- Patel, R.I., Saras, P.K., Patel, C.K., Patel, N.V. and Rabari, K.V. (2017). Effect of integrated crop management practices on Growth and yield of rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology. 6: 2437-2444.
- Ramana, V., Ramakrishna, M., Purushotham, K. and Reddy, K.B. (2010). Effect of biofertilizers on growth, yield attributes and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Legume Research. 33:178-183.
- Sachan, H.K. and Krishna, D. (2020). Effect of Organic and Inorganic Fertilization on Growth and Yield of French Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in Fiji. Legume Research-An International Journal. LR-4376, DOI: 10.18805/LR-4376.
- Sen, S., Mondal, C.K., Mandal, A.R. and Paria, N.C. (2006). Effect of Rhizobium culture and different levels of nitrogen on growth, yield and nodulation of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L). The Horticulture Journal. 19: 268-272.
- Sharma, S.K., Prajapati, S. and Raghuwanshi, O. (2015). Effect of organic manures and inorganic fertilizers on yield and economics of cowpea production (Vigna unguiculata L.), Indian Research Journal of Genetics and Biotechnology. 7(1): 152-155.
- Shubhashree, K.S., Alagundagi, S.C., Hiremath, S.M., Chittapur, B.M., Hebsur, N.S. and Patil, B.C. (2011). Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium levels on groth, yield and economics of Rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris). Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 24: 283-285.
- Verma, H.P., Chovatia, P.K., Sharma, S. and Shivan, A.C. (2015). Growth and yield of cowpea as influenced by nitrogen and phosphorus levels on medium black soils of Gujarat. Annals of Agricultural Research New series. 36: 400-404.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.