- Abdul-Baki, A.A. and Anderson, J.D. (1973). Vigour determination in soybean by multiple criteria. Crop Science. 13(6): 630-633.
- Akasha, A., Ashraf, M., Shereen, A., Mahboob, W. and Faisal, S. (2019). Heat tolerance screening studies and evaluating salicylic acid efficacy against high temperature in rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Physiology. 7: 235. doi: 10.35248/2329-9029.19.7.235.
- Ashagre, H., Hamza, I.A., Fasika, E. and Temesgen, F. (2013). Effect of salinity stress on germination and seedling vigour of chickpea genotypes. Academia Journal of Agricultural Research. 1(9): 161-166.
- Ashraf, M. and Harris P.J. (2005). Abiotic stresses: Plant resistance through breeding and molecular approaches. Food Products Press, 2005.
- Bidgoly, R.O., Balouchi, H., Soltani, E. and Moradi, A. (2018). Effect of temperature and water potential on (Carthamus tinctorius L.) seed germination: Quantification of the cardinal temperatures and modeling using hydrothermal time. Industrial Crops and Products. 113: 121-127.
- Bina, F. and Bostani, A. (2017). Effect of Salinity (NaCl) stress on germination and early seedling growth of three medicinal plant species. Advancements in Life Sciences. 4(3): 77-83.
- Bouslama, M. and Schapaugh, W.T. (1984). Stress tolerance in soybean. Part. 1: Evaluation of three screening techniques for heat and drought tolerance. Crop Science. 24: 933-937.
- Bybordi, A. and Tabatabaei, J. (2009). Effect of salinity stress on germination and seedling properties in canola cultivars (Brassica napus L.). Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca. 37: 71-76.
- Huang, J. and Redmann, R.E. (1995). Salt tolerance of Hordeum and Brassica species during germination and early seedling growth. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 75: 815-819.
- Kandil, A.A., Shareif, A.E. and Gad, M.A. (2017). Effect of salinity on germination and seeding parameters of forage cowpea seed. Research Journal of Seed Science. 10(1): 17-26.
- Kumawat, K.R., Gothwal, D.K., Kumawat, S., Kumawat, R. and Choudhary, M. (2017). Effect of salinity stress on germination and seedling characters of lentil (Lens culinaris M.) genotypes. Research Journal of Chemical and Environmental Sciences. 5(5): 34-39.
- Mohammadi, R., Armion, M., Kahrizi, D. and Amri, A. (2010). Efficiency of screening techniques for evaluating durum wheat genotypes under mild drought conditions. International Journal of Plant Production. 4: 11-24.
- Naim, A.H. and Ahmed, F.E. (2015). Interactive effect of temperature and water stress induced by polyethylene glycol (PEG) on germination and recovery of two chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) cultivars. Open Access Library Journal. 2: e2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/oalib.1102005
- Panse V.G. and Sukhatme P.V. (1989). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Piramila, H.M.B., Prabha, L.A., Nandagopalan, V. and Leo, A.S. (2012). Effect of heat treatment on germination, seedling growth and some biochemical parameters of dry seeds of black gram. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research. 1(4): 194-202.
- Rosielle, A.A. and Hamblin, J. (1981). Theoretical aspects of selection for yield in stress and non-stress environments. Crop Science. 21: 943-946.
- Ruan, S., Xue, X. and Tylkowska, K. (2002). The influence of priming on germination of rice (Oryza sativa L.) seeds and seedling emergence and performance in flooded soil. Seed Science and Technology. 30: 61-67.
- Shanko, D., Jateni, G. and Debela, A. (2017). Effects of salinity on chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) landraces during germination stage. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 3(2): 10. DOI: 10.21767/2471-8084.100037
- Singh, D., Singh, C.K., Kumari, S., Singh Tomar, R.S., Karwa, S., Singh, R., Singh, R.B., Sarkar, S.K. and Pal, M. (2017). Discerning morpho-anatomical, physiological and molecular multiformity in cultivated and wild genotypes of lentil with reconciliation to salinity stress. PLoS One. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177465.
- Singh, S., Sengar, R.S., Kulshreshtha, N., Datta, D., Tomar, R.S., Rao, V.P., Garg, D. and Ojha, A. (2015). Assessment of multiple tolerance indices for salinity stress in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Journal of Agricultural Science. 7(3): 49-57.
Submitted Date : 6-04-2020
Accepted Date : 26-09-2020