Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of Organic and Inorganic Fertilization on Growth and Yield of French Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in Fiji
First Online 28-09-2020|
Methods: This research was conducted during April to September 2018 in a Randomized Block Design with three replications and seven treatments of organic and inorganic fertilizers. Observations on growth parameters and yield attributes were recorded and analyzed using analysis of variance technique.
Result: Organic and inorganic fertilizers combinations significantly increase the growth and green pod yield of French bean. The applications of nutrient in combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers were found more effective than inorganic fertilizers or organic manure alone for growth and yield of French bean. The combination of 100% NPK (200 kg ha-1) along with Poultry manure @ 5 t ha-1 was found most effective for enhancing growth and yield. It was recorded that on the basis of yield and growth performance treatment 100% NPK along with PM @ 5 t ha-1 was superior.
- Band, A.M., Mendhe, S.N., Kolte, H.S., Choudhary, R.L., Verma, R. and Sharma, S.K. (2007). Nutrient management studies in French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Soils and Crops. 17(2): 367-372. Retrieved from https://www. cabdirect.org/cabdirect/ab stract/20083005363 Câmara,
- Choudhari, C.S., S.N. Mendhe, W.S. Pawar, A.S. Angole, R.R. Nikam. (2001). Nutrient management in French bean J. Soils and Crops. 11(1): 137-139.
- Datt, N., Dubey, Y.P. and Chaudhary, R. (2013). Studies on impact of organic, inorganic and integrated use of nutrients on symbiotic parameters, yield, quality of French-bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) vis-à-vis soil properties of an acid Alfisol. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 8(22): 2645-2654. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals. org/article/article1380881968_Datt%2520et%2520al.pdf
- Duaja, M.D. (2015). Analisis pertumbuhan dan hasil dua varietas buncis (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) pada perbedaan jenis pupuk organik cair [The analysis of growth and yield of two beans varieties (Phaseolus Vulgaris L.) at different types of organic liquid fertilizer material]. Bioplantae. 2(1): 47-54. Retrieved from https://online-journal.unja.ac.id/index. php/bioplante/article/view/1979.
- Ghosh, C., Biswas, P. and Dhangrah, V.K. (2014). Effect of organic and inorganic sources of Nitrogen on growth and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Vegetos. 27(1): 23-25.http://doi.org/10.5958/j.2229- 4473.27.1.005.
- Gomez, A. K. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. Second Edition. John Wiley and Sons, New York, U.S.A.
- Kumar, R.P., O.N. Singh, Yogeshwar Singh, J.P. Singh. (2009). Effect of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and economics of French bean. Indian. J. of Agric. Sci. Vol. 79 No. 211. 122-128.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P., Kumar, R., Kumari, A. and Kumar, P. (2012). Response of intercropping and integrated nutrition management on production potential and profitability on rainfed pigeon pea. J. Agril. Sci. 4: 154-162.
- Purakayaotha, T.J. and R.K. Bhatnagar. (1997). Vermicompost a promising source of plant nutrients. Indian Fmg. 46 (1): 35-37.
- Ram Gopal, Singh, G. and Singh, G.R. (2005). Effect of moisture regimes and fertility levels on growth and yield of french bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) under late sown conditions. Farm Sci. J. 14(1): 32-35.
- Sathe B.A. (2007). Effect of different sources of nitrogen on growth yield and quality of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis VNMKV Parbahni.
- Sherawat, S. and Singh, O.P. (2009). Effect of nitrogen and potassium on growth and yield of Frenchbean and potato grown in intercropping system. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 5(1): 168-172. Retrieved from http://www. researchjournal. co.in/upload/assignments/5_168-172.pdf.
- Triwulaningrum, W. (2009). Pengaruh pemberian pupuk kandang sapi dan pupuk fosfor terhadap pertumbuhan dan hasil buncis tegak (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) [Effect of the application of cow manure and phosphorus (inorganic fertilizers) on the growth and yield upright beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)]. Jurnal Ilmiah Pertanian. 23(4): 154-162.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.