- Choi, C.J., Kanthasamy, A., Anantharam, V. and Kanthasamy, A.G. (2007). Interaction of metals with prion protein: Possible role of divalent cations in the pathogenesis of prion diseases. Neurotoxicology. 27: 777-787.
- Deshpande, H.W., Sompure, S.S., Ghatge, P.U., Machewadand, G.M. and Gadhe, K.S. (2011). Studies on development of instant whole legumes (Bengal gram). Beverage and Food World. 56: 23-26.
- Fidrianny, I., Puspitasari N. and Singh W.M. (2014). Antioxidant activities, total flavonoid, phenolic, carotenoid of various shells extracts from four species of legumes. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 7(4): 42-46.
- Gagan, R., Rani, S., Sushil and Deen, M.K. (2018). Biochemical assay to evaluate phytoconstituents and free radical scavenging activity of sunflower (Helianthus annus L.) The Pharma Innovation Journal. 7(3): 232-237.
- Gujral, H.S., Angurala, M., Sharma, P. and Singh, J. (2011). Phenolic content and antioxidant activity of germinated and cooked pulses. International Journal of Food Properties. 14: 1366-1374
- Iskender, A. and Ahmet, Y. (2009). Antioxidant activity and phenolic content of fresh and dry nuts with or without the seed coat. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. 22 :184-188.
- Kikuzaki, H., Nakatani, N. (1993). Antioxidant effects of some ginger constituents. Journal of Food Sciences. 58: 1407-1410.
- Kim, D. and Jeong, S. (2003). Antioxidant capacity of phenolic phytochemicals from various cultivars of plums. Food Chemistry. 81: 321-326.
- Kumar, V., Rani, A., Dixit, A.K., Pratap, D. and Bhatnagar, D. (2010). A comparative assessment of total phenolic content, ferric reducing-anti-oxidative power, free radical-scavenging activity, vitamin C and isoflavones content in soybean with varying coat colour. Food Research International. 43: 323–328.
- Ladjal Ettoumi, Y. and Chibane, M. (2015). Some physicochemical and functional properties of pea, chickpea and lentil whole flours. International Food Research Journal. 22(3): 987-996.
- Latha, S. and Daniel, M. (2001). Phenolic antioxidants of some common pulses. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 38: 272–273.
- Lee, J. H., Ham H., Kim, M.Y., Ko, J.Y., Sim E. Y., Kim, H.J., Lee, C.K., Jeon, Y. H., Jeong, H.S. and Woo, K.S. (2018) Phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity of adzuki bean cultivars. Legume Research-An International Journal. 41: 681-688.
- Luo, Y., Li, J., Xu, C., Hao Z., Jin X., and Wang Q. (2014) Impact of processing on in vitro bioavailability of phenols and flavonodis and antioxidant activities in faba bean (Vicia faba l.) and azuki bean (Vigna angularis l.). Legume Research-An International Journal. 37:492-499.
- Nehra, S., Singh, S. and Rani, S. (2018). Assessment of pod coats for the study of antioxidant prospective in cowpea, mungbean and moth bean. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 7(03): 3476-3483. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.703.399
- Nithiyanantham, S., Selvakumar, S. and Siddhuraju, P. (2012). Total phenolic content and antioxidant activity of two different solvent extracts from raw and processed legumes, Cicer arietinum L. and Pisum sativum L. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. 27(1): 52-60.
- Oboh, G. (2006). Anti-oxidant properties of some commonly consumed and under-utilized tropical legumes. European Journal of Food Research and Technology. 224: 61-65.
- Rani, S., Lamba, S. and Khabiruddin, M. (2018). Interactive study of phytochemicals and their antioxidant efficiencies in Mungbean (Vigna radiata L.). Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 7(1): 1739-1744.
- Rani, S., Poswa1, G., Yadav, R. and Deen, M.K. (2014). In-vitro antioxidant activity and total phenolic content in methanolic extracts of locally grown red lentil (Lens culinaris L.). American Journal of Pharm Tech Research. 4 (5): 128-137.
- Shahidi, F., Chavan, U.D., Naczk, M. and Amarowicz, R. (2001). Nutrient distribution and phenolic antioxidants in air-classified fractions of beach pea (Lathyrus maritimus L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 49: 926-933.
- Singh, B., Singh, J.P., Kaur, A. and Singh, N. (2017). Phenolic composition and antioxidant potential of grain legume seeds: A review. Food Research International. 101:1-16.
- Singh, U. and Khatkar, B.S. (2008). Processing of grain legumes for value addition. Indian Food Indus. 5: 44-49.
- Sreeramulu, D., Reddy, C.V.K. and Raghunath, M. (2009). Antioxidant activity of commonly consumed cereals, millets, pulses and legumes in India. Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics. 46:112-115.
- Tapiero, H, Tew, K.D., Ba, G.N. and Mathe, G. (2002). Polyphenols: Do they play a role in the prevention of human pathologies? Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapie. 56: 200–207.
- Velioglu, Y.S., Mazza, G., Gao, L. and Ooman, B.D. (1998). Antioxidant activity and total phenolics in selected fruits, vegetables and grain products. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 46: 4113– 4117.
- Wettasinghe, M. and Shahidi, F. (2000). Scavenging of reactive-oxygen species and DPPH free radicals by extracts of borage and evening primrose meals. Food Chemistry. 70:17-26.
Submitted Date : 19-08-2019
Accepted Date : 3-10-2019