- Akhtar, K.P., Shah, T.M., Atta, B.M., Dickison, M., Jamil, F.F., and Haq, M. A. (2008). Natural occurrence of phytoplasma associated with chickpea phyllody disease in Pakistan-a new record. Plant Pathology. 57: 771-773.
- Al-Saady, N.A., Al-Subhi, A.M., Al-Nabhani, A., Khan, A.J. (2006).First report of a group 16SrII phytoplasma infecting chickpea in Oman. Plant Disease. 90: 734.
- Anonimous, (2018). Pulses Revolution - From Food to Nutritional Security. Min. of Agri. & FW (DAC&FW), GOI. pp. 105.
- Doyle, J.J. and Doyle, J.L. (1987). A rapid DNA isolation procedure for small quantities of fresh leaf tissue. Phytochem Bulletin. 19:11-15.
- Ghanekar, A.M., Manohar, S.K., Reddy, S.V. and Nene, Y.L. (1988). Association of a mycoplasma-like organism with chickpea phyllody. Indian Phytopathology. 41: 462-464.
- Harrison, N.A., Womack, M. and Carpio, M.L. (2002). Detection and characterization of a lethal yellowing (16SrIV) group phytoplasma in Canary Island date palms affected by lethal decline in Texas. Plant Disease. 86: 676-681.
- Lee, I.M. and Davis, R.E. (1992). Mycoplasmas which infectplants and insects. In: Mycoplasmas: Molecular biology and pathogenesis. [J. Manil off, R. N. McElhaney, L. R. Finch, & J. B. Baseman (Eds.)], Washington, DC: American Society for Microbiology. pp. 379-390.
- Lee, I.M., Gundersen-Rindal, D.E., Davis, R.E., Botter, K.D. and Seemuller, E. (2004). Candidatus phytoplasma asteries, a novel phytoplasma taxon associated with aster yellows and related diseases. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 54: 1037-1048.
- Marcone, C., Lee, I.M., Davis, R.E., Ragozzino, A. and Seemuller, E. (2000). Classification of aster yellows-group phytoplasmas based on combined analysis of rRNA and tuf gene sequences. International Journal of Systematic and Environmental Microbiology. 50: 1703-1713.
- Montano, H.G., Davis, R.E., Daily, E.L., Hogenhout, S., Pimenlet, J.P. and Brioso, P.S.T. (2001). ‘Candidatus phytoplasma brasiliense’, a new phytoplasma taxon associated with hibiscus witches’ broom disease. International Journal of Systematic and Environmental Microbiology. 51: 1109-1118.
- Mourya, O. and Kumar, H., (2018), Growth of chickpea production in India, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Photochemistry. 7(5) 1175-1177.
- Pallavi, M.S., Ramappa, H.K., Shankarappa, K.S., Rangaswamy, K.T., Wickramaarachchi, W. A.R.T. and Maruthi, M.N. (2012). Detection and molecular characterization of phytoplasma associated with chickpea phyllody disease in south India. Phytoparasitica. 40:279-286.
- Ramappa, H.K., Chandrasekar, K., Patil, C.S.P. and Pallavi, M.S. (2008). Occurrence of Ascochyta blight and phyllody diseases of chickpea in southern Karnataka. In: National Seminar on Advances in plant Pathology for Sustainable Agriculture Coimbatore, India, pp. 35-36.
- Saady, N.A., Subhi, A.M., Nabhani, A. and Khan, A.J. (2006). First report of agroup 16SrII phytoplasma infecting chickpea in Oman. Plant Disease. 90:734.
- Samuitiene, M. and Navalinskiene, M. (2006). Molecular detection and characterization of phytoplasma infecting Celosia argentea plants in Lithuania. Agronomy Research. 4:345-348.
- Saqib, M., Bayliss, K.L. and Jones, M.G.K. (2006). Identificationof sweet potato little leaf phytoplasma associated with Vigna unguiculata var. sesquipedalis and Lycopersicon esculentum. Australasian Plant Pathology. 35: 293-296.
- Sertkaya, G., Martini, M., Ermacora, P., Musetti, R. and Osler, R., (2007). Detection and molecular characterization of phytoplasmas infecting sesame and solanaceous crops in Turkey. Bulletin of Insectology. 60(2): 141-142.
- Tamura, K., Peterson, D., Peterson, N., Stecher, G., Nei and M., Kumar, S., (2011). MEGA5: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance and maximum parsimony, Methods of Molecular Biolology and Evolution. 28: 2731-2739.
- Vijay Kumar Naik, D.B.V., Bhaskara Reddy, J., Sailaja Rani,o]/ R., Sarada Jayalakshmi Devi and Hari Prasad, K.V. (2018). Natural occurrence of phytoplasma associated with chickpea phyllody in Andhra Pradesh, India. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 7(07): 171-176.
Submitted Date : 16-04-2019
Accepted Date : 27-06-2019