Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of seed priming on growth and seed yield in kabuli chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) varieties
First Online 24-05-2019|
- Anitha, U., Mummigatti, V. and Punith, K. C. H. (2013). Effect of organic and inorganic seed priming on soybean germination and yield parameters. Biolife, 1(4): 23-230.
- Anonymous, (2017). Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Directorate of Pulses Development. Annual Report., pp-23.
- Anonymous, (2018). www.indofile.in
- Bradford, K. J. (1986). Manipulation of seeds water relations via osmotic priming to improve germination under stress conditions. Horticulture Science, 59(2): 672-676.
- Campo, R. J., Albino, U. B. and Hungria, M. (2000). Importance of molybdenum and cobalt to the biological nitrogen fixation. In: Nitrogen Fixation: From Molecules to Crop Productivity, [(F.O. Pedrosa, M. Hungria, G. Yates, W.E. Newton (Eds.)]. Springer, Netherlands. pp. 597-598.
- Gnyandev, B. (2009). Seed technological studies in chickpea varieties (Cicer arietinum L.). Ph. D Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka (India).
- Gomez, K. A. and Gomez, A. A. (2010). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research, 2nd edition, A Willey International Science Publication, New York (USA). pp, 20-29.
- Harris, D., Joshi, A., Khan, P. A., Gothkar, P. and Sodhi, P. S. (1999). On-farm seed priming in semi-arid agriculture: Development and evaluation in maize, rice and chickpea in India using participatory methods. Experimental Agriculture, 35: 15-29.
- Harris, D., Pathan, A. K., Gothkar, P., Joshi, A., Chivasa, W. and Nyamudeza, P. (2001). On farm seed priming: Using participatory methods to revive and refine a key technology. Agricultural Systems, 69: 151-164.
- Heydecker, W., Higgins, J. and Gulliver, R. L. (1973). Accelerated germination by osmotic seed treatment. Nature, 246: 42-44.
- Krzyzanowski, F. C., Gilioli, J. L. and Miranda, L. C. (1993). Producao de sementes nos Cerrados. In: Cultura da soja nos cerrados. [(Arantes, N. E.; Souza, P. I. de M. de (Eds.)]. Piracicaba : POTAFOS, pp. 465-522.
- Merwade, M. N. (2000). Investigation on seed production techniques and storability of chickpea. M. Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka (India).
- Padamini, R., Mathur, K., Trivedi, A. and Rathore, S. (2015). Efficacy of different fungicides and bio-agents against wilt and root rot complex of chickpea. Research On Crops, 16(2): 23-24.
- Sushma, P. P. (2013). Effect of polymercoat and seed treatment chemicals on seed storability and field performance of chickpea. M. Sc (Agri.) Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka (India).
- Xalxo, P., Yadav, S. P. and Kuchlan, M. K. (2007). Effect of hydration and thiram seed treatments on field emergence, harvest index, seed multiplication ratio and economic yield in desi and kabuli chickpea. Agricultural Science Digest, 27(2): 83-86.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.