Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Antibacterial activity of the seeds, roots and shoots of Lotus populations
First Online 16-07-2018|
- Armand, N., Amiri, H., and Ismaili, A. (2016). The effects of spraying methanol solution and drought stress on level of antioxidant enzyme activity, growth, biomass and yield of beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L. cv. COS16). Legume Research: An International Journal, 39(3): 385-395.
- Badawy, M.E. (2010). Structure and antimicrobial activity relationship of quaternary N alkyl chitosan derivatives against some plant pathogens. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 117(2): 960-969.
- Badawy, M.E. and Rabea, E.I. (2011). A biopolymer chitosan and its derivatives as promising antimicrobial agents against plant pathogens and their applications in crop protection. International Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry. 1-29.
- Boulaaba, M., Snoussi, M., Saada, M., Mkadmini, K., Smaoui, A., Abdelly, C., and Ksouri, R. (2015). Antimicrobial activities and phytochemical analysis of Tamarix gallica extracts. Industrial Crops and Products, 76: 1114-1122.
- Dalmarco, J.B., Dalmarco, E.M., Koelzer, J., Pizzolatti, M.G., and Fröde, T.S. (2010). Isolation and identification of bioactive compounds responsible for the anti-bacterial efficacy of Lotus corniculatus var. São Gabriel. International Journal of Green Pharmacy, 4(2): 108-114.
- Davis, P.H. (1966-1988). Flora of Turkey and the East Aegean Islands, Vols. 1-10. Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh.
- Frame, J. (2005). Forage legumes for temperate grasslands. Rome: FAO, Enfield, NH: Science Publishers Inc. pp 84-90.
- Girardi, F.A., Tonial, F., Chini, S.O., Sobottka, A.M., Scheffer-Basso, S.M., and Bertol, C.D. (2014). Phytochemical profile and antimicrobial properties of Lotus spp.(Fabaceae). Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, 86(3), 1295-1302.
- Hajlaoui, H., Snoussi, M., Ben Jannet, H., Mighri, Z., and Bakhrouf, A. (2008). Comparison of chemical composition and antimicrobial activities of Mentha longifolia L. ssp. longifolia essential oil from two Tunisian localities (Gabes and Sidi Bouzid). Annals of Microbiology, 58: 513-520.
- Haritha, P. and Maheswari, K.U. (2007). Effect of processing on the antinutritional and antimicrobial activity of sicklesenna seeds (Cassia tora L.). Legume Research-An International Journal, 30(2): 108-112.
- Hemphill, L. and Cobiac, L. (2006). Health benefits of herbs and spices: the past, the present, the future. The Medical Journal of Australia, 185: 5-6.
- Merkouropoulos, G., Hilioti, Z., Abraham, E.M., Lazaridou, M. (2017). Evaluation of Lotus corniculatus L. accessions from different locations at different altitudes reveals phenotypic and genetic diversity. Grass and Forage Science, 72(4): 851-856.
- Mulaudzi, R.B., Ndhlala, A.R., Kulkarni, M.G., Finnie, J.F., and Van Staden, J. (2011). Antimicrobial properties and phenolic contents of medicinal plants used by the Venda people for conditions related to venereal diseases. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 135: 330-337.
- Muzzarelli, R.A. (1983). Chitin and its derivatives: new trends of applied research. Carbohydrate Polymers, 3(1): 53-75.
- Negi, P.S. (2012). Plant extracts for the control of bacterial growth: Efficacy, stability and safety issues for food application. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 156(1): 7-17.
- Patil, S.L., Mishra, P.K., Loganandhan, N., Math, S.K.N., Manikatti, S.M., Seshadri, B.N. (2015). Suitable chickpea cultivars for rainfed situations in black soils of South India. Legume Research-An International Journal, 38(2): 229-234.
- Reynaud, J. and Lussignol, M. (2005). The flavonoids of Lotus corniculatus. Lotus Newsletter, 35(1): 75-82.
- Robbins, M.P., Paolocci, F., Hughes, J.W., Turchetti, V., Allison, G., Arcioni, S., Morris, P., Damiani, F. (2003). Sn, a maize bHLH gene, modulates anthocyanin and condensed tannin pathways in Lotus corniculatus. Journal of Experimental Botany, 54(381): 239-248.
- Rochon, J.J., Doyle, C.J., Greef, J.M., Hopkins, A., Molle, G., Sitzia, M., Scholefield, D., Smith, C.J. (2004). Grazing legumes in Europe: a review of their status, management, benefits, research needs and future prospects. Grass and Forage Science, 59(3): 197-214.
- Vander Berghe, D.A. and Vietinck, A.J. (1991). Screening methods for antibacterial and antiviral agents from higher plants. In Methods in Plant Biochemistry (P.M. Dey and J.B. Harborne, eds.) Academic Press, London, 47-67.
- Villa-Ruano, N., Pacheco-Hernández, Y., Cruz-Durán, R., and Lozoya-Gloria, E. (2015). Volatiles and seasonal variation of the essential oil composition from the leaves of Clinopodium macrostemum var. laevigatum and its biological activities. Industrial Crops and Products, 77: 741-747.
- Wang, Y., Douglas, G.B., Waghorn, G.C., Barry, T.N., Foote, A.G. (1996). Effect of condensed tannins in Lotus corniculatus upon lactation performance in ewes. The Journal of Agricultural Science, 126(3): 353-362.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.