Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Efficacies of freshly isolated phosphate solubilising bacteria (PSB) on growth promotion in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) upon commonly used PSB biofertilizers in eastern India
First Online 20-09-2018|
- Ahemad M., Kibret M. (2014). Mechanisms and applications of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria: current perspective. J King Saud UnivSci. 26:1–20
- Altomare C., Norvell WA., Bjorkman T., Harman GE. (1999). Solubilization of phosphates and micronutrients by plant-growth promoting and biocontrol fungus Trichodermaharzianum Rifai. Appl Environ Microbiol. 65:2926–2933
- Bray RH., Kurtz LT. (1945). Determination of total., organic., and available forms of phosphorus in soils. Soil Sci. 59:39 -45
- Chung H., Park M., Madhaiyan M., Seshadri S., Song J., Cho H and Sa T. (2005).Isolation and characterization of phosphate solubilizing bacteria from the rhizosphere of crop plants of Korea. Soil BiolBiochem.37:1970-(1974).
- Edi-Premono M., Moawad MA., Vleck PLG. (1996). Effect of phosphate solubilizing Pseudomonas putidaon the growth of maize and its survival in the rhizosphere. Indonesian J Crop Sci. 11:13-23.
- Engelen AJ., Van der Heeft F., Randsdorp P., Smit E. (1994). Simple and rapid determination of phytase activity. J AOAC Int. 77:760.
- Gaur AC. (1990).Phosphate Solubilizing Microorganisms as Biofertilizers. Omega Scientific Publishers., New Delhi., India.,5761:114.
- Han HS., Supanjani., Lee KD. (2006). Effect of co-inoculation with phosphate and potassium solubilizing bacteria on mineral uptake and growth of pepper and cucumber. Plant Soil Environ. 52:130–136.
- Harris DL and Lottermoser BG. (2006). Evaluation of phosphate fertilizers for ameliorating acid mine waste. Applied Geochem. 21:1216-1225.
- Jackson ML. (1967). Soil Chemical Analysis., Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.., New Delhi., pp. 498.
- Kapri A., Tewari L. (2010). Phosphate solubilization potential and phosphatase activity of rhizosphericTrichoderma spp. Braz J Microbiol.41:787-795.
- Karunakaran V., Rammohan J., Chellamuthu V. and Poonghuzhalan R.(2010). Effect of integrated nutrient management on the growth and yield of groundnut (Arachishypogaea) in coastal region of Karaikal. Indian J Agron.55:128-132.
- Khan KS., JoergensenRG. (2009). Changes in microbial biomass and P fractions in biogenic household waste compost amended with inorganic P fertilizers. Bioresource Technol. 100:303–309.
- Kucey RMN. (1983). Phosphate-solubilizing bacteria and fungi in various cultivated and virgin Alberta soils. Can J Soil Sci. 63:671- 678.
- Murphy J., Riley JR. (1962). A modified solution method for determination of phosphate in natural water. Analytica Chimica Acta. 27:31-36.
- Nawaz A., Ahmed N. (2011).Isolation and characterization of indigenous luminescent marine bacteria from Karachi coast.Acad Res Int.1:74-83.
- Piper CS. (1966). Soil and Plant Analysis. Hans Publisher., Mumbai., India
- Pikovskaya RI. (1948). Mobilization of phosphorus in soil in connection with vital activity of some microbial species. Microbiol.17:362- 370.
- Rashid M., Khalil S., Ayub N., Alam S., Latif F. (2004). Organic acids production and phosphate solubilization by phosphate solubilizing microorganisms (PSM) under in vitro conditions. Pak J Biol Sci. 7:187–196.
- Sharma SN., Prasad R., ShivayYS., Dwivedi MK., Kumar S., DavariMR., Ram M., Kumar D. (2010). Relative efficiency of diammonium phosphate and mussoorie phosphate rock on productivity and phosphorus balance in a rice-rapeseed-mungbean cropping system. NutrCycl Agroecosyst. 86:199–209
- Son TTN., Diep CN., Giang TTM. (2006). Effect of bradyrhizobia and phosphate solubilizing bacteria application on Soybean in rotational system in the Mekong delta. Omonrice. 14:48-57.
- Vassilev N., Vassileva M. (2003). Biotechnological solubilization of rock phosphate on media containing agro industrial wastes. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol.61:435–440.
- Veeramani P., Subrahmaniyan K., Ganesaraja V. (2012). Organic manure management on groundnut: A review. Wudpecker J Agricult Res. 1:238-243.
- Vyas P., GulatiA. (2009). Organic acid production in vitro and plant growth promotion in maize under controlled environment by phosphate-solubilizing fluorescent Pseudomonas. BMC Microbiol.9:174.
- Walpola BC., Yoon MH. (2012). Prospectus of phosphate solubilizing microorganisms and phosphorus availability in agricultural soils: A review. African JMicrobiol Res. 6: 6600-6605.
- Watanabe FS., Olsen SR. 1965.Test of an ascorbic acid method for determining P in water and sodium bicarbonate extracts from soil. Soil SciSocAmer Proc. 29:677-678.
- Yadav H., GothwalRK., NigamVK., Sinha-Roy S., Ghosh P. (2013). Optimization of culture conditions for phosphate solubilization by a thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing bacterium Brevibacillus sp. BISR-HY65 isolated from phosphate mines. Biocatalysis Agricult Biotechnol. 2: 217–225
- Yasmin H., BanoA. (2011). Isolation and characterization of phyosphatesolubilizaing bacteria from rhizosphere soil of weeds of khewra salt range and attock. Pak J Bot. 43:1663-1668.
- Yi Y., Huang W., Ge Y. (2008). Exo-polysaccharide: a novel important factor in the microbial dissolution of tricalcium phosphate. World J Microbiol Biotechnol.24:1059–1065.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.