Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of tillage practices and fertilizer management on the growth and nitrogen efficiency in soybean
First Online 16-07-2018|
- Al-Darby, A. and Lowery, B. (1987). Seed zone soil temperature and early corn growth with three conservation tillage systems. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 51:768-774.
- Al-Kaisi, M. and Kwaw-Mensah, D. (2007). Effect of tillage and nitrogen rate on corn yield and nitrogen and phosphorus uptake in a corn-soybean rotation. Agronomy Journal, 99: 1548-1558.
- Angle, J., Gross, C., Hill, R., McIntosh, M. (1993). Soil nitrate concentrations under corn as affected by tillage, manure, and fertilizer applications. Journal of Environmental Quality, 22:141-147.
- Aziz, I., Bangash, N., Mahmood, T., Islam, K. (2015). Impact of no-till and conventional tillage practices on soil chemical properties. Pakistan Journal of Botany,47: 297-303.
- Barber, S. (1971). Effect of tillage practice on corn (Zea mays L.) root distribution and morphology. Agronomy Journal, 63: 724-726.
- Borges, R. and Mallarino, A.P. (2000). Grain yield, early growth, and nutrient uptake of no-till soybean as affected by phosphorus and potassium placement. Agronomy Journal, 92: 380-388.
- Brandt, S. (1992). Zero vs. conventional tillage and their effects on crop yield and soil moisture. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, 72: 679-688.
- Cassel, D., Raczkowski, C., Denton, H. (1995). Tillage effects on corn production and soil physical conditions. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 59: 1436-1443.
- Celik, I., Turgut, M., Acir, N. (2012). Crop rotation and tillage effects on selected soil physical properties of a Typic Haploxerert in an irrigated semi-arid Mediterranean region. International Journal of Plant Production,6: 457-480.
- Chang, C. and Lindwall, C. (1992). Effects of tillage and crop rotation on physical properties of a loam soil. Soil and Tillage Research, 22: 383-389.
- Díaz-Zorita, M., Grove, J.H., Murdock, L., Herbeck, J., Perfect, E. (2004). Soil structural disturbance effects on crop yields and soil properties in a no-till production system. Agronomy Journal, 96: 1651-1659.
- Dharmakeerthi, R., Kay, B., Beauchamp, E. (2006). Spatial variability of in-season nitrogen uptake by corn across a variable landscape as affected by management. Agronomy Journal, 98: 255-264.
- Dua, V. K., Kumar, S., Jatav, M.K. (2017). Effect of nitrogen application to intercrops on yield, competition, nutrient use efficiency and economics in potato (Solanum Tuberosum L.)+French bean (Phaseolus Vulgaris L.) system in north-western hills of India. Legume Research: An International Journal, 40: 698-703.
- Fabrizzi, K., Garcýa, F.,Costa, J., Picone, L. (2005). Soil water dynamics, physical properties and corn and wheat responses to minimum and no-tillage systems in the southern Pampas of Argentina. Soil and Tillage Research, 81: 57-69.
- Fortin, M.C. (1993). Soil temperature, soil water, and no-till corn development following in-row residue removal. Agronomy Journal, 85: 571-576.
- Halvorson, A.D., Wienhold, B.J., Black, A.L. (2001). Tillage and nitrogen fertilization influence grain and soil nitrogen in an annual cropping system. Agronomy Journal, 93: 836-841.
- Higashi, T., Yunghui, M., Komatsuzaki, M., Miura, S., Hirata, T., Araki, H., Kaneko, N.,Ohta, H. (2014). Tillage and cover crop species affect soil organic carbon in Andosol, Kanto, Japan. Soil and Tillage Research, 138: 64-72.
- Hobbs, P.R., Sayre, K.,Gupta, R. (2008). The role of conservation agriculture in sustainable agriculture. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 363: 543-555.
- Huntington, T., Grove, J., Frye, W. (1985). Release and recovery of nitrogen from winter annual cover crops in no-till corn production 1. Communications in Soil Science & Plant Analysis, 16: 193-211.
- Jokela, D. and Nair, A. (2016). Effects of reduced tillage and fertilizer application method on plant growth, yield, and soil health in organic bell pepper production. Soil and Tillage Research, 163: 243-254.
- Karlen, D., Wollenhaupt, N., Erbach, D., Berry, E., Swan, J., Eash N., Jordahl, J. (1994). Long-term tillage effects on soil quality. Soil and Tillage Research, 32: 313-327.
- Kaspar, T., Radke, J., Laflen, J. (2001). Small grain cover crops and wheel traffic effects on infiltration, runoff, and erosion. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 56: 160-164.
- Kumar, S., Kadono, A., Lal, R.,Dick, W. (2012). Long-term tillage and crop rotations for 47-49 years influences hydrological properties of two soils in Ohio. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 76: 2195-2207.
- Mahboubi, A. and Lal, R. (1998). Long-term tillage effects on changes in structural properties of two soils in central Ohio. Soil and Tillage Research, 45: 107-118.
- Malhi, S. and Lemke, R. (2007). Tillage, crop residue and N fertilizer effects on crop yield, nutrient uptake, soil quality and nitrous oxide gas emissions in a second 4-yr rotation cycle. Soil and Tillage Research, 96: 269-283.
- McCarty, G., Meisinger, J., Jenniskens, F. (1995). Relationships between total-N, biomass-N and active-N in soil under different tillage and N fertilizer treatments. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 27: 1245-1250.
- Mehdi, B., Madramootoo, C., Mehuys, G.R. (1999). Yield and nitrogen content of corn under different tillage practices. Agronomy Journal, 91: 631-636.
- Pedersen, P. and Lauer, J.G. (2004). Soybean growth and development response to rotation sequence and tillage system. Agronomy Journal, 96: 1005-1012.
- Phillips, R.E., Thomas, G.W., Blevins, R.L., Frye, W.W., Phillips, S.H. (1980). No-tillage agriculture. Science, 208: 1108-1113.
- Rajesh, P., Rajapandian, J. S., Sharmili, K., Marimuthu, S., Suresh, K.R. (2017). Effect of spacing and fertilizer level on yield attributes of Dhaincha (Sesbania aculeata). Legume Research: An International Journal, 40: 1136-1138.
- Reicosky, D. and Forcella, F. (1998). Cover crop and soil quality interactions in agroecosystems. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 53: 224-229.
- Sainju, U.M. and Singh, B.P. (2001). Tillage, cover crop, and kill-planting date effects on corn yield and soil nitrogen. Agronomy Journal, 93: 878-886.
- Sharma, A., Sharma, R.P., Katoch, V., Sharma, G.D. (2018). Influence of vermicompost and split applied nitrogen on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and soil fertility in pole type french bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in an Acid Alfisol. Legume Research: An International Journal, 41: 126-131.
- Sofi, J.A., Dar, I.H., Chesti, M.H., Bisati, I.A., Mir, S.A., Sofi, K.A. (2018). Effect of nitrogen fixing cover crops on fertility of apple (Malus domestica Borkh) orchard soils assessed in a chronosequence in North-West Himalaya of Kashmir valley, India. Legume Research-An International Journal, 41: 87-94.
- Unger, P.W. (1997). Management-induced aggregation and organic carbon concentrations in the surface layer of a Torrertic Paleustoll. Soil and Tillage Research, 42: 185-208.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.