Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effects of mixture ratio and cutting time on forage yield and silage quality of intercropped berseem clover and italian ryegrass
First Online 16-07-2018|
- Acar, Z., Gulumser, E., Asci, O.O., Basaran, U., Mut, H., Ayan, I. (2017). Effects of sowing ratio and harvest periods on hay yields, quality and competitive characteristics of Hungarian vetch – cereal mixtures. Legume Research, 40(4) : 677-683.
- Anonymous, (2017). https://mgm.gov.tr/eng/forecast-cities.aspx
- Bal, M.A. (2006). Effects of hybrid type, stage of maturity, and fermentation length on whole plant corn silage quality. Turkish Journal Veterian Animal Science, 30:331-336
- Buxton, D.R. (1996). Quality-related characteristics of forage as influenced by plant environment and agronomic factors. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 53:37-49.
- Caballero, R., Arauzo, M., Hernaiz,P. J. (1994). Response to N-fertilizer of Italian ryegrass grown alone and in mixture with berseem clover under continental irrigated Mediterranean conditions. Fertiliser Research, 39:105-112.
- Carpici, E.B. (2017). Determination of forage yield and quality of mixtures of hairy vetch with some cereals (oat, barley and wheat) grown as catch crop. Legume Research, 40 (6): 1088-1092.
- Chen, J., Stokes, M.R., Wallace, C.R. (1994). Effects of enzyme-inoculant systems on preservationand nutritive value of hay crop and maize silages. Journal Dairy Science, 77: 501-512.
- El Kramany, M.F., Elewa, T.A., Bakry, A.B. (2012). Effect of mixture rates on forage mixture of Egyptian clover (Trifolium alexandrinum L.) with triticale (X Triticosecale Wittmack) under newly reclaimed sandy soil. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 6 (5): 40-44.
- Eskandari, H., Ghanbari-Bonjar, A., Galavai, M., Salari, M. (2009). Forage quality of cowpea (Vigna sinensis) intercropped with corn (Zea mays) as affected by nutrient uptake and light interception. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 37 (1):171-174.
- Foley, R.C., Bath, D.L., Dickinson, F.N., Tucker,H. A. (1972). Dairy cattle: Principles, Practices, Problems, Profits. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, PA.
- Gebrehiwot, L., McGrowand, R.L., Assefu, G. (1996). Forage yield and quality profile of three annual legumes in the tropical highlands of Ethiopia. Journal of Agriculture, 73:83-98.
- Hall, D.D., Cromwell, G.L., Stahly, T.S. (1991). Effects of dietary calcium, phosphorus, calcium:phosphorus ratio and vitamin K on performance, bone strength and blood clotting status of pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 69:646-655.
- Holland, J.B. and Brummer E.C.(1999). Cultivar effects on oat-berseem clover intercrops. Agronomy Journal, 91:321-329.
- Jaranyama, P. and Garcia, A.D. (2004). Understanding relative feed value (RFV) and relative forage quality (RFQ). College of Agric and Biological Sci, South Dakota State University, USDA.
- Karakurt E. and Ekiz, H. (1996). Ýskenderiye üçgülü (Trifolium alexandrinum L.) ile Lolium multýflorum lam) karýþým oranlarýnýn ot verimine etkisi. Tarla Bitkileri Merkez Araþtýrma Enstitüsü Dergisi, 5 (2): 25-30.
- Kusvuran, A., Kaplan, M., Nazli, R.I. (2014). Intercropping of Hungarian vetch (Vicia pannonica Crantz.) and barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) under different plant varieties and mixture rates. Legume Research, 37: 590-599.
- Lawes, D.A. and Jones, D.I.H. (1971). Yield, nutritive value and ensiling characteristics of whole-crop spring cereals. Journal Agricalture Science, 76:479-485.
- Linn, J.G. and Martin, P. (1999). Forage Quality and Interpretions. http://www.extension.
- Martiniello, P., De Santis, G., Iannucci, A. (1996). Effect of phenological stages on plant dry matter partitioning and seed production in berseem (Trifolium alexandrinum L.). J. Agronomy Crop Science, 177: 39-48.
- Rebole, A., Trevinoand, J., Caballero, R. (1996). Chemical change associated with the field drying of oat forage. Field Crops Research, 47:221-226.
- Robinson, R.C. (1969). Annual legume:cereal mixtures for forage and seed. Agronomy Journal, 61:759-761.
- Shultz, H.K. and Hayes, H.K. (1938). Artýfýcýal drought tests of some hay and pasture grasses and legumes in sod and seedlýng stages of growth. Journal of the American Society of Agronomy, 676-682.
- Singh, V., Joshi, Y.P., Verma, S.S. (1989). Studies on the productivity of Egyptian clover and oats under intercropping. Experimental Agriculture, 25 (04): 541-544.
- Van Soest, P.J. (1982). Analytical systems for evaluation of feeds. In: Van Soest, PJ (Ed.),Nutritional Ecology of the Ruminant. Maizeell University, Ithaca, NY, pp. 75-94.
- Yucel, C., Avcý, M., Ýnal, Ý., Akkaya, M.R. (2016,) Researches of Berseem Clover (Trifolium alexandrinum L.) Breeding. Republic of Turkey Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock, GDARP- Final Report.
- Xie, Z., Zhang, T., Chen, X., Li, G., Zhang, J. (2012). Effects of maturity stages on the nutritive composition and silage quality of whole crop wheat. Asian Australas Journal Animal Science, 25:1374-1380.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.