Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Present scenario, bottlenecks and expansion of pulse production in India: A review
First Online 20-09-2018|
- Agricultural Statistics at a Glance, (2016). 3rd advanced estimates. Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India (Retrieved from https://eands.dacnet.nic.in).
- Agricultural Statistics at a Glance, (2017). Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India (Retrieved from https://eands.dacnet.nic.in).
- Anonymous (2016). Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India (Retrieved from https:// commerce.gov.in)
- Anonymous (2017). Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP). Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare, Govt. of India (Retrieved from https://cacp.dacnet.nic.in).
- Anonymous (2017). Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India (Retrieved from https:// commerce.gov.in)
- Anonymous. (2016). Agricultural Statistics at a glance. Government of India Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare Directorate of Economics and Statistics. Pp 282-284.
- Balyan, J.K., Choudhary, R.S., Kumpawat, B.S. and Choudhary, R. (2016). Weed management in blackgram under rainfed condtion. Indian J. Weed Sci.,48(2): 173-177.
- Choudhary, A.K. (2013). Technological and extension yield gaps in pulses in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 41(1): 88–97.
- Choudhary, A.K., Thakur, S.K. and Suri, V.K. (2013).Technology transfer model on integrated nutrient management technology for sustainable crop production in high value cash crops and vegetables in NW Himalayas. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 44(11): 1684–1699.
- Datta, P. and Kulkarni M. (2014). Influence of two “AM” fungi in improvement of mineral profile in Arachis hypogaea L. under salinity stress. Legume Research, 37(3): 321-328.
- Kumar, N., Hazra, K.K. and Nadarajan, N. (2016). Efficacy of post-emergence application of imazethapyr in summer mungbean (Vignaradiata L.). Legume Research, 39(1): 96-100.
- Narayan, P. and Kumar, S. (2015).Constraints of growth in area production and productivity of pulses in India: An analytical approach to major pulses. Indian J. Agric. Res., 49(2) 2015: 114-124.
- Parvender, S., Sukhvinder, S., Virender, S. and Bawa, S.S. (2008).Studies on critical period of crop-weed competition in greengram in Kandi region of Punjab. Indian J. Dryland Agric. Res. and Dev., 23(1): 19-22.
- Pooniya, V., Choudhary, A.K., Dass, A., Bana, R.S., Rana, K.S., Rana, D.S., Tyagi, V.K. and Puniya, M.M. (2015). Improved crop management practices for sustainable pulse production: An Indian perspective. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 85(6): 747–58.
- Prasad, R. (2012). Textbook of Field Crops Production-Food Grain Crops, Vol I, Pp 248-319.
- Pratap, S., Tej, P.S., Singh, S.P., Kumar, A., Kavita, S., Akshita, B., Neema, B. and Singh, R.P. (2016). Weed management in blackgram with pre-mix herbicides. Indian J. Weed Sci., 48(2): 17-181.
- Ramakrishna, A., Gowda, C.L.L. and Johansen, C. (2000). Management factors affecting legumes production in the IndoGangetic Plain. In: Legumes in rice and wheat cropping systems of the Indo-Gangetic Plain-constraints and opportunities. (Johansen, C., Duxbury, J.M., Virmani, S.M.,Gowda, C.L.L. Eds.) ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh. pp. 156-165.
- Rao, A.S. (2008). Effect of time and dose of post-emergence herbicides on Echinochloa colona (L.) in blackgram grown as relay crop. Indian J. Weed Sci., 40(3&4): 165-168
- Sanbagavalli, S., Chinnusamy, C., Marimuthu, S. and Sivamurugan, A.P. (2016).Weed management strategies in blackgram (Phaseolus mungo L.): A Review. International Journal of Agriculture Sciences, 8(61):3481-3486.
- Shi, Z.Y., Zhang, X.L., Xu, S.X., Lan, Z.J., Li, K., Wang, Y.M., Wang, F.Y. and Chen, Y.L.(2017). Mycorrhizal relationship in lupines: A review. Legume Research, 40(6): 965-973
- Singh, A.K., Kumar, P. and Chandra, N. (2013a). Studies on yield production of mung bean (Vigna radiata) sown at different dates. J. Environ. Biol., 34: 1007-11.
- Singh, A.K., Manibhushan, Bhatt, B.P., Singh, K.M. and Upadhyaya, A.(2013).An Analysis of oilseeds and pulses scenario in Eastern India during 2050-51. Journal of Agril. Sci., 5(1): 241- 249.
- Singh, A.K., Singh, D., Singh, A.K., Gade, R.M. and Sangle, U.R.(2012).Good Agronomic Practices (GAP) - An efficient and eco- friendly tool for sustainable management of plant diseases under changing climate scenario. J. Plant Disease Sci., 7(1):1-8.
- Singh, A.K., Singh, S.S., Prakash, V., Kumar, S. and Dwivedi, S.K. (2015). Pulses Production in India: Present Status, Bottleneck and Way Forward. Journal of AgriSearch, 2(2): 75-83.
- Singh, S.K., Varma, S.C. and Singh, R.P. (2002). Integrated nutrient management in rice and its residual effect on lentil. Indian J. Agric. Res., 36(4): 286-289.
- Thiyagarajan, T.M., Backiyavathy, M.R. and Savithri, P. (2003).Nutrient management for pulses-A review. Agicultural Review, 24: 40–8.
- Tiwari, A.K. and Shivhare, A.K. (2016). Pulses in India: Retrospect and Prospects. Director, Govt. of India, Ministry of Agri. & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Directorate of Pulses Development, Vindhyachal Bhavan, Bhopal, M.P. Pp 23-25.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.