Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of organic seed pelleting on seedling quality, gas exchange, growth, yield and resultant seed quality parameters of black gram
First Online 20-06-2018|
- Abdul-Baki, A.A. and Anderson J.D.(1973). Vigour determination is soybean seed by multiple criteria. Crop Sci., 13: 630-633.
- Afzal, I., Basra SMA., Ahmad N., Cheema M.A., Warraich EA. and Khaliq A. (2002). Effect of priming and growth regulator treatment on emergence seedling growth of hybrid maize. International Journal of Agricultural Biology, 4: 303-306.
- Ananthi, M., Selvaraju P. and Srimathi P. (2015). Effect of seed treatment on seed and seedling quality characters in Redgram cv. Co (Rg) 7. International Journal of Science and Nature, 6 : 205-208.
- Anbarasan, R., Srimathi P. and Vijayakumar A.(2016). Influence of seed pelleting on seed quality improvement in redgram (Cajanus cajan L). Legume Res., 39 : 584-589
- Ayumi, T., Masumi H. and Ryoichi T. (2004). Chlorophyll metabolism and plant growth. Kagaku Seibutsu, 42: 93-98.
- Basra, S.M., Irfan A., Afzal Rashid Ali and Rahid M. Farooq. (2005). Presowing seed treatment to improve germination and seedling growth in wheat (Triticum asetivum L.) Cademo De Pesuis Ser. Bio Saatacruz Do. Sul., 17: pp.155-164.
- Bhattacharya, S., Chowdhury R. and Mandal A.K. (2015). Seed invigoration treatments for improved germinability and field performance of soybean [Glycine max (L.)Mer.ill]. Indian J. Agric. Res., 49 : 32-38.
- Christansen, M.N. and Foy C.D.. (1979). Fate and function of calcium in tissue. Common. Soil Sci. Plant Anal., 10: 427 -442.
- Dileepkumar A. Masuthi , Vyakaranahal B. S. and Deshpande V. K. (2009). Influence of pelleting with micronutrients and botanical on growth, seed yield and quality of vegetable cowpea. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 22: 898-900.
- Himani Pande, Khan L.H. and Varshney V.K.(2014). Comparative study on in-vitro antioxidant activity of Pongamia pinnata leaves and seeds. World Applied Sciences Journal, 32 : 1330-1333.
- ISTA. (1999). International Rules for Seed Testing. Seed Sci. and Technol.(Supplement Rules), 27: 25-30.
- Khan Bahadar Marwat and Muhammad Azim Khan. (2006). Allelopathic proclivities of tree leaf extracts on seed germination and growth of wheat and wild oats. Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res., 12 : 265 – 269.
- Lu, S., D. Ming and T. Jiang. (1983). A preliminary report on the effect of CaCO3 pelleted seeds of Chinese milk vetch on its Yield. Shanghai Agric. Sci. and Technol., 6: 170-173.
- Maguire, J.D. (1962). Speed of germination – Aid in selections and evaluation of seedling emergence and vigour. Crop Sci., 2: 176-177.
- Maheshwari, R. (1996). Seed production technology in soybean under rice follow and method to control seed deterioration in soybean Cv .CO 1 (Glycine max L). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Mahmood I, Tiyagi SA, Azam MF. (2007). Efficacy of latex bearing plants for the managment of plant-parastic nematodes and soil- inhabiting fungi on chicpea and mungbean. Environ Boil Conserv., 12: 23-27
- Mandal, A.K., De B.K., Saha R. and Basu, R.N. (2000). Seed invigoration treatment for improved storability, field emergence and productivity of soybean (Glycine max (L.). Seed Sci. & Tech., 28:201-207.
- Manisathiya and Krishnaswamy Muthuchelian. (2010). Evaluation of antioxidant and antitumor potentials of Prosopis juliflora DC. leaves invitro. Pharmocology online, 2; 328 – 343.
- Nadeem Binzia. (1992). Investigation of the chemical constituents of Prosopis julifera and circular Dichroismic studies of cholestano Quinaxaliner. Ph.D Thesis, NEJ Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Napar AA, Bux H., Zia MA., Ahmad MZ., Iqbal A., Roomi S., Muhammad I. and Shah. SH. (2012). ‘Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of Mimosaceae plants; Acacia modesta Wall (Phulai), Prosopis cineraria (Linn.) and Prosopis juliflora (Swartz). J Med Plants Res., 6:2962–2970.
- Panse, V.G. and P.V. Sukhatme. (1967). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR Publications, New Delhi, India.
- Prakash M., Sathiya Narayanan, Sunil Kumar G. B. and A. Kamaraj. (2013). Effect of seed hardening and pelleting on seed quality and physiological of rice in aerobic condition. Agric. Sci. Digest., 33: 172-177.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya Narayanan G. and Sunilkumar B. (2012). Effect of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield in black gram. Legume Res., 35 : 64-67.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya Narayan G. and Sunilkumar B. (2014a). Fly ash seed pelleting enhances growth and yield in bhendi. Agric. Sc. Dig., 34 : 49-51.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya Narayanan, G., Sunilkumar, B. and Rajiv G.. (2014b). Effect of fly ash application on photosynthesis, growth and yield of sesame. Indian J. Agric. Res., 48 : 105-112.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya Narayanan,G. Sunil Kumar B. and Padmavathi S. (2014c). Effect of fly ash seed pelleting on growth, photosynthesis and yield in rice under aerobic condition. Indian J. Agric. Res.., 48 : 465-471.
- Rahul Deo Yadav, Jain S. K., Shashi Alok, Prajapati S. K. and Verma Amita. (2011). PONGAMIA PINNATA: AN OVERVIEW, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2: 494-500.
- Ramesh Kumar, S and Muthukrishnan R.. (2015). Impact of organic seed pelleting on seed germination and seedling development in okra and chilli pepper. International J. Science and Natyre, 6:480-483.
- Rathinavel, K. and Dharmalingam C.. (1999). Seed hardening augment the productivity of cotton cv. LRA 5166 (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Madras Agric. J., 86: 68-72.
- Renugadevi, J., Natarajan N. and Srimathi P.. (2008). Efficacy of Botanicals in improving seed and seedling quality characteristics of cluster bean. Legume Res., 31: 164 –168.
- Rose Rizvi, Mahmood Irshad, Ansari Safiuddin. (2012). Interaction between plant symbionts, bio-organic waste and antagonistic fungi in the management of Meloidogyne incognita infecting chickpea. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 1-11.
- Rose Rizvi, Irshad Mahmood, Sartaj Ali Tiyagi, Zehra Khan. (2012). Effect of some botanicals for the management of plant-parasitic nematodes and soil-inhabiting fungi infesting chickpea. Turk J Agric For., 36: 710-719.
- Sathiya Narayanan, G., Prakash M. and Reka M.. (2015). Influence of seed hardening cum foliar spray treatments on biometric, physiological and yield parameters in black gram under dry land condition. Agric. Sci. Digest., 35 : 2015: 1-6.
- Sathiya Narayanan, G., Prakash M. and Reka M.. (2016). Influence of seed hardening treatments on growth, gas exchange and yield parameters in black gram under drought condition. Legume Res., 39: 248-255.
- Sengupta, A.K., De B.K. and Mandal A. K.. (2005). Pre storage seed invigoration treatments for maintenance of vigour, viability and field performance of high vigour onion seeds. Seed Sci. & Tech., 28:201-207.
- Shehzad, M., Ayub,M. Ahmad A. U. H. and Yaseen M.. (2012). Influence of priming techniques on emergence and seedling growth of forage sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.). J. Anim. Pl. Sci., 22: 154-158.
- Singh RV. (1982). Fodder trees of India. Oxford & IBH Co. New Delhi, India.
- Tamilmani, U. (2012). Studies on effect of various seed management practices on quality seed production in green gram (Vigna radiata L.) cv. ADT 3 under abiotic stress condition. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- Tiwari, A. K. and Shivhare A. K.. (2016). Pulses in India Retrospect & Prospects. In. Publication of Govt. of India, Ministry of Agri. & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Directorate of Pulses Development, Vindhyachal Bhavan, Bhopal, M.P.- 462004. Publication No.: DPD/Pub.1/Vol. 2/2016.
- Yadav, S. K., Lal S.K., Sangitayadav Vilas and Tonapi A.. (2014). An overview of seed enhancement technologies for sustainable agricultural production. Seed Res., 42: 1-24.
- Yoshida, S., Forno D.A. and Cock J.H.. (1971). Laboratory Manual for Physiological Studies of Rice. IRRI, Philippines, pp.36-37.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.