Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Foliar applications for amelioration of iron deficiency in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
First Online 23-08-2018|
- Akhtar, S, Shahzad, A, Bangash, N, Arshad and Mand Ahmed I. (2014). Morphophysiological and genetic diversity of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) genotypes under iron deficiency stress. Pak J Agric Sci., 51: 953-961.
- Akhtar, S., Shahzad A, Arshad M and Hassan F.(2013).Morpho-physiological evaluation of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) genotypes for iron deficiency tolerance.Pak J Bot., 45: 893-899.
- Álvarez-Fernández A, Garcýa-Marco S and Lucena J J.(2005) Evaluation of synthetic iron (III)-chelates (EDDHAFe3+, EDDHMAFe3+and the novel EDDHSAFe3+) to correct iron chlorosis.Eur J Agron.,22: 119-130.
- Barcelosde Q, J.P., de Souza Osorio, C.R.W., Leal, A.J.F., Alves, C.Z., Santos, E.F., Reis, H.P.G. and dos Reis, A.R.( 2017). Effects of foliar nickel (Ni) application on mineral nutrition status, urease activity and physiological quality of soybean seeds. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 11(2), p.184.
- Bisht S, Nautiyal B and Sharma C., 2002. Biochemical changes under iron deficiency and recovery in tomato. Indian J Plant Physiol.,7: 183-186
- Boodi IH, Pattanashetti SK, Biradar BD, Naidu GK, Chimmad VP, Kanatti A, Kumar V and Debnath MK. (2016). Morpho-physiological parameters associated with iron deficiency chlorosis resistance and their effect on yield and its related traits in groundnut. J Crop Sci Biotech., 19(2): 177-187.
- Chakraborty B, Singh PN, Shukla A and Mishra DS. (2012). Physiological and biochemical adjustment of iron chlorosis affected low- chill peach cultivars supplied with different iron isources. Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants., 18: 141-148
- Cianzio S.(1995). Strategies for the genetic improvement of Fe efficiency in plants. Dev Plant Soil Sci.,59: 119-119
- Epstein E. (1972). Mineral Nutrition of Plants: Principles and. Perspectives. New York
- Fernández-Escobar R, Barranco D and Benlloch M. (1993). Overcoming iron chlorosis in olive and peach trees using a low-pressure trunk-injection method. HortSci., 28: 192-194
- Fernández V, Del Río V, Abadía J and Abadía A. (2006). Foliar iron fertilization of peach (Prunus persica (L.) Batsch): effects of iron compounds, surfactants and other adjuvants. Plant Soil., 289:239-252.
- Gao L and Shi Y. (2007). Genetic differences in resistance to iron deficiency chlorosis in peanut. J Plant Nutr., 30: 37-52
- Imtiaz M, Rashid A, Khan P,Memon M and Aslam M. (2010). The role of micronutrients in crop production and human health. Pak. J. Bot., 42: 2565-2578.
- Inal, A,Gunes A, Zhang F and Cakmak I. (2007). Peanut/maize intercropping induced changes in rhizosphere and nutrient concentrations in shoots. Plant Physiol Biochem., 45: 350-356.
- Kong J, Dong Y, Xu L, Liu S and Bai X. (2014). Effects of foliar application of salicyclic acid and nitric oxide in allevating iron deficiency induced chlorosis of Arachis hypogaea L.Bot Stud.,55: 9-21
- Loop E A and Finck A. (1984). Total iron as a useful index of the Fe status of crops. J Plant Nutr., 7: 69-79
- Lucena J J. (2003). Fe chelates for remediation of Fe chlorosis in strategy I plants. J Plant Nutr., 26: 1969-1984
- Mann A, Singh A L, Oza S, Goswami N, Mehta D and Chaudhari V. (2017). Effect of iron source on iron deficinecy induced chlorosis in groundut. Legume Research. 40(2): 241-249.
- Rashid, A., J. Ryan, and G. Estefan. (2001). Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory Manual. International Center of Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA) and National Agricultural Research Center (NARC), Islamabad, Pakistan, Aleppo, Syria. Manage., 37: 241-253.
- Rashid, A. and Din J. (1992). Differential susceptibility of chickpea cultivars to iron chlorosis grown on calcareous soils of Pakistan. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 40:488-492.
- Rashid A, Rafique E,Din J, Malik S and Arain M. (1997). Micronutrient deficiencies in rainfed calcareous soils of Pakistan. I. Iron chlorosis in the peanut plant. Commun in Soil SciPlant Anal., 28: 135-148
- Rajaie M and Tavakoly AR. (2017). Iron and/or acid foliar spray versus soil application of Fe-EDDHA for prevention of iron deficiency in valencia orange grown on a calcareous soil. J Plant Nutr.,41(2):150-158.
- Robinson N J, Procter C M, Connolly E L and Guerinot M L., (1999). A ferric-chelate reductase for iron uptake from soils. Nature, 397: 694-697
- Rombolà A, Brüggemann W, López-Millán A, Tagliavini M, Abadía M,Marangoni B and Moog P., (2002). Biochemical responses to iron deficiency in kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa). Tree physiol., 22: 869-875.
- Salahi B, Hadavi E and Samar S M., (2017). Foliar iron sulphate-organic acid sprays improve the performance of oriental plane tree in calcareous soil better than soil treatments. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening. 21: 175-182.
- Singh S K, Singh V P, Srivastava S, Singh A K, Chaubey B K and Srivastava R K., (2018).Estimation of correlation coefficient among yield and attributing treaits of field pea (Pisum sativum L.). Legume Research., 41(1):20-26.
- Singh D and Sahu M., (1993). Effects of phosphate carriers, iron, and indoleacetic acid on iron nutrition and productivity of peanut on a calcareous soil. J Plant Nutr., 16: 1847-1855.
- Shruti S, Singh A, Sharma U, Kumar R and Yadav N., (2018). Effect of thermal processing on anti nutritioanl factors and in vitro bioavailability of minerals in desi and kabuli cultivars of chick pea grown in North India. Legume Research 41(2): 267-274.
- Song Y, Dong Y J, Tian X T,Wang W W, He Z L., (2017). Effects of nitric oxide and Fe supply on recovery of Fe deficiency induced chlorosis in peanuy plants. Biologia Plantarum. 16(1):155-168
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.