Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of plant densities and different environments on productivity and profitability of Yardlong bean (Vigna unguiculata sub sp. sesquipedalis)
First Online 20-06-2018|
- Alam, M. S., Saha, S. R., Salam, M. A., Alam, M. K., (2011). Effect of sowing time and plant spacing on the yield and yield attributes of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum). Bangladesh J. Agric. Res., 36: 271-278.
- Almaz, M. Gezahegn, Tesfaye, J. J., Sharma, Belel, M. D., (2016). Determination of optimum plant density for faba bean (Vicia faba L.) on vertisols at Haramaya, Eastern Ethiopia. Cogent Food & Agriculture., 2:122-128.
- Bakry, B. A., Elewa, T. A., El-karamany, M. F., Zeidan, M. S.,Tawfik, M. M., (2011). Effect of row spacing on yield and its components of some faba bean varieties under newly reclaimed sandy soil condition. World J. Agric. Sci.,7(1): 68-72.
- Basavaraja, N., Nandi, V. R., Jholgikar, P., (2003). Protected cultivation of capsicum and bhendi. Proc. of all India on Sem. Potential and Prospects for Protective Cultivation, Organized by the Institute of Engineers, Ahmednagar, 12-13, December, 2003, pp. 197-199. Darwesh, Fayza, M. A., (2012). Cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) productivity as affected by combination effect between sowing dates and plant population. J. Plant Production, Mansoura Univ., 3(11): 2711-2722.
- Deka, K.K., Milu R. D., Bora P.., Mazumder. N., (2015). Effect of sowing dates and spacing on growth and yield of cluster bean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) in subtropical climate of Assam, India. Indian J. Agric. Res., 49 (3): 250-254.
- Ganesan, M., Subbiah, V. R., (2005). A case study on increasing tomato productivity in a low cost naturally ventilated greenhouse with different spacing. Scientist, JRD Tata Eco-technology Centre. P. 423-426.
- Ghosh, D. C., Patra, A. K., (1994). Effect of plant density and fertility levels on productivity and economics of summer sesame (Sesamum indicum). Indian J. Agron., 39(1): 71-75.
- Gomez, K. A., Gomez, A. A., (1984).Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research with Emphasis on Rice. John wiley and Sors, New York. pp. 680.
- Harish, S., (2011). Investigations on growing condition, spacing and calcium sprays on seed yield, quality and storability of tomato. M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis, Univ. Agric. Sci., Dharwad (Karnataka).
- Hatam, M. K. M., Khattak., Manullah, A. M., (2000). Effect of sowing date and sowing geometry on growth and yield of faba bean (Vicia faba L.). FABIS News Letter. 24:26-28.
- Jakusko, B. B., Anasunda, U. I., Mustapha, (2009). Effect of inter-row spacing on some selected cow pea (Vigna unguiculata L. Walp) varieties in Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria. IOSR-JAVS., 2(3): 30-35.
- Kumar, S., (2001). Response of hybrid tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) to plant geometry and training on growth, yield and quality. M.Sc, Thesis, RAU, Bihar.
- Lacob, F. C., Campeanu, G., Atanasiu, N., (2009). Effect of culture technique upon pickling cucumber hybrids in solarium tunnels in the Tartasesti- racan. Horti., 53: 133- 136.
- Mamnoie, E., Dolatkhahi, A., Esfandiyari, B., (2014). Effects of different levels of density on yield and quantitative characteristics of two greenhouse cucumber (Cucumis sativus) cultivars. J. Sci. Tech. Greenhouse Culture., 5: 18-20.
- Megharaja, K. M., (2000). Studies on the effect of growing conditions and growth regulators on growth and productivity of hybrid capsicum Cv. Indira. M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, Univ. Agric. Sci., Bangalore (Karnataka).
- Nagalakshmi, S., Nandakumar, N., Paliniswamy, D., Sreenarayan, V.V., (2001). Naturally ventilated polyhouse for vegetable cultivation. South Indian Hort., 49: 345-346.
- Parvej, M. R., Khan, M. A. H., Awal, M. A., (2010). Phenological development and production potentials of tomato under polyhouse climate. J. Agric. Sci., 5(1):9-31.
- Pawar, S.U., Kharwade, M. L., Awari, H. W., (2007). Effect of plant density on vegetative growth and yield performance of different varieties of French bean under irrigated condition. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 20(3): 684-685.
- Reddy, M. A., Reddy, S. B., (2011). Effect of planting geometry and fertility level on growth and seed yield of cluster bean under scarce rainfall zone of Andhra Pradesh. Legume Res., 34(2): 143-145.
- Satodiya, B. N., Patel, H. C., Soni, N. V., (2015) Effect of planting density and integrated nutrient management on flowering, growth and yield of vegetable cowpea (Vigna unguiculata walp). The Asian J. Hort., 10(2): 232-23.
- Sharma, D. K., Chaudary, D. R., Verma, T. S., (2001). Growth and seed yield of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) cv. Roma as influenced by levels of nitrogen and plant spacing. Harayana J. Hort. Sci., 30(2): 95-96.
- Sharma, V. K., Pathania, P., Sharma, G. D., (2008). Response of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) varieties to sowing dates and plant density in cold desert region. Legume Res., 31(3): 230-231.
- Shrikanth, M. N. Merwade, A. S., Tirakannanavar, C. S., Mallapur, C. P., Hosamani, R.M., (2007). Effect of spacings and fertilizer levels on crop growth and seed yield in lablab bean (Lablab purpureus). Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 21(3): 440-443.
- Singh, J. V., Punia, A., Chader, S., Gupta, V., (2002). Characterization and evaluation of cluster bean [Cyamopsis tetragonoloba(L.)
- Taub] germplasm. Forage Res., 28(3):130-133.
- Singh, R. V., (2000). Response of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) to plant spacing and nitrogen, phosphorus fertilization. Indian J. Horti., 57(4): 338-341.
- Singh, R. V., (2003). Response of rainy season tomato to N, P fertilization and plant spacing in the eastern plateau region. Indian J. Horti., 60: 79-83.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.