Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Combining ability and Heterosis analysis for grain yield and yield associated traits in Pea (Pisum sativum L.)
First Online 16-07-2018|
- Acikgoz E., Ustun A., Gul I., Anlarsal E., Tekeli A.S., Nizam I., Avcioglu R., Geren H., (2009) Genotype x environment interaction and stability analysis for dry matter and seed yield in field pea (Pisum sativum L.). Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 7: 96-106.
- Ahmad, S., Kaur, S., Lamb-Palmer, N. D., Lefsrud, M., and Singh, J. (2015). Genetic diversity and population structure of Pisum sativum accessions for marker-trait association of lipid content. Crop J. 3: 238–245. doi: 10.1016/j.cj.2015.03.005
- Alam, A.K.M.M., Ahmed, S., Begum, M and Sultan, M.K. (2008). Heterosis and combining ability for grain yield and its contributing characters in maize. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research. 33 (3): 375-379.
- B. Griffing,(1956) Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallele crossing systems Aust. J. Biol. Sci., 9 pp. 463-493
- Ceyhan E (2003). Determination of some agricultural characters and their heredity through line x tester method in pea parents and crosses. Selcuk Univ., Graduate School Nat. Appl. Sci. p. 103
- Ceyhan E, Avci MA, Karadas S. (2008). Line × tester analysis in pea (Pisum sativum L.): Identification of superior parents for seed yield and its components. Afr. J. Biotech., 7: 2810-281.
- Ceyhan, E. (2004). Effects of sowing dates on some yield components and yield of dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) cultivars. Turkish J. Field Crops 9(2): 87-95.
- Dhama, S. K., Tyagi, N. K. and Singh, P. B. (2010). Interrelationship and path analysis for seed yield and its component characters under eight environments in pea (Pisum sativum L.). Legume Research, 33 (2): 87-94.
- Dixit, G. P. (2003). Combining ability analysis in field pea. Indian. J. Pulses Res. 16 (1) : 20 - 21.
- Enrique Luis Cointry, María Andrea Espósito, leana Gatti and Fernando Sebastián López Anido1 ,(2013) . Combining abilities and heterotic groups in Pisum sativum L. Australian Journal of Crop Science : 7(11):1634-1641.
- Espinosa N, Ligarreto GA. (2005). Evaluating combinatory ability and heterosis of seven parental Pisum sativum L. Agron. colomb., 23(2): 197-206.
- Falconer, D.S., (1980). Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. Oliver and Boyd Ltd., London.
- Kanagarasu, S., Nallathambi, G., Ganesan, K.N. and Kannan, S. (2013). Genetic variability and association analysis for yield and its components in single cross hybrids of maize (Zea mays L.). Electron. J. Plant Breed., 4: 1319-1324.
- Kempthorne, O. (1957). An Introduction to Genetic Statistics. John Wiley and Sons, New York
- Mehmet Ali and Avci (2008). Line x tester analysis in pea (Pisum sativum L.). Identification of superior parents for seed yield and its components. African. J. Bio., 7(16): 2810-2817
- Mohammad Motamedi , Rajab choukan, Eslam majidi hervan , Mohammad Reza Bihamta and Farokh Darvish Kajouri,.(2014) Int. J. Biosci. Vol. 5,. 12, p. 123-129.
- Sharma, D.K., B. Adarsh and D.R. Chaudhary, (1999). Studies on combining ability and gene action in pea (Pisum sativum L.). Indian. J. Hill Far., 12: 32-36.
- Singh CM. and Babu GS: (2012). Magnitude of heterosis and combining ability in relation to yield and some morphological traits for improvement of upland rice (Oryza sativa L.). Madras Agric. J., 99 (7/9): 447-453.
- Singh NK, Kumar D, Kumar N, Singh DN (2001). Combining ability for yield and its components in pea. Ann. Agric. Res. 22(4):570- 575.
- Singh RK, and Chaudhary BD, (1979). Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis, . Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi, India, pp. 9-10.
- Swaminathan, M.S., (2002) Food groups and balance diet: Recommended dietary allowances. In: Essentials of Food and Nutrition- An Advanced Textbook,. 2. pp. 1-23.The Bangalore Printing and Publishing Co. Ltd. Bangalore
- Tyagi, M.K and Srivastava.C.P. (2001). Analysis of gene effects in pea. Legume Research. 24(2): 71-76.
- Uddin, M. S., Khatun F., Ahmed S., Ali M. R. and Bagum S. A. (2006). Heterosis and Combining Ability in Field Corn (Zea mays L.). Bangladesh J. Bot. 35 (2): 109-116.
- Witters R.E. (1973) Relationships between leaf morphology and gas exchange in Pisum sativum L. Agronomy Abstracts, American Society of Agronomy: 39.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.