Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Essential selection criteria for dual uses of red pea (Lathyrus cicera L.)
First Online 25-04-2018|
- Allkin, R., Macfarlane, T.D., White, R.J., Bisby, F.A., Adey. M.E. (1985). The geographical distribution of Lathyrus. Vicieae Database Project, No. 6, Southampton, UK, pp. 1-35.
- Albayrak, S., Sevimay, C.S., Tongel, M.O. (2003). Determination of characters regarding to seed yield using correlation and path analysis in inoculated and non-inoculated common vetch (Vicia sativa L.). Turk J. of Field Crop, 8:76-82.
- Bakoglu, A., Celik, S., Kokten, K. (2016). Analysis of some plant measures of narbon vetch (Vicia narbonensis L.) effecting plant length using path analysis. Legume Research, 39: 755-761.
- Belaid, Y., Chtourou-Ghorbel, N., Marrakchi, M., Trifi-Farah, N. (2006). Genetic diversity within and between populations of Lathyrus genus (Fabaceae) revealed by ISSR markers. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, 53: 1413-1418.
- Bhanu, A. N., Singh, M. N., Tharu, R., Saroj, S. K. (2017). Genetic variability, correlation and path coefficient analysis for quantitative traits in chickpea genotypes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 51: 425-430.
- Campbell, C.G., Mehra, R.B., Agrawal, S.K., Chen, Y.Z., Abd El Moneim, A.M., et al.,(1994). Current status and future breeding strategy in breeding grasspea (Lathyrus sativus). Euphytica, 73: 167-75.
- Campbell, C.G. (1997). Grass Pea. Lathyrus sativus L. Promoting the conservation and use of underutilized and neglected crops. 18. Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Gatersleben/International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome, Italy.
- Canci, H., and Toker C. (2006). Evaluation of selection criteria in large-seeded lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) genotypes using phenotypic correlations, path and factor analyses. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 11: 19-27.
- Cattel, R.B. (1965). Factor analysis: an introduction to essentials. I. The purpose and underlying models. Biometrics, 21: 190-215.
- Dagustu, N. (2002). Correlations and path coefficient analysis of seed yield components in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Turkish J. Field Crops, 7: 15-19.
- Davies, A.J.S. (1957). Successful crossing in the genus Lathyrus through stylar amputation. Nature, 180: 612-612.
- Dewey, D.L. and Lu, K.H. (1959). A correlation and path-coefficient analysis of components of crested wheatgrass seed production. Agronomy Journal, 51: 515-518.
- Dokuyucu, T., Akkaya, A., Akcura, M. (2002). Path analysis of yield and some yield-related traits of durum wheat genotypes grown in rainfed conditions of Mediterranean region. Turkish J. Field Crops, 7: 31-39.
- Fernandez-Aparicio, M. and Rubiales. D. (2010). Characterization of resistance to crenate broomrape (Orobanche crenata Forsk.) in Lathyrus cicera L. Euphytica, 173: 77-84.
- Hanbury C.D., White, C.L., Mullan, B.P., Siddique, K.H.M. (2000). A review of the potential of Lathyrus sativus L. and L. cicera L. grain for use as animal feed. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 87: 1-27.
- Hopf, M. (1986). Archaeological evidence of the spread and use of some members of the Leguminosae family. In: Barigozzi, C. The original and domestication of cultivated plants. Oxford: Elsevier, pp 35-60.
- Ilker, E. (2011). Correlation and path coefficient analyses in sweet corn. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 16: 105-107.
- Karadavut, U. (2009). Path analysis for yield and yield components in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 14: 97-104.
- Kozak, M., Bocianowski, J., Rybinski, W. (2008). Selection of promising genotypes based on path and cluster analyses. The Journal of Agricultural Science, 146: 85-92.
- Kumari, V. and Prasad, R. (2005). Model plant type in khesari (Lathyrus sativus L.) suitable for hill farming. Lathyrus Lathyrism Newsletter, 4: 15-17.
- Ozkaynak, E., Samancý, B., Cetin, M.D. (2003). Correlation and path cooficent analysis of yield componenets in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 8: 51-56.
- Pushpavalli, S.N.C.V.L., Sudhakar, C., Rani, C.S., Rajeswari, R.R., Rani, C.J. (2017). Genetic divergence, correlation and path coefficient analysis for the yield components of pigeonpea genotypes. Legume Research, 40: 439-443.
- Saxena, M.C., Abd El Moneim A.M., Ratinam, M. (1992). Vetches (Vicia spp.) and chicklings (Lathyrus spp.) in the farming systems in West Asia and North Africa and improvement of these crops at ICARDA. In: Garlinge, J.R. and Perry M.W. Potential for Vicia and Lathyrus Species as New Grain and Fodder Legumes for Southern Australia Perth, Western Australia, Co-operative Research Center for Legumes in Mediterranean Agriculture (CLIMA), pp 2-9.
- Sayar, M.S. (2014). Path coefficient and correlation analysis between forage yield and its affecting components in common vetch (Vicia sativa L.). Legume Research, 37: 445-452.
- Siddique, K.H.M., Loss, S.P., Herwig, S.P., Wilson, J.M. (1996). Growth, yield and neurotoxin (ODAP) concentration of three Lathyrus species in Mediterranean-type environments of Western Australia. Animal Production Science, 36: 209-218.
- Siddique, K.H.M. and Hanbury, C.D. (1998). Introduction, evaluation and utilization of Lathyrus germplasm in Australia. In: Lathyrus Genetic Resources Network in Asia. [Mathur, P.N., Ramanatha Rao, V., Arora, R.K.] New Delhi: IPGRI, pp 42-45.
- Sirel, Z. and Aytac, Z. (2016). Relationships between the seed yield and some agronomic characteristics of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under semi-arid conditions. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 21: 29-35.
- Tadesse, W. and Bekele, E. (2001). Factor analysis of components of yield in grasspea (Lathyrus sativus L.). Lathyrus Lathyrism Newsletter, 2: 91-93.
- Thakur, S.K. and Sirohi, A. (2009). Correlation and path coefficient analysis in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under different seasons. Legume Research, 32: 1-6.
- Turkec, A. (2005). Correlation and path analysis of yield components in soybean varieties. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 10: 43-48.
- Uzun, B. and Cagirgan, M.I. (2001). Path-coefficient analysis for seed yield and related characters in a population of determinate and indeterminate types of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 6: 76-80.
- vaz Patto, M.C., Skiba, B., Pang, E.C.K., Ochatt, S.J., Lambein, F., Rubiales, D. (2006). Lathyrus improvement for resistance against biotic and abiotic stresses. Euphytica, 147: 133-147.
- vaz Patto, M.V., Fernandez-Aparicio, M., Moral, A., Rubiales, D. (2007). Resistance reaction to powdery mildew (Erysiphe pisi) in a germplasm collection of Lathyrus cicera from Iberian origin. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, 54: 1517-1521.
- Yildirim, M.B., Budak N., Arshad, Y. (1996). Factor analysis of yield and related traits in bread wheat. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 1: 11-15.
- Yildizdogan, Z., Ikten, C., Mutlu, N., Toker, C. (2016). Genetic relationships among the genera Cicer L., Lathyrus L., Lens Mill., and Vicia L., together with similarity of Lens taxa based on morphological and AFLP markers. Turkish Journal of Botany, 40: 566-575.
- Yucel, C. (2004). Correlation and path coefficient analyses of seed yield components in the narbon bean (Vicia narbonensis L.). Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 28: 371-376.
- Yunus, A.G. and Jackson, M.T. (1991). The gene pools of grass pea (Lathyrus sativus L.). Plant Breed, 106: 319-328.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.