Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Incremental cost-benefit ratio of certain bio-pesticides against Helicoverpa armigera Hubner (Noctuidae: Lepidoptera) in chickpea
First Online 20-12-2017|
- Ahlawat, I. P. S., and Omprakash. (1996). Nutritional value of chickpea grains. Principles of Agronomy and crops. p. 43.
- Ahmed, S., Zia, K., and Shah, N. R. (2004). Validation of chemical control of gram pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera (hub.) with new insecticides. Int. J. Agri. Biol. 6(6): 278-280.
- Bhushan, S., Singh, R.P. and Shanker, R. (2011). Bio-efficacy of neem and Bt against pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera in chickpea. Journal of Biopesticides. 4:87-89.
- Chauhan, R., and Dahiya, B. (1994). Response of different chickpea genotypes to Helicoverpa armigera at Hisar. Indian J. Plant Protection. 22: 170-72.
- Chejara, B.K. (2013). Studies on Gram Pod Borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hub.) on Chickpea and its control with insecticides and biopesticides. M.Sc. Thesis. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur, M.P., India.
- Dhaka, S. S., Singh, G., Yadav, A., Rai, M., and Kumar, A. (2015). Efficacy of novel insecticides against pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in vegetable pea. Progressive Horticulture. 47(1): 146-150.
- Ghetiya, L.K.V. (2010). Population dynamics and management of pod borer complex in pigeonpea, Cajanus cajan (L.) Millspaugh. Ph.D. Thesis, Anand Agricultural University, Anand, Gujarat, India.
- Ghosh, A., Chatterjee, M., and Roy, R. (2010). Bio-efficacy of spinosad against tomato fruit borer (Helicoverpa armigera Hub.) (Lepidoptera:Noctuidae) and its natural enemies. J. Horticulture and Forestry. 2(5):108-111.
- Ghugal, S.G., Shrivastava, S.K., Bhowmick, A.K., and Saxena, A.K. (2013). Management of Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in chickpea with biopesticides. JNKVV Res. J. 47(1): 84-87.
- Golvankar, G.M., Desai, V.S., and Dhobe, N.S. (2015). Management of Chickpea Pod Borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hubner by Using Microbial Pesticides and Botanicals. Trends in Biosciences. 8(4): 887-890.
- Jat, S. K., and Ameta, O. P. (2013). Relative efficacy of biopesticides and newer insecticides against Helicoverpa armigera (Hub.) in tomato. The Bioscan. 8(2): 579-582.
- Jeyarani, S., Sathiah, N., and Karuppuchamy, P. (2010). Field efficacy of Helicoverpa armigera nucleopolyhedrovirus isolates against H. armigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on cotton and chickpea in Tamil Nadu. Plant Protection Science. 46(3): 116-122.
- Kale, S.N., and Men, U.B. (2008). Efficacy of microbial insecticides and their combinations against Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) on chickpea. Journal of Biological Control. 22(1): 205-208.
- Lal, O. P. (1996). An outbreak of pod borer, H. armigera (Hubner) on chickpea in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. J. Ent. Res. 20(2): 179-81.
- Mane, P.N., Rathod, P.K., Balode, K.L., and Deshmukh, S.N. (2013). Efficacy of microbials and botanicals against Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in Sunflower. Current Biotica. 7(3): 241-245.
- Manjunath, T. M., Bhatnagar, V. S., Pawar, C. S., and Sithanantham, S. (1989). Economic importance of Heliothis spp. in India and an assessment of their natural enemies and host plants. In: Proceedings of workshop on Biological Control of Heliothis. Increasing the effectiveness of natural enemies (Ed. King, I.G. and Jackson, R.D.), Far Eastern Regional Research Office, United States Department of Agriculture. pp. 197-228.
- Meena, L. K. and Raju, S. V. S. (2014). Bioefficacy of newer insecticides against tomato fruit borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) on tomato, (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) under field conditions. The Bioscan. 9(1): 347-350.
- Naik, C.M., Chakravarthy, A.K., Naik, T.B., and Sasivihalli, P.B. (2013). Population dynamics and management of Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) (Noctuidae: Lepidoptera) on groundnut in coastal Karnataka. Environment and Ecology. 31(1):54-57.
- Nain, R., Dashad. S.S., and Singh, S.P. (2013). Bio-efficacy of newer insecticides against head borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) infesting sunflower. Crop Research. 46 (1-3): 130-132.
- Puri, S. N. (1995). Present status of IPM in India. Proceeding of National Seminar on Integrated Pest Management in Agriculture, December 29-30, 1995. Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Prasad, A., and Purohit, S. (2013). Field Study for the Bioefficacy and Economics of Herbal- Lantana camara (L.) And Fungal- Beauveria bassiana (Balsamo), Biopesticides against Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) In South Rajasthan (India). International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. 4(6): 110-116.
- Priyadarshini, G., Reddy, C.N., and Reddy, D.J. (2013). Bioefficacy of Selective Insecticides against Lepidopteran Pod Borers in Pigeonpea. Indian Journal of Plant Protection. 41(1):6-10.
- Saindane, Y.S., Patil, R.V., Deore, B.V., and Landge, S. A. (2016). Bio-efficacy of Some Microbial and Botanical Biopesticides against Important Pests of Pigeon Pea. Advances in Life Sciences. 5(12): 5284-5288.
- Sherzad, A. and Kumar, A. (2014). Comparative efficacy of insecticides and Beauveria bassiana in management of Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner). Annals of Plant Protection Sciences. 22(2): 268-271.
- Shinde, Y.A., Veda, O.P., and Patel, B.R. (2013). Efficacy of microbials against chickpea pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner). Current Biotica. 7(3): 222-227.
- Shivaleela, I.U., Nandihalli, B. S., and Prakash, H.T. (2014). Performance of different spray sequences in the management of pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in chickpea ecosystem. International Journal of Plant Protection. 7 (1):192-195.
- Singh, A.K. and Kumar, A. (2012). Evaluation of new molecules in IPM modules against Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in Chick pea. Annals of Plant Protection Sciences. 2:9-12.
- Singh, P.S., Shukla, R.K. and Yadav, N.K. (2012). Bio-efficacy of some insecticides against H. armigera (Hubner) on chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Journal of Food Legumes. 25(4): 291-293.
- Singh,R.K.(2015). Calculation based on pesticides. http://agropedia.iitk.ac.in/content/calculation-based-pesticides. [Accessed 7 August 2015].
- Sinha, D., Sahoo, A.K., and Sonkar, K. (2013). Bio-efficacy of Insecticides against Caterpillar Pests of Soybean Crop. Research Journal of Agricultural Science. 4: 609-611.
- Tavaragondi, V., Babu, C.S.J., Chetan, T., Murali, S., and Reddy, G.N. (2013). Evaluation of efficacy of different botanicals and chemical insecticides against pigeonpea pod borers. Environment and Ecology. 31(2): 1169-1173.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.