Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Performance of Kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L) under different sowing dates in sub-mountainous area of Punjab
First Online 29-12-2017|
- Amanullah J. I, Hayat T. F, Khan A. I and Khan N. (2002) Effect of sowing dates on yield and yield components of mash bean varieties. Asian J. Pl. Sci. 1:622-624.
- Chatterjee B. N. and Bhattacharya K. K. (1986) Principles and Practices of Grain LegumeProduction. Oxford & IBH Publishing Co., NewDelhi. pp. 492.
- Cheema H. S. and Singh B. 1991. Software Statistical Package CPCS-1. Department of Statistics, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India.
- Dapaah H. K, Mckenzie B. A and Hill G. D (2000) Influence of sowing date and irrigation on the growth and yield of pinto beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) in a subhumid temperate environment. J. Agri. Sci. 134:33-43.
- El-Noemani A. A, El-Zeiny H. A., El-Gindy A. M., El-Sahhar E. A. and El-Shawadfy M. A (2010) Performance of some bean (Phaseolus VulgarisL.) varieties under different irrigation systems and regimes, Australian J. Basic and Appl. Sci. 4(12): 6185-6196
- Kay D. E. (1979) Food Legumes. Digest No. 3 pp. 127.
- Lemma D. (2003) Snap Bean Production and Research Status (Phasiolus vulgaris) in Ethiopia. Melkasa Agricultural Research Center. Nazret, Ethiopia.
- Mayhew S. and Penny A. (1988) Tropical and Sub-Tropical Foods. MacMillan Education LTD. London, England.
- Moniruzzaman M, Rahman S. M. L., Kibria M. G., Rahman M. A., Kaisar M. O. (2007). Performances of vegetable french bean as influenced by varieties and sowing dates in rabi season. Int. J. Sustain. Crop Prod. 2(5): 69-73.
- Pandey R. K., Sexaena M. C. and Singh V. B. (1978) Growth analysis of blackgram genotypes. Indian J. Agril. Sci., 48: 466-473.
- Rajput R. P., Deshmukh M. R. and Paradkar V. K. (1987) Accumulated heat units and phenologyrelationships in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) asinfluenced by planting dates under late sownconditions. J. Agron. Crop Sci., 159: 345-48.
- Saini J. P. and Negi S. C., (1998) Effect of cultivar and date of sowing on growth and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) under dry temperate condition. Indian J Agron, 43: 110-113.
- Seyum E. G. (2014) Influence of plant spacing and date of sowing on yield and yield components of two snap bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) varieties in Jimma,Southwestern Ethiopia. Merit Res. J. Agric Science and Soil Sci. 2(7):086-095
- Singer S. M, Helmy Y. I, Sawan O. M and El-Abd S. O. (1996) Effects of plastic tunnels and sowing dates on growth and productivity of bean varieties grown in calcareous soil conditions. Egypt J. Horticulture, 23(2)
- Vange T. and Obi I. U (2006) Effect of planting date on some agronomic traits and grain yield of upland rice varieties at Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. J. Sustain. Dev. Agric. Env. 2(1):1-9
- Vieira H. J, Bergamaschi H., Amgelocci L. R. and Libardi L. (1990) Performance of tow bean cultivars under two soil water availability regimes. II. Stomata1 resistance to vapour diffusion, transpiration flux density and water potential in the plant. Pesquisa Opecubria Brasileira, 24(9): 1045-1053.
- Yoldas F. and Esiyok D. (2007) Effects of sowing dates and cultural treatments on growth, quality and yield of processing beans. Pakistan J. Biol. Sci. 10:2470-2474
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.