Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Study on the effect of different levels of organic and inorganic fertilizers on microbial enzymes and soil mesofauna in soybean ecosystem
First Online 20-06-2018|
- Ayuke, F. O., Opando-Mbai, M. L., Rao, M. R. And Swift, M. J., (2004), An assessment of biomass transfer from green manure to soil macrofauna in agroecosystem-soil macrofauna biomass. In: Batino, A. (Eds.), Managing nutrient cycles to sustain soil fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa, Academy of Sciences Publishers, Nairobi, Kenya, 4: 65-76.
- Bray, R. H., And Kurtz, L. T., (1945)), Determination of total, organic, and available forms of phosphorus in soils. Journal of Soil Science, 59: 39-45.
- Casida, L.E., D.A. Klein And T. Santro, (1964), Soil dehydrogenase activity. Journal of Soil Science, 98: 371-376.
- Chacon, P., Nazoa, S. And Hemandez, L. Y. D., (1997), Effect of organic fertilization on arthropods abundance in a savana soil. Acta Biologica Venezuelica, 17(2): 77-83.
- Chakrabarti, K., Sarkar, B., Chakraborty, A., Banik P. And Bagchi, D. K., (2000), Organic recycling for soil quality conservation in a sub- tropical plateau region. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 184: 137-142.
- Corstanje, R., Schulin, R. And Lark, R., (2007), Scale – dependent elationships between soil organic matter and urease activity. European Journal of Soil Science, 58(5):1087-95.
- Dick, R. P., Rasmussen, P. E. And Kerle, E A., (1988), Influence of long-term residue management on soil enzyme activities in relation to soil chemical properties of a wheat-fallow system. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 6:159-164.
- Eivazi, F., Tabatabai, M.A., (1977), Phosphates in soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 9:167–172.
- Filser, J., (1995), Semi-field studies on the effects of the insecticide endosulfan on Collembola. Verhandlungen Der Gesellschaft fur Okologia, 19(2): 302-309.
- Flisher, O., Brussard, L. And Leo, S., (2003), Soil fauna and organic amendment interactions affect soil carbon and crop performance in semi-arid West Africa. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 44(2):343-351.
- Giri, B., Giang, P.H., Kumari, R., Prasad, R And Varma, A., (2005), Microbial diversity in soils. In. Microorganisms in soils: roles in genesis and functions : Buscot F, Varma S, eds Heidelberg, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 195–212.
- Hiltner, L., (1904), Recent experience and problems in the field of soil bacteriology, with particular emphasis on land abandonment and fallow land. Arb. Duetsch.Landw. Gesell, 98: 59-78.
- Iqbal, M.J., Zahida Parveen, Jamil, A., Parveen, Z. And Amer Jamil, (1998), Comparitive study of home. Physico-chemical characteristics and phosphate activity of corn and tobacco soils. Sarhed Journal of Agriculture, 14(2): 127-130.
- Jackson, M. L., (1973), Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India (Pvt.) Ltd., New Delhi.
- Kandeler, E., Mosier, A., Morgan, J., Milchunas, D., King, J., Rudolph, S. And Tscherko, D., (2006), Response of soil microbial biomass and enzyme activities to the trancient elevation of carbon dioxide in a semi-arid grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 38: 2448-2460.
- Killham, K., (1994), Soil Ecology. Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Liu,K. (1997) Chemistry and nutritional value of soybean components. In:Soybeans. Springer Boston, MA.
- Makoi And Ndakidemi., P. A. (2008), Selected soil enzymes: Examples of their potential roles in the ecosystem. African Journal of Biotechnology, 7 (3): 181-191.
- Patra, D.D., Bhandari, S.C. And Misra, A., (2005), Effect of plant residues on the size of microbial biomass and nitrogen mineralization in soil. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 38(1): 1-6.
- Prasanna, P. M. And Kumar, N. G., (2011), Effcet of FYM and chemical fertilizers on the abundance and diversity of insect pests, soil chemical, growth and yield parameters of soyabean. Agriculture Science and Research, 2:357:363.
- Skujins, J., (1978), History of abiotic soil enzyme research.. In enzymes. Burna, G. (Ed.)Academic Press, Inc., New York., pp. 1-49.
- Skujins, J.J And Burns., (1976), Extracellular enzymes in soil. Critical Reviews in Microbiology, 4: 383-421.
- Smith, P. And Powlson, D. S., (2003), Sustainability of soil management practices – a global perspective. In: Abbott LK, Murphy DV (eds) Soil biological fertility – A key to sustainable land use in agriculture. Kluwer Academic Publishers, ordrecht, Netherlands, pp 241–254.
- Subbaiah, B.V. And Asija, G.C., (1956), A rapid procedure for determination of available nitrogen in soils. Current Science, 25, 259–260.
- Trevors, J. T., (1984), Dehydrogenase activity in soil: a comparison between the INT and TTC assay. Soil Biology Biochemistry, 16: 673–674.
- Watanabe, J. And Ogawa, K., (1990), Influence of organic matter application on soil mesofauna in clay soils. Research Bulletin of the Hokkaido Agricultural Experment Station, 154: 83-91.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.