Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Growth and yield of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L.) cultivars under water Deficit at different growth stages
First Online 29-12-2017|
- Aboamera, M.A. (2010). Response of cowpea to water deficit under semi-portable sprinkler irrigation system. Misr Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 27: 170- 190.
- Afzal, A. and Kumar, R. (2015). Effect of irrigation scheduling on the growth and yield of wheat genotypes. Agriculture Science Digest, 35 : 199-202. DOI: 10.5958/0976-0547.2015.00045.2
- Ahmed, F.E. and Suliman, A.S.H. (2010). Effect of water stress applied at different stages of growth on seed yield and water-use efficiency of cowpea. Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America, 1: 534-540.
- Allen, R.G., Pereira, L.S., Raes, D. and Smith, M. (1998). Crop Evapotranspiration —Guidelines for Computing Crop Water Requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 56. Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome.
- El-Nakhlawy, F.S., Ismail, S.M. and Basahi, J.M. (2017). Optimizing mungbean productivity and irrigation water use efficiency through the use of low water- consumption during plant growth stages. Legume Research (http://arccjournals.com/journal/ legume-research-an-international-journal/LR-336).
- Faloye, O.T. and Alatise, M.O. (2015). Effect of varying water applications on evapotranspiration and yield of cowpea under sprinkler irrigation system. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences, 8: 307-319.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research (2nd Edn.).194 John Wiley and Sons, New York. pp. 680.
- Gwathmey, C.O. and Hall, A.E. (1992). Adaptation to midseason drought of cowpea genotypes with contrasting senescence traits. Crop Science, 32: 773-778.
- Hall, A. E. (2012). Phenotyping cowpeas for adaptation to drought. Frontiers in Physiology, 3: 1-8. doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2012.00155
- Hsiao, T.C. and Acevedo, E. (1974). Plant response to water deficits, water use efficiency, and drought resistance. Agriculture. Meteorology, 14: 59 – 84.
- Ismail, S.M.I. and Magdi A.A.M. (2014). Optimizing tomato productivity and water use efficiency using water regimes. Plant Density and Row Spacing Under Arid Land Conditions. Irrigation and Darning, 63: 640-650. DOI: 10.1002/ird.1868.
- Kamara, A.Y., Ewansiha, S., Ajeigbe, H., Omoigui, L., Tofa, A.I. and Karim, K. Y. (2017). Agronomic evaluation of cowpea cultivars developed for the West African Savannas. Legume Research, 40: 669-676. DOI: 10.18805/lr.v0i0.8410
- Mousa, M.A.A., Al-Qurashi, A.D. and Bakhashwain, A.A.S. (2013). Response of tomato genotypes at early growing stages to irrigation water salinity. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, 11: 132-138.
- Mousa, M.A.A., Al-Qurashi, A.D. and Bakhashwain, A.A.S. (2014). Ions concentrations and their ratios in roots and shoots of tomato genotypes associatedwith salinity tolerance at early growth stage. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences, 4: 586-600.
- Ong, C.K., (1984). The influence of temperature and water deficits on the partitioning of dry matter in groundnut (Archis hypogaea L.). Journal of Experimental Botany, 35: 746 – 755.
- Ram, H., Singh, G., Aggarwal, N. (2016). Effect of irrigation, straw mulching and weed control on growth, water use efficiency and productivity of summer mungbean. Legume Research, 39: 284-288. DOI: 10.18805/lr.v39i2.9533
- Ramachandiran, K. and Pazhanivelan, S. (2016). Abiotic factors (nitrogen and water) in maize : A review. Agricultural Reviews, 37: 317-324. DOI: 10.18805/ag.v37i4.6462.
- Sousa, C.C., Damasceno-Silva, K.J., Bastos, E.A. and Rocha, M.M. (2015) Selection of cowpea progenies with enhanced drought- tolerance traits using principal component analysis. Genetics and Molecular Research, 14 : 15981-15987. DOI http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4238/2015.December.7.10
- Warrag, M.O.A. and Hall, A.E. (1984). Reproductive responses of cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L) Walp] to heat stress. II. Responses to night air temperature. Field Crops Research, 8:17-33.
- Ziska, L.H. and Hall, A.E. (1983). Seed yields and water use of cowpeas [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.] subjected to planned-water deficit. Irrigation Science, 3: 237-245.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.