Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
On farm abiotic stress management in pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) and its impact on yield, economics and soil properties
First Online 04-12-2017|
- Aggarwal, P. and Goswami, B. (2003). Bed planting system for increasing water use efficiency of Wheat (Triticum aestivum) grown in Inseptisol. Indian. J. Agric. Sci., 73: 422-425.
- Ahlawat, I. P. S., Gangaiah, B. and Singh, I. P. (2005). Pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) research in India-an overview. Indian. J. Agric. Sci., 75: 309-320.
- Chesnin, L. and Yien, C. H. (1950). Turbidimetric determination of available sulphur. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc., 15: 149-151.
- Devasenapathy, P., Senthi, Kumar, G. and Shanmugam, M. (2009). Energy management in crop production. Indian. J. Agron., 54: 80-90.
- Dhindwal, A. S., Hooda, I. S., Malik, R. K. and Kumar, S. (2006). Water productivity of furrow-irrigated rainy-season pulses planted on raised bed. Indian. J. Agron., 51: 49-53.
- Gee, G. W. and Bauder, J. W. (1986). Particle size analysis. In: Klute, A. (ed). Method of soil analysis. Part 1: physical and mineralogical methods. Monographno. 9, (2nd ed.) ASA, Madison, WI., pp 110-135.
- Jat, M. L., Chandna, R., Gupta, S., Sharma, S. K. and M., Gill. (2006). “Laser Land Leveling: A Precursor Technology for Resource Conservation.” Rice-Wheat Consortium Technical Bulletin, Series 7, p 24.
- Kumar, K. and Goh, K. M. (2002). Management practices of antecedent leguminous and non-leguminous crop residues in relation to winter wheat yields, nitrogen uptake, soil nitrogen mineralization and simple nitrogen balance. Europ. J. Agron., 1: 295-308.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R. P., Kumar, R. and Om, H. (2013). Effect of integrated nutrient management on performance of sole and inter cropped pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) under rainfed conditions. Indian. J. Agron., 3: 309-315.
- Majumdar, D. K. (2011). Pulse crop production: Principles and Technologies. Published by Ashok K. Ghosh. PHI Learning Private Limited, M-97, Connaught Circus. New Delhi. Total p. 567.
- Mishra, A., Prasad, K., Swarnkar, G. B., Rai, G., and Khan, N. (2009). Studies on grain yield and yield components of long duration pigeon pea as influenced by planting methods and plant populations. Legume Res. 32: 230-232.
- Olsen, S. R., Cole, C. V., Watanable, T. S. and Dean, L. A. (1954). Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium carbonate. USDA, Washington. pp 159-163.
- Prasanna, Y. L. and Rama, Rao, G. (2014). Effect of waterlogging on growth and seed yield in green gram genotypes. Int. J. Food, Agric. Vet. Sci., 2: 124-128.
- Rajput R L and Pandey R N (2004). Effect of method of application of biofertilizers on yield of pea (Pisum sativum L.). Legume Research 27 (1): 75-76.
- Ramamoorthy, V., Naidu, L. G. K., Kumar, S. C. R., Srinivas, S. and Hegde, R. (2009). Soil-based fertilizer recommendations for precision farming. Current Sci., 97: 641-647.
- Ramana, V., Ramakrishna, M, Purushotham, K and Reddy, B. K. (2010). Effect of bio-fertilizers on growth, yield attributes and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Legume Res., 33: 178 – 183.
- Ram, Hari, Singh, G., Sekhon, H. S. and Khanna, V. (2011). Effect of sowing time on the performance of pigeon pea genotypes. J. Food Leg., 24: 207-210.
- Reddy, Amarender. (2009). “Pulses Production Technology: Status and Way Forward, “Economic and Political Weekly”, Vol. XLIV, No. 26, pp. 73-80.
- Sardana, V., Sharma, P. and Sheoran, P. (2009). Growth and production of pulse. Soils, plant growth and crop production. Vol. III, pp 1-9.
- Sayre, K. D. (2002). Effect of tillage, crop residue retention and nitrogen management on performance of bed-planted, furrow irrigated spring wheat in northwest Mexico. (In): Proceeding of the 15th Conference of International Soil Tillage Research Organization, held during 2-7 July at Forth Worth, Texas, the USA., pp 86-92.
- Shukla, M. K., Lal, R., Owens, L. W. and Unkefer, P. (2003). Land use and management impacts on structure and infiltration characteristics of soils in the North Appalachian region of Ohio. Soil Sci., 168: 167-177.
- Singh, V. K., Dwivedi, B. S., Shukla, A. K. and Mishra, R. P. (2010). Permanent raised bed planting of the pigeon pea-wheat system on a Typic Ustochrept: Effects on soil property, yield, and water and nutrient use efficiency. Field Crop Res., 116: 127-139.
- Subbaiah, B. V. and Asija, G. L. (1956). A rapid procedure for the estimation of available nitrogen in soil. Curr. Sci., 25: 259.
- Walkley, A. and Black, I. A. (1934). An examination of the Dettjareff method fo determining of soil organic matter and a proposed modification of the chromic acid titration method. Soil Sci., 37: 29-38.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.