- Abraham, T., Thenua, O.V.S. and Shivakumar, B.G. (2010). Impact of levels of irrigation and fertility gradients on dry matter production, nutrient uptake and yield on chickpea (Cicer arietinum) intercropping system. Legume Research 33(1): 10-16.
- Birbal, V.S. Rathore, Nathawat, N.S., Bhardwaj S. and Yadava N.D. (2013). Influence of irrigation methods and mulches on pea (Pisum sativum L.) in ber (Ziziphus mauritiana) based vegetable production system under tropical climate of Rajasthan. Legume Research 36 (6): 557 – 62.
- Demaghsi, N., Raei, Y. and Sharifi, R.S. (2009). The effect of water limitation and density on growth and grain yield of chickpea. Agricultural Science Tabriz 19(1): 104-115.
- Dutta, D., Duttamudi, D., Murmu, P. and Thentu, T.L. (2015). Response of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) to irrigation schedules, sulphur levels and sources in alluvial zone of West Bengal. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 60(3): 443-49.
- FAOSTAT (2014)
- Gomez, K.A., and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research, edn 2. An International Rice Research Institute Book. Wiley-Inter-Science Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Heydari, M.M., Nori, M., Khorgami, A., Pezeshkpour, P. and Arzani, A. (2010). Effects of plant density and supplementary irrigation on agronomic traits, leaf chlorophyll content and light interception at canopy base in chickpea cultivars. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science 40(3): unpaginated.
- Kumar, A., Rana, K.S., Rana, S.D., Bana, R.S., Choudhary, K.A. and Pooniya, V. (2015). Effect of nutrient and moisture management practices on crop productivity, water use efficiency and energy dynamics in rainfed maize (Zea mays) + soybean (Glycine max) intercropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(1): 152-56.
- Kumar, S.D. and Lal, B. R. (2012). Effect of Mulching On Crop Production under Rainfed Condition: A Review. Int. J. Res. Chem. Environ. 2(2): 8-20.
- Maiti, R.K. (2001) The Chickpea Crop. In: Maiti, R. and Wesche-Ebeling, P., Eds., Advances in Chickpea Science, Science Publishers Inc., Enfield, 1-31.
- Nedumaran, S., Bantilan, M.C.S., (2013). Grain legumes futures under changing socio-economic and climate scenarios. ICRISAT Working Paper Series.
- Raes, D., Geerts, S., Kipkorir, E., Wellens, J. and Sahli, A. (2006) Simulation of Yield Decline as a Result of Water Stress with a Robust Soil Water Balance Model. Agricultural Water Management, 81: 335-57.
- Rinaldi M, Vonella AV, Soldo P, Debiase G, Garofalo P (2008). Yield and canopy response of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) to different irrigation regimes. In Sustainable Irrigation - Management, Technologies and Policies II, [Brebbia & D. Pratas Rico (eds)] Y. Villacampa Esteve, C.A. WIT Press (UK), WIT Transaction on Ecology and the Environment 112: 123-132.
- Shamsi, K., Kobraee, S. and Haghparast, R. (2010). Drought stress mitigation using supplemental irrigation in rainfed chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) varieties in Kermanshah, Iran. African Journal of Biotechnology 9(27): 4197-203.
- Sher-Singh, Malik, R.K., Ashok-Yadav and Punia, S.S. (2006). Influence of irrigation, sulphur and seed inoculation on yield and soil moisture studies of late-sown chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Haryana Agricultural University Journal of Research 36(1): 23-29.
- Shiva, D., Das, S.K., Kumar, S. and Singh, J.B. (2008). Effect of tillage and soil moisture conservation practices on crop yields of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) and soil properties under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 78(12): 1042-47.
- Singh, G. Ram, H. Aggarwal, N. and Turner, C. (2015 a) Irrigation of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) increases yield but not water productivity. Experimental Agriculture 52(1):1-13.
- Singh, K.B., Jalota, S.K. and Gupta, R.K. (2015 b). Soil water balance and response of spring maize (Zea mays) to mulching and differential irrigation in Punjab. Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(2):279-84.
- Tetarwal, J.P., Ram, Baldev and Raiger, P.R. (2013). Yield, nutrient balance and water use efficiency as influenced by moisture conservation practices and sulphur sources of Indian mustard under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Fertilizers 9(7): 58-64.
- Thenua, O.V.S., Singh, S.P. and Shivakumar, B.G. (2010). Productivity and economics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) fodder sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) cropping system as influenced by P sources, bio-fertilizers and irrigation to chickpea. Indian Journal of Agronomy 55(1): 22-27.
- Zhang, S.L., Lövdahl, L., Grip, H., Tong, Y.A., Yang, X.Y., Wang, Q.J. (2009). Effects of mulching and catch cropping on soil temperature, soil moisture and wheat yield on the Loess Plateau of China, Soil Till. Res, 102: 78-86.
Submitted Date : 17-12-2016
Accepted Date : 21-03-2017