Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Induced mutations in soybean (Glycine max L.)
First Online 18-09-2017|
- Ahmed,M.S., Alam. M.M. and Hasanuzzaman M. (2010). Growth of different Glycine max L. Merril varieties as affected by sowing dates. Middle East Journal of Science and Research. 5:388-391.
- Board, J.E., Kamal, M and Harville. B.G. (1992). Temporal importance of greater light interception to increase narrow-row soybean. Agronomy Journal. 84:575- 579.
- Board, J.E., Manjit, S.K. and Harville, B.G. (1999). Path analysis of the yield formation process for late-planted soybean. Agronomy Journal. 91:128-135.
- Calvino, P.A., Sadras, V.O. and Andrade F.H. (2003a). Quantification of environmental and management effects on the yield of late- sown soybean. Field Crops Res. 83:67-77.
- Calvino, P.A., Sadras, V.O. and Andrade, F.H. (2003b). Development, growth and yield of late- sown soybean in the southern Pampas. Eur. J. Agron. 19:265-275.
- Devi, K. N., Singh, L.N.K.., Singh, M.S.., Singh, S.B. and Singh, K.K. (2012). Influence of sulphur and boron fertilization on yield, quality, nutrient uptake and economics of soybean (Glycine max L.) under upland conditions. Journal of Agricultural Science 4 1-9.
- Dornbos, D. L. Jr. and Mullen, R.E. (1991). Influence of stress during soybean seed fill on seed weight, germination, and seedling growth rate. Journal of Plant Science, 71: 373-383.
- Egli, D.B. and Bruening, W.P. (2000). Potential of early maturing soybean cultivars in late plantings. Agronomy Journal .62: 19-29.
- El-Abady, M.I., El-Emam, A.A.M.., Seadh, S.E. and Yousof, F.I. (2012).Soybean Seed Quality as Affected by Cultivars, Threshing Methods and Storage0 Periods. Research Journal of Seed Science, 5: 115-125.
- El-Sayed, M.I.A. (2012). Performance of some promising lines of soybean under different sowing dates. M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Mansoura University, Egypt.
- Evans, L.T. (1996). Crop evolution, adaptation and yield. Cambridge Univ. Press, UK.
- Kane, M.V., Steele, C.C and Grabau, L.J. (1997). Early maturing soybean cropping system: II. Growth and development responses to environmental conditions. Agronomy Journal. 89:459-464.
- Kantolic, A.G. and Slafer. G.A. (2001). Photoperiod sensitivity after flowering and seed number determination in indeterminate soybean cultivars. Field Crops Research. 72:109-118.
- Liu, X., Jian, J., Guanghua, W. and Herbert. S.J. (2008). Soybean yield physiology and development of high- yielding practices in Northeast China. Field Crops Research, 105: 157-171.
- Monoranjan Mehanty, Jeya Somasundaram, Ritesh Saha, Nishant Kumar Sinha. (2015). http://www.researchgate. net. publication /281624685. Climate change impacts on rainfed soybean yield of central india: Management strategies through simulation modeling.
- Mostafa,, A. 2011. Effect of sowing dates and growth regulators on seed yield and quality of some soybean cultivars. Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Kafr El-Sheikh University, Egypt.
- Naeve., S.L., Potter, B.D., Quiring, S.R., O’Neil. T.A. and Kurle, J.E (2004). Influence of soybean plant population and row spacing on development and yield across planting dates in Minnesota. Available at ww.soybeans.umn.edu pdfs/ 2004 as a poster 1 spacing planting screen.pdf (verified 11Dec.2007). University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Ngalamu.,T., Meseka. S. and Ashraf. M. (2012). Performance of soybean (Glycine max L. Merrill) genotypes under different planting dates in Sennar State of the Sudan. Journal of Applied Biosciences. 49: 3363–3370.
- Priestley, D.A., Cullinan. V.I. and Wolfe, J. (1985). Differences in seed longevity at the species level. Plant Cell Enviorn. 8:557-562.
- Rao., M., Bhagsari. A. and Mohamed. A. (2002). Fresh green seed yield and seed nutritional traits of vegetable soybean genotypes. Crop Sci. 42: 1950-1958
- Rehman, M. T. Khaliq., A. Ahmad. S.A. Wajid., F. Rasul., Hussain., J. and Hussain. S. (2014). Effect of planting time and cultivar on soybean performance in semi-arid Punjab, Pakistan. Academic Journal of Agricultural Research. 2(5): 134-138.
- Rehan, J. (2002). Effect of planting patterns on growth and yield of different legumes. M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Agronomy, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Shairef, A.E.M., El-Kalla, S.E., Salama. A.M. and Mostafa, E.I. (2010). Influence of organic and inorganic fertilization on the productivity of some soybean cultivars. Crop Environment. 1: 6-12.
- Thanacharoenchanaphas., K. and Rugchati, O. (2011) Simulation of climate variability for assessing impacts on yield and genetic change of Thai soybean. World Acad Sci Eng Tech 59: 1484-1488.
- Yari, L. M. Aghaalikhani. M. and Khazaei. F. (2010). Effect of Seed priming duration and temperature on seed germination behavior of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). ARPN J. Agric. Biol. Sci., 5(1).Anonymous, (2013). Annual Report. Director Report and Suammary Table of Experiments. National Research Centre for Soybean, Indore, ICAR.
- Arvind Kumar, Mishra, M.N. and Kharkwal, M.C. (2007). Induced mutagenesis in blackgram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). Indian J. Genet., 67(1): 41-46.
- Bhat, T.A., Khan, A.H., Sahba Parveen and Wani, N.A. (2006). Radiation induced pod and seed mutants and MMS induced closed flower mutant in broad bean (Vicia faba L.). Indian J. of Genet., 66(3): 249-250.
- Dhole, V.J. Maheshwari, J.J. and Shanti Patil. (2003). Studies on mutations induced by EMS in soybean (Glycine max (L) Merrill). Agricultural Science Digest, 23(3): 226-228.
- Gaul, H. (1970). Mutagen effects observable in the first generation. In: Manual on mutation Breeding. FAO/IAEA. Vienna.
- Haque, M.Z. and Godward MBE (1986). Plastid ultrastructure in chlorophyll mutant sectors of leaves in seed irradiated lectuceae. Cytologia 51: 777-784.
- Keiding Niels, (1970). The variance of X2 mutant frequency estimate in barly. Heriditas 66: 263-268.
- Kharkwal, M.C. (2000). Induced mutations in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) IV. Types of macro-mutations induced. Indian J. of Genet., 60(3): 305-320.
- Kiang, L.C. and Hallorani, G.M. (1975). Chemical mutagenesis in soybean using EMS and hydrozylamine hydrochloride. Mutation Research, 33: 373-382.
- Konstantin, M.J., Klobe, W.D. and Skold, L.N. (1974). Mutation induction in soybean. Mutation Breeding Newsletter., 3: 9-10.
- Manjaya, J.G. (2008). Genetic improvement of soybean variety VLS-2 through induced mutations. Induced plant mutations in the genomics era Proceedings of an International Joint FAO/IAEA Symposium, 2009: 106-110.
- Manjaya, J.G. and Nandanwar, R.S. (2007). Genetic improvement of soybean variety JS 80-21 through induced mutations. Plant Mutation Reports, 1(3):36-40.
- Sandhu, J.S. (1984). Studies on induced variability for quantitative characters in soybean (Glycine max. (L.) Merrill). Ph.D. G.B.P.U.A&T., Pantnagar (Uttarkhand ), India.
- Shadakshari, Y.G., Chandrappa, H.M., Kulkarni, R.S. and Shashidhar, H.E. (2001). Induction of beneficial mutants in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Indian J. of Genet., 61(3): 274-276
- Singh, B.B. and Upadhyaya, H.D. (1979). Induced genetic variability for qualitative and quantitative characters in soybean. World soybean Conf. Raleigh, JSA. 26-29, March 1979.
- Singh, V.V., Ramakrishna, K. and Rajedra, K.A. (2006). Induced chemical mutagenesis in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp). Indian J. Genet., 66(4): 312-315.
- Solanki, I.S. (2005). Isolation of macromutations and mutagenic effectiveness and efficiency in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). Indian J. of Genet., 65(4): 264-268
- Swaminathan, M.S. (1957). Swedish mutation work in relation to plant breeding- A review. Special symposium on Genetics and Plant Breeding in South Asia. Indian J Genet and Pl Breed. 17 (2): 176-295.
- Tara Satyavathi, C.,Karmakar, P.G., Bharadwaj and Tiwari., S.P. (2003). Ancestral analysis of soybean varieties an overview. Indian J. Geneti. Plant Breed. 63:8788.
- Teodoradze, S. G. (1965). The utilization of bean and soya radiomutants in breeding work. Genetika Moskva, 1: 185-191.
- Teodoradze. S.G. (1966). The use of radio mutants of french and soybean in breeding work. In: Experimental mutagenesis of agricultural plants and its application in plant Breeding. Trans. Moscow Soc. Nat., 23: 120-125.
- Tiwari, S.P., (2003). Improvement of yield and yield potential in soybean; An analysis and synthesis . J oilseeds Res., 20:1-8.
- Tyagi, D.V.S. and Rawat, R.S. (2004). PS-4: an induced mutant cultivar of foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) Beaur.]. Indian J. of Genet., 64(1): 87-88.
- Von Wettstein, D. (1980). Origin of Chloroplasts. (Schiff JA and Stainer RY, eds) Elsevier, North Holland. p. 65.
- Zacharias, M. (1956). Mutation experiments on crop plants. VI. X-irradiation of the soybean. (Glycine soja (L.). Zuchter, 20: 321-328.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.