Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Effect of integrated nutrient management on productivity, nutrient acquisition and economics of blackgram (Phaseolus mungo L.) in an inceptisol of eastern Uttar Pradesh
First Online 29-05-2017|
A field experiment was conducted during kharif seasons of 2010 and 2011 to find out the suitable integrated nutrient management (INM) package for successful blackgram production in eastern part of Uttar Pradesh. The results indicates that significantly higher grain (959 kg ha-1), stover (2479 kg ha-1) and biological (3438 kg ha-1) yields and harvest index (27.9%) of blackgram were recorded with the application of soil test based NPK+10 t FYM ha-1+ Rhizobium + 30kg S ha-1+ 1kg Mo ha-1 over rest of the treatments. With regards to economics, soil test based application of NPK + 10t FYM ha-1 + Rhizobium + 30kg S ha- 1+ 1kg Mo ha-1 resulted in highest gross returns (44,580 ha-1), net returns (26,519 ha-1) and benefit: cost ratio (2.27) over other nutritional treatments. Similarly, integration of FYM, NPKSMo with Rhizobium significantly enhances the nitrogen (3.98% and1.55%), phosphorus (0.53% and 0.27%), potassium (2.52% and 3.53% ), sulphur (0.39% and 0.31%), and molybdenum (4.25 mg kg-1 and 3.59 mg kg-1) contents in grain and stover of blackgram over control, respectively.
- Amruta N, Maruthi J B, Sarika G and Deepika C. (2015). Effect of integrated nutrient management and spacing on growth and yield parameters of blackgram CV. LBG-625. The Bioscan 10(1): 193–198.
- Chesin L and Yien CH. (1951). Turbidimetric determination of available sulphates. Proceeding of Soil Science Society of America 14: 149–151.
- ESI.(2015). The Economic Survey 2014–15. The Economic Survey of India, New Delhi
- Gayathri A, Vadivel A, Santhi R, Boopathi P M and Natesan R. (2009). Soil test based fertilizer recommendation under integrated plant nutrition system for potato (Solanum tuberosum. L) In hilly tracts of nilgiris district. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research 43 (1): 52–56.
- Gomez KA and Gomez A A. (1984) .Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. An International Rice Research Institute Book, A Wiley Interscience, John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, USA.
- Gupta AK. (2007). The complete technology book on biofertilizers and organic farming. National Institute of Industrial Research Press, India.
- Jackson M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Jonson CM and Arkley TH. (1954). Determination of molybdenum in plant tissue. Analytical Chemistry 26:572–574.
- Karpagam J and Rajesh N. (2014). Molybdenum application for enhancing growth, yield and soil health on greengram (Vigna radiata L.) American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences 14 (12): 1378–1381.
- Khosro M and Yousef S. (2012). Bacterial Biofertilizers for Sustainable Crop Production: A Review. Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science 7(5): 308–316.
- Kumawat NS, Yadav RP, Kumar R. and Hariom (2015). Effect of integrated nutrient management on productivity, nutrient uptake and economics of rainfed pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) and blackgram (Vigna mungo) intercropping system. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 85(2):171–176.
- Olsen SR, Cole CV, Watanbe FS.and Dean LA (1954). Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate, USDA, Circular 939. United State Department of Agriculture, U.S.A.
- Quddus M A, Rashid M H, Hossain MA, Naser H M and Abedin Mian J. (2012). Integrated nutrient management for sustaining soil Fertility through chickpea-mungbean- t.aman Cropping pattern at madaripur region. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research 37(2): 251–262.
- Shrikant M. Vadgave (2010). Studies on integrated nutrient management on seed yield, quality and storability in greengram[Vigna radiata (L.) wilczek]-Thesis
- Soltanpour PN, Jones JB and Workman SM (1982). Optical emission spectrometry. p. 2965. In A.L. Page et al. (ed.) Methods of Soil Analysis. Part 2. 2nd ed. Agronomy Monograph. 9. ASA, Madison, WI.
- Subbiah BV and Asija (1956). A rapid procedure for the determination of available nitrogen in soils. Current Science 25: 259–260.
- Walkley AJ and Black CA.(1934). An estimation of the Degtjareff method for determining soil organic matter and a proposed modification of the chromic acid titration method. Soil Science 37:29–38.
- Zahida R, Dar SB, Mudasir R and Inamullah S (2016). Productivity and quality of French Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) as influenced by integrating various sources of nutrients under temperate conditions of Kashmir. International Journal of Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences 6 (1) 15–20.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.