Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Influence of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield parameters and yield in French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)
First Online 27-07-2017|
An investigation was carried out during rabi season of 2013-14 at vegetable farm, College of Horticulture, Mandsaur (Gwalior) to study the effect of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield parameters and yield in French bean. The treatments comprised six nutrient levels N1, N2, N3, N4, N5 and N6 and three varieties viz., Arka Komal (V1), Contender (V2) and Swarna Priya (V3). It was noticed that application of nutrient levels and varieties had significant influence on growth, yield and yield parameters. Nutrient level N4 [Vermicompost (10t/ha) + N (50kg/ha) + Rhizobium (15g/kg seed) + PSB (15g/kg seed) + P2O5 (80kg/ha) + K2O (80kg/ha)] recorded the maximum plant height (57.92cm), fresh weight of shoot (43.70g), dry weight of shoot (11.33g), number of pod per plant (31.81), pod length (15.55cm), shelling percent (76.87%), harvest index (26.82%), seed yield per plant (17.35g) and seed yield per hectare (25.22q). The maximum days for 50 per cent flowering were taken with the application of N6 nutrient level which was significantly higher over other nutrient levels. Among the varieties Swarna Priya (V3) recorded the highest growth, yield parameters and yield in French bean. Earliest 50% flowering was recorded in variety Contender followed by Arka Komal.
- Adsule, R.N., Deshpande, S.S and Sathe, S.K. (1998). French bean In: Handbook of Vegetable Science and Technology, [Salunkhe, D.K. and Kadam, S.S. (eds.)] Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York pp. 457-469.
- Behura, A.K.; Mahapatra, P.K. and Swain, D. (2008). Effect of irrigation and nitrogen on yield, water and nitrogen use efficiency in rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Legume Res., 31 (1): 40 -43.
- Dwivedi, Y.C., Sharma, R.S. and Sengupta, S.K. (1995). Effect of phosphorus and potassium fertilization on seed yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Veg.Sci. 22 (1):36-38.
- Gopalakrishnan, T.R. (2007). Vegetable Crops. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (India).
- Karasu, A., Oz, M. and Dogan, R. (2011). The effect of bacterial inoculation and different nitrogen doses on yield and yield components of some dwarf dry bean cultivars (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Bulgarian J. Agri. Sci. 17 (3): 296-305.
- Kushwaha, B.L. (1994). Response of French bean to nitrogen application in North Indian plains. Indian J. Agron. 39 (1):34-37.
- Manivannan, S., Batamurugan, M., Parthasarathi, K., Gunasekaran, G. and Ranganathan, L. S. (2009). Effect of vermicompost on soil fertility and crop productivity - beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). J.Environ. Biol. 30 (2): 275-281.
- Mongi, Rose; Tongoona, Pangirayi; Shimelis, Hussein and Sibiya, Julia (2016). Appraisal of common bean farming systems under angular leaf spot disease prone environments of the southern highlands of Tanzania. Indian J. Agric. Res., 50 (5): 428-433.
- Moniruzzaman, M., Rahman, S.M.L., Kibria, M.G., Rahman, M.A. and Kaisar, M.O. (2007). Performances of vegetable French bean as influenced by varieties and sowing dates in rabi season. Int. J. Sustain. Crop Prod. 2 (5):69-73.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatame, P.V. (1984). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. Fourth edition. ICAR Publication, New Delhi.
- Parithiban, S. and Thamburaj S. (1991). Influence of Rhizobium culture and nitrogen fertilization on French bean. South Indian Hort., 39 (3):137-138.
- Rajput, Pankaj Kumar, Singh, O.N., Singh, Yogeshwar and Singh, J.P. (2006). Integrated nutrient management for quantitative and qualitative yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Veg. Sci. 33 (2):155-159.
- Ramana, V., Ramakrishna, M., Purushotham, K. and Reddy, K. Balakrishna (2010). Effect of biofertilizers on growth, yield attributes and yield of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Legume Res. 33 (3):178-183.
- Ramana, V., Ramakrishna, M., Purushotham, K. and Reddy, K. Balakrishna (2011). Effect of biofertilizer on growth, yield and quality of French bean. Veg. Sci. 38 (1):35-38.
- Sardana, Virender; Dhingra, K.K.; M.S. Gill and Singh, Inder Jit (2000). Production technology of French bean (Phaseolus Vulgaris L.) cultivation: A review. Agric. Rev., 21 (3): 141-154.
- Singh, Anjani K., Singh, S.B. and Singh, Vineeta (2009). Influence of nitrogen doses on growth and green pod yield parameters of French bean varieties during kharif season under sub tropical area of Jammu region. Legume Res. 32 (2): 142-144.
- Wange, S.S., Karkeli, M.S., Patil, J.D and Meher, B.B. (1996). Effect of rhizobial inoculation and fertilizer nitrogen on French bean varieties. J. Soils and Crops. 6 (1):132-133.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.