Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Influence of vermicompost and split applied nitrogen on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and soil fertility in pole type frenchbean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in an Acid Alfisol
First Online 07-09-2017|
- Ahmad, A., Abrol, Y.P., and Abdin M.Z. (1999). Effect of split application of sulphur and nitrogen on growth and yield attributes of Brassica genotypes differing in time of flowering. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 79:175-180.
- Bark, T. and Gulati J.M.L. (2009). Use of vermicompost in field crops and cropping systems. Agricultural Review. 30: 48–50.
- Das, A., Prasad, M., Gautam R. C., and Shivay Y.S. (2006). Productivity of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) as influenced by organic and inorganic sources of nitrogen. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 76: 354-57.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez A. A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research, 2nd ed. John Willey and Sons, New York.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi.
- Jaga, P.K. and Upadhyay V.B. (2013). Effect of integrated nutrient management on wheat – a review. Innovare Journal of Agricultural Science. 1:1-3
- Jonah, N., Chemining’wa, G.N., Muthomi J.W., and Shibairo S.I. (2012). Effect of Rhizobium inoculation and nitrogen fertilizer application on growth, nodulation and yield of two garden pea genotypes. Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences. 15: 2147- 2156.
- Korwar, G.R., Pratibha, G., Ravi V., and Palanikumar D. (2006). Influence of organics and inorganics on growth and yield of aonla (Emblica officinalis) and soil quality in semi-arid tropics. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 76: 457-461.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P., Kumar R., and Om H. (2013). Effect of integrated nutrient management on the performance of sole and intercropped pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) under rainfed conditions. Indian J. Agron. 58: 309-315
- Lad, N.G., Patange M.J., and Dhage S.J. (2014). Effect of Nitrogen and Phosphorous levels on growth, yield attributing characters, yield and economics of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). International Journal of Current Microbiology & Applied Sciences. 3 (12): 822-827
- Laxminarayana and Patiram. (2005). Influence of inorganic, biological and organic manures on yield and nutrient uptake of groundnut (Arachis hypogea) and soil properties. Indian J. Agric. Sci., 75: 218-221.
- Mujahid, A.M. and Gupta A.J. (2010).Effect of plant spacing, organic manures and inorganic fertilizers and their combinations on growth, yield and quality of lettuce (Lactuca sativa). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 80:177-181.
- Roberts, T.L. (2008). Improving Nutrient Use Efficiency. Turk. J. Agric, 32:177-182.
- Sharma, A., Devi J., and Katoch V. (2016). Genetic variability and Genotypic x Environment interaction for seed yield and related traits in French bean germplasm. Indian J. Plant Genet. Resourc. 29 (2): 156-162.
- Sharma, A. and Sharma R.P. (2016). Effects of boron and lime on productivity of garden pea under acidic soils in Northwestern Himalayas. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 47 (3): 291-297.
- Sharma, A.,. Parmar, D.K, Kumar, P., Singh Y., and Sharma R.P.. (2008). Azotobacter soil amendment integrated with cow manure reduces need for NPK fertilizers in sprouting broccoli. Int. J. Veg. Sci. 14: 273-285.
- Sharma, A., Sharma R.P., and Singh S. (2016). Influence of rhizobium inoculation, split nitrogen application and plant geometry on productivity of garden pea (Pisum sativum L.) in an acid alfisol. Legume. Res. 39 (6): 955-961.
- Sharma, A., Sharma, R.P., Sharma, G.D., Sankhyan N.K., and Sharma M.. (2014 a). Integrated Nutrient Supply System for cauliflower- frenchbean-okra cropping sequence in humid temperate zone of north-western Himalayas. Indian J. Hort. 71: 211-216.
- Sharma, U., Paliyal, S.S., Sharma S.P., and Sharma G.D. (2014 b). Effects of continuous use of chemical fertilizers and manure on soil fertility and productivity of maize–wheat under rainfed conditions of the Western Himalayas. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 45:2647–2659.
- Sutaria, G.S., Kabari, K.N., Vora V.D., Hirpara D.S., and Padmani D.R.. (2010). Response of legume crops to enriched compost and vermicompost on Ustochrept under rainfed Agriculture. Legume. Res. 33:128–130.
- Tan, M., and Serin Y. (1995). Effect of inoculation and nitrogen on the hay, seed, stem, raw protein yield, raw protein rate and nodule number in vetch (Vicia sativa L.) under irrigated conditions of Erzurum. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 19:137-144.
- Thakur, A., Sood K.C., and Pathania N.K.. (2009). French bean. In: Package of Pracitces for Vegetable Production. Published by Directorate of Extension Education, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Palampur. pp 48
- Vashist, N. and Sharma K.L. (2003). Effect of integrated use of inorganic nitrogen fertilizers, biofertilizers and organic manures on yield of china hybrid tea (Camellia sinensis) under the sub humid temperate region of Himachal Pradesh. Indian J. Agric. Sci., 73: 459-462.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.