Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Impact of Long-term fertilizer application on soil fertility, nutrient uptake, growth and productivity of soybean under soybean-safflower cropping sequence in Vertisol
First Online 20-08-2018|
- AOAC. (1990) Official Methods of Analysis, 12th ed., Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D.C.
- Akbari, K. N., Kanzaria, K. K., Vora, V. D., Sutaria, G. S. and Padmani, D. R. (2011) Nutrient management practices for sustaining groundnut yield and soil productivity on sandy loam soils. Journal of The Indian Society of Soil Science. 59(3): 308-311.
- Anonymous, (2012) Directorate of Soybean Research, Indore 452001. Annual Report, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Arbad, B. K. and Syed Ismail, (2011) Effect of integrated nutrient management on soybean (Glycine max)-safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) cropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 56 (4): 340-345.
- Bellakki, A. K. and Badanur, V. P. (1997) Long term effect of integrated nutrient management on properties of Vertisol under dryland agriculture. Journal of The Indian Society of Soil Science. 45: 438-442.
- Blake, G. R., Hartge, K. H. (1986) Bulk density. In: Methods of Soil Analysis, Part-I, Klute, A. (Ed.). American Society of Agronomy Inc. and Soil Science Society of America Inc. pp 371-373. Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- Chauhan, K. R., Ulemale, R. B. and Solunke, P. S. (2009) Production and economics of soybean-sunflower cropping system. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 27(3-4): 501-505.
- Chesnin, L. and Yien. C. H. (1950). Turbidimetric determination of available sulphur. Soil Science Society of America Proceeding. 14: 149-151.
- Dhyan Singh, Chhonkar, P. K. and Dwivedi, B. S. (2005) Manual on soil, plant and water analysis, Westville Publishing House, New Delhi. pp 200
- Gurumarthy, K. T., Leena Narayana and Prakasha, H. C. (2009) Micronutrient uptake and yield of soybean [Glycine max (L) Merrill] as influenced by integrated nutrient management practices. Mysore Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 23(4): 883-886.
- Jackson, M. L. (1973) Soil Chemical Analysis, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Jain, M. P. and Sharma, A. K. (2009) Conjunctive use of fertilizers and manures in soybean-wheat sequence. Indian Journal of Dryland Agricultural Research and Development. 24(1): 20-23.
- Katkar, R. N., Sonune, B. A. and Kadu, P. R. (2011) Long term effect of fertilization on soil chemical and biological characteristics and productivity under sorghum (Sorghum bicolor)-wheat (Triticum aestivum) system in Vertisol. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 81 (8): 734-739.
- Lindsay, W. C. and Narvell, W. L. (1978) Development of DTPA soil test for zinc, iron, manganese and copper. Soil Science Society of American Journal. 42: 421-428.
- Olsen, S. R., Cole, C. V., Watanabe, F. S. and Dean, L. A. (1954) Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate. United State Department of Agriculture Circular. pp 939.
- Palaskar, M. S., Babrekar, P. G. and Ghosh, A. B. (1981). A rapid analytical technique to estimate sulphur in soil and plant extract. Journal of The Indian Society of Soil Science. 29: 249-256.
- Panse, V. G. and Sukhatme, P. V. (1985) Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Piper, C. S. (1966) Soil and Plant Analysis. Asian Reprint, Hans Publication Bombay, India.
- Sawarkar, S. D., Thakur, R. and Khamparia, R. S. (2010) Impact of long term continuous use of inorganic and organic nutrients on micronutrients uptake by soybean in Vertisol. Journal of Soils and Crops. 20 (2): 207-210.
- Selvi, D. Santhy, P. and Dhakshinamoorthy, M. (2003) Efficiency of long- term integrated plant nutrient management or important soil properties of an Inceptisol. Madras Agricultural Journal. 90 (10-12): 656-660.
- Selvi, D., Santhy, P. and Dhakshinamoorthy, M. (2005) Effect of inorganics alone and in combination with farmyard manure on physical properties and productivity of Vertic Haplustepts under long-term fertilization. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 53(3): 302-307.
- Sharma, M. P., Bali, S. V. and Gupta, D. K. (2000) Crop yield and properties of Inceptisol as influence by residual management under rice-wheat cropping sequence. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 48(3): 506-509.
- Sheeba, S. and Chellamuthu, S. (1999) Long term influence of organic and inorganic fertilization on macronutrient status in Inceptisols. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 47 (4): 803-804.
- Shilpa Babar and Dongale, J. H. (2013) Effect of organic and inorganic fertilizers on soil fertility and crop productivity under mustard- cowpea-rice cropping sequence on lateritic soil of Konkan. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 61 (1): 7-14.
- Shiva Kant, (2012) The influence of nitrogen and sulphur on soil properties and yield of rice. Indian Journal of Agricultural Chemistry. XXXXV (3): 169-177.
- Subbiah, B. V. and Asija, G. L. (1956) A rapid procedure for the determination of available N in Soils. Current Science. 25: 259-65.
- Thakur, R., Sawarkar, S. D., Vaishya, U. K. and Muneshwar Singh, (2011) Impact of continuous use of inorganic fertilizers and organic manure on soil properties and productivity under soybean-wheat intensive cropping of a Vertisol. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 59 (1): 74-81.
- Thakur, R. and Sawarkar, S. D. (2009) Influence of long term continuous application of nutrient inputs spatial changes of soil physico- chemical properties of a medium blads soil. Journal of Soils and Crops. 19 (1): 14-20.
- Tomar, G. S. and Khajanji, S. N. (2009) Effect of organic manuring and mineral fertilizer on the growth, yield and economics of soybean [Glycine max (L). Merill]. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 5 (2): 590-594.
- Tomar, R. K. S. (2011) Effect of integration of biofertilizers and farm yard manure with inorganic fertilizer on productivity of soybean (Glycine max) in farmaers field. Journal Oilseed Research. 28(2): 112-114.
- Verma A, Nepalia V and Kanthaliya P C. 2005. Effect of continuous cropping and fertilization on crop yield and nutrient status of a Typic Hapluslopt. Journal of The Indian Society of Soil Science. 53: 365-358.
- Vyas, M. D. and Khandwe, R. (2012) Effect of integrated nutrient management on system productivity of soybean wheat cropping system in Vindhyan Plateau of Madhya Pradesh. Journal of Oilseed Research. 29(1): 41-44.
- Walkley, A. and Black, C. A. (1934) An examination of method for determining soil organic matter and a proposed modification of chromic acid titration method. Soil Science. 37 (1): 29-38.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.