Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Assessment of yield and quality characteristics of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) cultivars with different fall dormancy rating
First Online 07-10-2017|
- Anonymous, (1997). Acid detergent fiber and neutral detergent fiber using ANKOM’s fiber analyzer F220/220. Ankom Tech. Corporation Fairport, NY.
- Anonymous, (1995). The determination of nitrogen according to Kjeldahl using block digestion and steam distillation. Tecator Application Manual. Sweden.
- Anonymous, (2008 and 2009). Regional Meteorology Office, Adana, Turkey.
- Avci, M., Cinar S., Kizil.S., Kilicalp N., Hatipoglu, R., Yucel, C., Yucel, H., Aktas A., Gultekin, R. (2007). Research on the hay yields and qualities of some alfalfa cultivars under Cukurova conditions. 7th. Field Crops Congress. Erzurum, Turkey. 281-284.
- Avci, M., Çýnar, S., Yücel, C., and Inal, I. (2010). Evaluation of some selected alfalfa lines for herbage yield and forage quality. JFA & Environment, .8, (3&4): 545-549.
- Canbolat, O., Kamalak, A., Ozkan, C. O., Erol, A., Sahin, M., Karakas, E., and Ozkose E. (2006). Prediction of relative feed value of alfalfa hays harvested at different maturity stages using in vitro gas production. Livestock Research for Rural Development. Volume 18, Article #27. http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd18/2/canb18027.htm
- Al-Ghumaiz N., (2012). Performance of some cool-season forage legumes growing under desert environment. Legume Research, 35 (3): 243 - 247.
- Hill, J. R., Shenk, J. S. and Barnes, R. F. (1988). Breeding for yield and quality. In Hanson, A. A., Barnes, D. K. and Hill, R. R. (eds). Alfalfa and Alfalfa Improvement. Agronomy Monograph 29, ASA, Madison, USA, pp. 809-825.
- Julier, B., and Huyghe, C. (1997). Effect of growth and cultivar on alfalfa digestibility in a multi-site trial. Agronomie 17:481-489.
- Kallenbach, R. L., Nelson, C. J., and Coutts, J.H. (2002). Yield, quality, and persistence of grazing and hay-type alfalfa under three harvest frequencies. Argon. J. 94:1094-1103.
- Karayilanli, E. and Ayhan, V., (2016). Investigation of feed value of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) harvested at different maturity stages. Legume Research, 39 (2): 237-247.
- Kavut, Y.T. and Avcýoðlu, R. (2015). Yield and quality performances of various alfalfa cultivars in different soil textures in a Mediterranean environment. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 20:1: 65-71.
- Kiraz, A.B. (2011). Determination of relative feed value of some legume hays harvested at flowering stage, Asian Journal of Animal Veterinary Advances 6: 525-530.
- Marquez-Ortiz, J.J., Lamb, J.F.S., Johnson, L.D., Barnes, D.K., and Stucker, R.E., (1999). Heritability of crown traits in alfalfa. Crop Sci. 39:38-43.
- NAFA (National Alfalfa & Forage Alliance) (2014). Winter Survival, Fall Dormancy & Pest Resistance Ratings for Alfalfa Varieties, 2014 Edition, 8p. http://www.alfalfa.org/
- Putnam, D.H., S.B. Orloff, and L.R. Teuber. (2005). Strageties for balancing quality and yield in alfalfa using cutting schedules and varieties. In Proc. 35th California alfalfa and forage symposium. 12-14 December, Visalia, California. :237-252.
- Putnam, D.H., Robinson ,P., De-Peters, E. (2008). Forage Quality Testing. Irrigated Alfalfa Management for Mediterranean and Desert Zones. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources Pub.8302, Chapter 16:1-25.
- Rotili, P.,Gnocchi, G., Scotti, C. and Zannone, L. (1999). Some aspects of breeding methodology in alfalfa. In:Proc. of The Alfalfa Genome Conf., Wisconsin.
- Schroeder, J. W., (1994). Interpreting forage analysis. Extension dairy specialist, North Dakota State University, Coop. Ext. Serv. Pub. AS-1080.
- Spandel, E., and Hesterman, O. B. (1997). Forage quality and alfalfa characteristics in binary mixtures of alfalfa and brome grass or timothy. Crop Sci. 37:1581-1585.
- Strbanovich, R., Simic, A., Postic, D., Zivanovic, T., Vuckovic, S., Pfaf-Dolovac , E., and Stanisavljevic, R. (2015). Yield and morphological traits in alfalfa varieties of different origin. Legume Research, 38 (4):434-441.
- TUIK, (2016). Turkish Statistical Institute. Agricultural Production Statistics Database. URL: http://www.tuik.gov.tr.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.