- Anonymous. (2015). http://faostat.fao.org/site/336/Desktop.aspx?PageID=336.
- Connor, D.J. and Loomis, R.S. (1991). Strategies and tactics for water-limited agriculture in low rain fall Mediterranean climates. In: Acevedo, E., Fereres, E., Giménez, C., Srivastava, J.P. (Eds.), Improvement and Management of Winter Cereals Under Temperature, Drought and Salinity Stresses. Proceedings of the ICARDA-INIA Symposium, Córdoba, October 26–29, 1987. MAPA- INIA, Madrid, Spain, 441-465.
- Duzgunes, O., Kesici, T., Kavuncu, O. and Gurbuz, F. (1987). Research and Trial Methods. Journal of Agricultural Faculty of Ankara University, 381.
- Gale, C. and Stanton, M.L. (1995). Responses of Snowbed Plant Species to Changes in Growing-Season Length, Ecology, 76 (5): 1546-1557.
- Gregory, P.J. (1988). Root growth of chickpea, faba bean, lentil, and pea and effects of water and salt stresses. R.J. Summerfield (Ed.), World Crops. Cool-Season Food Legumes. Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands, 857-867.
- Karadavut, U. and Tozluca, A. (2005). Growth analysis some characters in rye plants (Secale cereale L.) Growth of root and upper ground parts. J. Crop Res., (2): 1-10.
- Kashiwagi, J., Krishnamurthy, L., Gaur, P.M., Chandra, S. and Upadhyaya, H.D. (2008). Estimation of gene effects of the drought avoidance root characteristics in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Field Crops Research, 105 (1–2): 64-69.
- Kiranmai, M.S., Venkataravana, P. and Pushpa, H.D. (2016). Correlation and path analysis studies in groundnut under different environment. Legume Research, 39 (6): 1048-1050.
- Kour, R., Sharmabbo, B.C., Kumar, A., Kour, P. and Nandani, B. (2016). Study of physiological growth indices of chickpea in chickpea (Cicer arietinum) + mustard (Brassica juncea) intercropping system under different weed management practices. Legume Research, 39 (3): 453-458.
- Kumar, J. and Abbo, S. (2001). Genetics of flowering time in chickpea and its bearing on productivity in semiarid environments. Adv. Agron., (72): 107-138.
- Lampurlanés, J., Angás, P. and Cantero-Martýìnez, C. (2002). Tillage effects on water storage during fallow, and on barley root growth and yield in two contrasting soils of the semi-arid Segarra region in Spain. Soil and Tillage Research, 65 (2): 207-220.
- McDonald, G.K. and Fischer, R.A. (1987). The role of soil management in the maintenance of crop production in semi-arid environments. In: Acevedo, E., Fereres, E., Giménez, C., Srivastava, J.P. (Eds.), Improvement and Management of Winter Cereals Under Temperature, Drought and Salinity Stresses. Proceedings of the ICARDA-INIA Symposium, Córdoba, October 26–29, 1987. MAPA-INIA, Madrid, Spain, 421-440.
- Mambani, B. and Lal, R. (1983). Response of upland rice varieties to drought stress. I. Relation between root system development and leaf water potential. Plant Soil, (73): 59-72.
- Patil, S.L., Loganandhani, N. and Ramesha, M.N. (2016). Evaluation of chickpea varieties under compartmental bunding in rainfed situation. Legume Research, 39 (6): 890-895.
- Pingoliya, K.K., Mathur, A.K., Dotaniya, M.L. and Dotaniya, C.K. (2015). Impact of phosphorus and iron on protein and chlorophyll content in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Legume Research, 38 (4): 558-560.
- Rowse, H.R. and Barnes, A. (1979). Weather, rooting depth and water relations of broad beans a theoretical analysis. Agric. Met., (20): 381-391.
- Tabachnick, B.G. and Fidell, L.S. (2007). Using Multivariate Statistics, 5th ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Tatlidil, H. (1996). Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis. Ankara.
- Tennant, D. (1980). Effect of fallowing on cereal yields. West Australian J. Agric. (21):38-41.
- Yavas, I. and Unay, A. (2016). Hormonal Changes and Root Growth in Crops Subjected to Waterlogging. Turk. J. Agric. Res. (3): 89-95.
- Wendy, K., Elizabeth, T., Kathryn, L., Eric, W., Virginia, L., Goldwasser, L., Micheli1, F., Bruce, E. and Rebecca, S. (2004). Distribution of plants in a California serpentine grassland: are rocky hummocks spatial refuges for native species. Plant Ecology, (172): 159-171.
- Wery, J. and Grinac, P. (1983). Uses of Legumes and their economic importance. In Technical Handbook on Symbiotik Nitrogen Fixation. FAO, Rome, Italy.
Submitted Date : 14-02-2017
Accepted Date : 21-04-2017