Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Correlation and path analysis studies in groundnut under different environment
First Online 16-11-2016|
In groundnut strong positive association was noticed between pod yield per plant and kernel yield per plant, oil yield per plant and significant and negative association with late leaf spot severity and rust incidence irrespective of the environments. Pod yield was also correlated with 100- kernel weight, plant height and oil content in environment III. The magnitude and direct association of pod yield with other characters varied from environment to environment. Inter correlation estimates for yield components revealed that plant height, 100-kernel weight, kernel yield per plant, oil yield per plant, late leaf spot severity, number of matured pods per plant, harvest index and plant height were significantly associated with one another and also with pod yield per plant which indicated that these characters were important components for improvement of pod yield in groundnut. This indicated that selection of genotypes based on oil yield per plant and kernel yield per plant is advantageous than the other characters.
- Abhay Darshora A.K. and Darshora., A.( 2002). Genetic variability and character association in Spanish bunch groundnuts. Res. on Crops 3: 416-420.
- Al-Jibouri, H. A., Miller P. A. and Robinson. H. V. (1958). Genotypic and environmental variances and co-variances in an upland cotton cross of interspecific origin. Agron J. 50: 633-536. .
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (1959). A correlation and path coefficient analysis of components of crested wheat grass seed products. Agron J 1: 515-520.
- Iroume, R.N. and Knauft. D.A. ( 1987). Heritability and correlations for pod yield and leaf spot resistance in peanut (Arachis hypogea L.). Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 33: 250-254
- Kadam ,P.S. Desai, D.T., Chinchane, V.N. and Vishal Sharma, (2009), Correlation and path coefficient analysis in Groundnut (Arachis hypogaea. L.). Journal Oilseeds Res. 26: 63-65
- Rao, T.G.N.,.Rao, V.N Reddy P.S. and Satyanarayana. V. (1995). A note on screening of groundnut germplasm lines against late leaf spot and rust. PKV Res.J . 19: 166 -167.
- Sah, J.N., Rameshkumar. and .Varshney. S.K (2000). Correlation and path analysis in mutant culture groundnut. J. Oilseeds Res 17: 23-28.
- Singh, S.B. and Singh. J.P. (1999). Correlation analysis of growth and yield components in groundnut. J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ 24: 48-49.
- Vaddoria, M. A. and Patel . V. J. (1992). Character association and Path analysis in Groundnut. Madras Agric. J 79: 500- 504.
- Varman , P.V. and . Raveendran . T.S (1989). Correlation analysis in certain Virginia groundnut genotypes. J. Oilseeds Res 6: 165-167.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.