Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Reproductive habits are a main component of integral water-use efficiency on common bean
First Online 06-09-2017|
- Ahlawat, S. and Kaur, D. (2015). Climate change and food production in North West India. Indian J. Agr. Res. 49(6): 544-548.
- Ahmed, S. (2009). Effect of soil salinity on the yield and yield components of mungbean. Pak. J. Bot. 41(1): 263-268.
- Álvarez, S., Navarro, A., Bañón, S. and Sánchez-Blanco, M.J. (2009). Regulated deficit irrigation in potted Dianthus plants: Effects of severe and moderate water stress on growth and physiological responses. Sci. Hortic. 122(4): 579-585.
- Angadi, S.V., Cutforth, H.W., Miller, P.R., Mc Conkey, B.G., Entz, M.H., Volkmar, K. and Brandt, S. (2000). Response of three Brassica species to high temperature injury during reproductive growth. Can. J. Plant. Sci. 80:693-710.
- Barnabás, B., Jäger, K. and Fehér, A. (2008). The effect of drought and heat stress on reproductive processes in cereals. PlantCell. Environ. 31(1): 11-38.
- Blum, A. (2005). Drought resistance, water-use efficiency, and yield potential—are they compatible, dissonant, or mutually exclusive? Crop Pasture Sci. 56(11): 1159-1168.
- Boutraa, T. (2010). Improvement of water use efficiency in Irrigated agriculture: A Review. J. Agron.9(1): 1-8.
- Emam, Y., Shekoofa, A., Salehi, F. and Jalali, A.H. (2010). Water stress effects on two common bean cultivars with contrasting growth habits. Am–Eur. J. Agric. Environ. Sci. 9(5): 495-499.
- Fang, X., Turner, N.C., Yan, G., Li, F. and Siddique, K.H. (2010). Flower numbers, pod production, pollen viability, and pistil function are reduced and flower and pod abortion increased in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under terminal drought. J. Exp. Bot. 61(2): 335-345.
- Farooq, M., Wahid, A., Kobayashi, N., Fujita, D. and Basra, S.M.A. (2009). Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agron. Sustain. Dev.29: 185–212.
- Galmés, J., Flexas, J., Savé, R. and Medrano, H. (2007). Water relations and stomatal characteristics of Mediterranean plants with different growth forms and leaf habits: responses to water stress and recovery. Plant Soil. 290: 139-155.
- Gholami, A., Sharafi, S., Sharafi, A. and Ghasemi, S. (2009). Germination of different seed size of pinto bean cultivars as affected by salinity and drought stress. J. Food. Agric. Environ. 7(2): 555-558.
- Iannucci, A., Terribile, M.R. and Martiniello, P. (2008). Effects of temperature and photoperiod on flowering time of forage legumes in a Mediterranean environment. Field Crops Res. 106(2): 156-162.
- Miah, M.S., Hossain, M.A. and Fakir, M.S.A. (2006). Flower production and yield in five Phaseolus vulgaris genotypes. Legume Res. 29(2): 89-95.
- Muñoz-Perea, C.G., Terán, H., Allen, R.G., Wright, J.L., Westermann, D.T. and Singh, S.P. (2006). Selection for drought resistance in dry bean landraces and cultivars. Crop Sci. 46(5): 2111-2120.
- Nuñez-Barrios, A., Hoogenboom, G. and Nesmith, D.S. (2005). Drought stress and the distribution of vegetative and reproductive traits of a bean cultivar.Sci. Agr. 62(1): 18-22.
- Oya, T., Nepomuceno, A.L., Neumaier, N., Bouças-Farias, J.R., Tobita, S. and Ito, O. (2004). Drought Tolerance Characteristics of Brazilian Soybean Cultivars—Evaluation and characterization of drought tolerance of various Brazilian soybean cultivars in the field—. Plant Prod. Sci. 7(2): 129-137.
- Rockström, J., Barron, J. and Fox, P. (2003). Water productivity in rain-fed agriculture: challenges and opportunities for smallholder farmers in drought-prone tropical agroecosystems. Water productivity in agriculture: Limits and opportunities for improvement. 85199(669): 8.
- Rost, S., Gerten, D., Bondeau, A., Lucht, W., Rohwer, J. and Schaphoff, S. (2008). Agricultural green and blue water consumption and its influence on the global water system. Water Resour. Res. 44(9).
- Ruiz-Nieto, J.E., Aguirre-Mancilla, C.L., Acosta-Gallegos, J.A., Raya-Pérez, J.C., Piedra-Ibarra, E., Vázquez-Medrano, J. and Montero- Tavera, V. (2015). Photosynthesis and chloroplast genes are involved in water-use efficiency in common bean. Plant Physiol. Biochem.86: 166-173.
- Shadakshari, T.V., Yathish, K.R., Kalaimagal, T., Gireesh, C., Gangadhar, K. and Somappa, J. (2014). Morphological response of soybean under water stress during pod development stage. Legume Res. 37(1): 37-46.
- Talukdar, D. (2011). Flower and pod production, abortion, leaf injury, yield and seed neurotoxin levels in stable dwarf mutant lines of grass pea (Lathyrus sativus L.) differing in salt stress responses. IJCR. 2(1): 46-54.
- Terán, H. and Singh, S.P. (2002). Comparison of sources and lines selected for drought resistance in common bean. Crop Sci. 42(1): 64-70.
- Turner, N.C., Colmer, T.D., Quealy, J., Pushpavalli, R., Krishnamurthy, L., Kaur, J., Singh, G., Siddique K.H.M. and Vades, G. (2013). Salinity tolerance and ion accumulation in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) subjected to salt stress. Plant Soil. 365(1-2): 347-361.
- Wang, Y., Ying, J., Kuzma, M., Chalifoux, M., Sample, A., McArthur, C., Uchacz, T., Sarvas, C., Wan, J., Dennis, D.T., McCourt, P. and Huang, Y. (2005). Molecular tailoring of farnesylation for plant drought tolerance and yield protection. The Plant Journal. 43(3): 413-424.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.